NFL 2016-17 Season

Moving on so far this weekend we have the Atlanta Falcons knocking out the Seattle Seahawks
and
The New England Patriots pulling away from the Houston Texans in the 2nd half.

KC/Pittsburgh and Green Bay and Dallas later Sunday.

Now we can add The Steelers and the Packers to the Conference Championship games.

Hey Bill,
In the Brady/ Big Ben era, any idea what the records are ?
I feel that Pittsburgh rarely ever beats Brady and company.
At least it seems that way.

Hey Bill,
In the Brady/ Big Ben era, any idea what the records are ?
I feel that Pittsburgh rarely ever beats Brady and company.
At least it seems that way.

Believe it or not, this will be only the second time that Brady and Roethlisberger have met in the postseason. The Pats won in Pittsburgh, 41-27 in the AFC Championship Game, January 2005 (Ben's rookie season).

Once again a Brady or Rothlisberger will be in the Super Bowl.

One of them have been in it a lot since they got started.

I don't think that is quite true. The Broncos and ravens have been in it during that era,. having said those two teams have been there a lot.

Reactions: BillD1984
I don't think that is quite true. The Broncos and ravens have been in it during that era,. having said those two teams have been there a lot.

And the Colts also. You're right though, it's pretty amazing that this is only the third time these two have met in the postseason since 2001.

Reactions: Peter Parker
Believe it or not, this will be only the second time that Brady and Roethlisberger have met in the postseason. The Pats won in Pittsburgh, 41-27 in the AFC Championship Game, January 2005 (Ben's rookie season).
Really...
Wow, that sounds hard to believe ....

There was a Stat out talking about Big Ben and Brady and Peyton being just about all the SB's in the 2000s ... something ridiculous.

Really...
Wow, that sounds hard to believe ....

There was a Stat out talking about Big Ben and Brady and Peyton being just about all the SB's in the 2000s ... something ridiculous.
Ok, I knew I would hear someone come up with this stat.

Brady, Big Ben and Peyton one of them have been in 13 of the last 14 Super Bowls.

This will only be the 5th time that the Steelers and Patriots have met in the postseason, and the third time they've met in the AFC Championship Game (tying them with Patriots-Colts, Broncos-Browns and Steelers-Raiders for the most common matchup in this game)

The Chiefs became the first team in NFL playoff history to a lose a game that at least 2 more touchdowns than their opponent. Going into the Steelers-Chiefs game, teams that scored at least two or more touchdowns were 245-0.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...e-trip-to-gillette-stadium-for-afc-title-game

Goodell not going to the AFC Championship game.

IMO it not only disrespects the Pats but also the Steelers and its going to make it that much sweeter when he hands over the Lombardi trophy to a grinning Brady next month.
So?

It's the last NFL game to be held in the Ga Dome, before it's demolished this spring. That's more likely the reason he'll be there instead of Boston.

Patriots fans really need to stop being butthurt all the time. It's not all about them.

Reactions: mccoyrj and meStevo
I agree with Brady that Goodell can go where he chooses. No problem. As for the Lombardi trophy the Pats are the front runners for it but it is not inconceivable that any of the remaining teams could beat them.

Reactions: BillD1984
So?

It's the last NFL game to be held in the Ga Dome, before it's demolished this spring. That's more likely the reason he'll be there instead of Boston.

Patriots fans really need to stop being butthurt all the time. It's not all about them.

There's three regular posters on this site that are Patriots fans, and I don't recall any of them (including myself) being butthurt "all the time". For the record, I don't give a crap where Goodell goes on Sunday. But to say the reason he's going to Atlanta is because it's the last game in the Georgia Dome is a little disingenuous, no? If it were Lambeau Field that was being demolished then I'd get your point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts