NFL 2016-17 Season

It's official.

C1-8SrhUAAAEixR.jpg

Ugh

I watched that too and thought the same thing. I agree with your rankings. I may even place Rodgers a notch above Ben the way Rodgers looked last week.
Obviously the 2016 regular season is the only criteria that would put Ryan ahead of Rodgers in any kind of ranking (and considering how hot Rodgers has been the last 2 months, even that is subjective). So assuming that is why Warner put Ryan ahead of Rodgers, why didn't he put Ryan ahead of Brady and Roethlisberger? With that list, it just seems that Warner was cherry picking his criteria. As far as Big Ben and Rodgers goes, you really can't go wrong with either of them. They are certainly interchangeable at #2 and #3. However, right now I give Ben a slight edge over Rodgers because of the 2 Super Bowls to 1, and Ben has generally been more consistent than Rodgers in the postseason.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Interesting topic on NFL Network last night. Kurt Warner was ranking the quarterbacks that are left in the playoffs 1 through 8. The one thing I agreed with was his opinion that 1 (Tom Brady) and 8 (Brock Osweiler) were obvious. 2 through 5 is where is gets muddled. After Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson rounded out Warner's top 4. Amazingly he didn't have Aaron Rodgers (#5) in his top 4 (Alex Smith and Dak Prescott were #6 and 7 respectively). Warner claimed his criteria for his rankings were the 2016 season (as a whole) and past postseason performances. If past performance was a criteria, how is Ryan ahead of Rodgers (and Wilson for that matter)? Yes, Rodgers has laid an egg or two in past postseasons, but at least he has won a Super Bowl. What exactly has Ryan done?

My rankings:
1. Brady

2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers

4. Wilson

5. Ryan

6. Smith

7. Prescott

8. Osweiler
I gotta agree with your ranking ...

Reactions: BillD1984
IMO, the best weekend on the sports calendar is upon us.........Divisional Round weekend

Can the banged up Seattle secondary slow down the great Atlanta offense?
Can Houston pull off the biggest postseason upset since Hank Stram, Len Dawson and the Chiefs defeated the Vikings in Super Bowl IV?
Can Big Ben, Bell and Brown go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs?
Can Dak and Zeke match points with the white hot Aaron Rodgers?

These matchups are the payback for NOT having any surprises last weekend. Compelling storylines abound

Reactions: mccoyrj
I'm actually surprised that the NFL hasn't done away with the 1:00 ET kickoff on both Wild Card and Divisional Sunday already. They changed the Saturday start times to 4:35/8:00 over a decade ago, but the 1:00/4:30 format has remained on both Sundays. I'll be interested to see if a lift in ratings gives them a shove in that direction

Not that it should come as a shock, but Jordy Nelson has been ruled out for tomorrow's game. Huge loss for Rodgers and the Packers.

Moving on so far this weekend we have the Atlanta Falcons knocking out the Seattle Seahawks
and
The New England Patriots pulling away from the Houston Texans in the 2nd half.

KC/Pittsburgh and Green Bay and Dallas later Sunday.

I'm actually surprised that the NFL hasn't done away with the 1:00 ET kickoff on both Wild Card and Divisional Sunday already. They changed the Saturday start times to 4:35/8:00 over a decade ago, but the 1:00/4:30 format has remained on both Sundays. I'll be interested to see if a lift in ratings gives them a shove in that direction
Looks like its already under consideration.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18479839/nfl-expected-consider-future-sunday-night-playoff-games

FINALLY a great game in the playoffs!! Cowboys and Packers tied at 28 with 4 minutes left in regulation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts