NFL 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I think the product is too watered down, I really wish there was a Thursday night game tonight.

Even though I think the product is too watered down, I really wish there was a Thursday night game tonight.

From what I've heard, the reason there is no Thursday game in week 17 is so that teams don't get an advantage of a few extra days off before potential playoff games....

this can be fixed with a bye week before a thursday game. imo
a little different this late in season. but different is the norm in the NFL lately.

I agree. I think a potential problem with a Thursday night game in week 17 is a team getting EXTRA rest going into Wildcard Weekend. Example: if the Chiefs played tonight and the Colts play Sunday, that would be a competitive imbalance going into a potential playoff matchup.

From what I've heard, the reason there is no Thursday game in week 17 is so that teams don't get an advantage of a few extra days off before potential playoff games....

I agree. I think a potential problem with a Thursday night game in week 17 is a team getting EXTRA rest going into Wildcard Weekend. Example: if the Chiefs played tonight and the Colts play Sunday, that would be a competitive imbalance going into a potential playoff matchup.

LOL.....great minds and all that!! :)

Looks like my Bears are done for the year.

Now , think about it ...

Do you really expect Aaron Rogers to light it up after been on the shelf for 7 weeks ?

I suspect he will struggle ... This is why I think it's surprising that Rogers is actually playing this week ... Then again, he's using this game as a warm up to get back in the hang of things before the Playoffs.

It's unfortunate because I think Flynn has played well.

Now , think about it ...

Do you really expect Aaron Rogers to light it up after been on the shelf for 7 weeks ?

I suspect he will struggle ... This is why I think it's surprising that Rogers is actually playing this week ... Then again, he's using this game as a warm up to get back in the hang of things before the Playoffs.

It's unfortunate because I think Flynn has played well.

I agree. I think the Packers are grasping at straws here. A playoff game (for all intents and purposes), in a hostile environment , in more than likely frigid weather.... is usually not a recipe for success coming back from a major injury.

I agree. I think the Packers are grasping at straws here. A playoff game (for all intents and purposes), in a hostile environment , in more than likely frigid weather.... is usually not a recipe for success coming back from a major injury.

However, the Bears are very capable of losing it all by themselves.

I will take an Aaron Rodgers coming off a non throwing arm (shoulder) surgery over an inconsistent Jay Cutler any day.Keep in mind Cutler is just coming back himself!!...McCown should still be in there for Chicago!..He was hot!

I will take an Aaron Rodgers coming off a non throwing arm (shoulder) surgery over an inconsistent Jay Cutler any day.Keep in mind Cutler is just coming back himself!!...McCown should still be in there for Chicago!..He was hot!

I didn't realize that it was his Non Throwing shoulder ...

Wow and it still took 7-8 weeks.

It's no guarantee Green Bay goes far in the playoffs even if they win Sunday- defensively, they aren't exactly the Carolina Panthers.

I mean, it's asking a bit too much to say Rodgers will cover up for a unit that's given up 40, 38, and 36 in 3 of their last 4 games.

I'm just glad the Bills have some sense of a pulse by recent Buffalo standards.

We set a team record with sacks- 56! Last year, only 36.

Clearly, Wannstedt held us back.
I don't understand how this guy continues to get work. He destroyed 2 teams as a Head coach at Chicago and Miami yet he continues to get opportunities based on what happened in Dallas as a DC. He can thank Jimmy for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts