NFL 2016-17 Season

The Patriots are the only team from last year's Conference Championship Games to make this year's postseason (Broncos, Panthers and Cardinals have all been eliminated from postseason contention).

The AFC Playoff field is all set. Now it's just a matter of the seedings. The Patriots could be 1 or 2, the Raiders could be 1, 2 or 5, the Steelers could be 3 or 4, the Texans could be 3 or 4, the Chiefs could be 2,5 or 6 and the Dolphins could be 5 or 6.
So, does this mean if the Steelers lose and get the 4th slot (I don't see that happening, but you never know) they would play the Texans ?
Am I looking at that right, they would play the Texans regardless ? If Steelers win and take #3, the Texans would be #4 and if they lose, they would just swap spots.

So, does this mean if the Steelers lose and get the 4th slot (I don't see that happening, but you never know) they would play the Texans ?
Am I looking at that right, they would play the Texans regardless ? If Steelers win and take #3, the Texans would be #4 and if they lose, they would just swap spots.
From Pro Football Talk, they say the Steelers have the #3 spot wrapped up and will play either the Chiefs or Dolphins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hinks-steelers-should-get-healthy-in-week-17/

Lions vs Packers Flexed to Sunday Night next week.
The winner, wins the Division.

The Lions will clinch a playoff berth with a win tonight in Dallas. However, win OR lose tonight, the game against the Packers next Sunday night is for the division.

Reactions: Jimbo
Opps, should have said the Winner of the Packers vs Lions wins the division.

You actually did say that. I was just pointing out that a Lions win tonight will clinch them a playoff berth. :)

Interesting thing about the Lions: they could finish with the #2, 3, 4 or 6 seed OR miss the playoffs entirely

Reactions: satjay
I don't expect the Lions to win tonight, I think it will all come down to the Packers game next week.

Lions will never stop Zeke and the rest of the D offense.

You actually did say that. I was just pointing out that a Lions win tonight will clinch them a playoff berth. :)

Interesting thing about the Lions: they could finish with the #2, 3, 4 or 6 seed OR miss the playoffs entirely
I would have never dreamed the Lions would have a shot at the playoffs in a position other than 5 or 6 ... it just doesn't happen in Detroit ....

Reactions: BillD1984
I would have never dreamed the Lions would have a shot at the playoffs in a position other than 5 or 6 ... it just doesn't happen in Detroit ....

They need to win their last two games and have Atlanta lose next week to get the 2 seed (and first round bye)

They need to win their last two games and have Atlanta lose next week to get the 2 seed (and first round bye)
Not even looking at that scenario ... they get into the playoffs once every blue moon, from watching them I don't see them going very far, but it would be nice to see them win at least one game.
Any ideas yet who they might play if they do win the division ?

Loss of MVP candidate Carr was/is devastating to the franchise. BUT, the games must go one and it has to be "next man up". IF the Raiders win in Denver, no easy task even WITH Carr...it would be huge because that 1st round bye would give McGloin practice with the Ones and heal a few dings. Also, McGloin will be a free agent at the end of this season. With multiple teams in search of a good QB, this is HIS time to improve his stock.

...but losing Carr was a kick in the crotch by steel tip boots.

Loss of MVP candidate Carr was/is devastating to the franchise. BUT, the games must go one and it has to be "next man up". IF the Raiders win in Denver, no easy task even WITH Carr...it would be huge because that 1st round bye would give McGloin practice with the Ones and heal a few dings. Also, McGloin will be a free agent at the end of this season. With multiple teams in search of a good QB, this is HIS time to improve his stock.

It really does SUCK!! Some of my fellow Patriots fans are "celebrating" because it obviously helps the Pats cause with Carr on the shelf...not me, I've always wanted to beat the best.

More importantly, on a personal level it sucks for this kid. He was having an MVP season and brought a once mighty franchise back to being a contender. Sucks all around.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the Raiders, but I hate seeing players get hurt.

While a lot of good things will come out of the firing of the Ryan ditzes, the best is, the good people of Western NY will never be subjected to this commercial again.

(Don't watch if you just got done eating)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts