NFL 2017-18 Season

The big issue is the original call on the field was a Touchdown. To overturn that call into the fumble, the replay refs would have had to have conclusive evidence, which from the replays just wasn't there.

The big issue is the original call on the field was a Touchdown. To overturn that call into the fumble, the replay refs would have had to have conclusive evidence, which from the replays just wasn't there.
On a CBS broadcast game earlier this season, Tony Romo stated that the replay officials don't know what the original call on the field was. They view the play without the prejudice of knowing whether they're supporting or overturning the original call. I haven't found anything online to support that though......

On a CBS broadcast game earlier this season, Tony Romo stated that the replay officials don't know what the original call on the field was. They view the play without the prejudice of knowing whether they're supporting or overturning the original call. I haven't found anything online to support that though......
That's the complete opposite of everything that's been said, as well as the rule book which says the replay booth requires clear and convincing evidence to overturn a call on the field.

Also, it was in the replay booth because all touchdown's are subject to review, so they had to know the call was a touchdown.

Thought it was clear he lost control, once that happens he has to 'survive the ground' to posses the ball once more - and he touched out of bounds when he landed I thought (knocked over pylon, which is out of bounds) so even if he recovered it in the air he didn't regain possession until he landed - which was out of bounds.

upload_2017-10-17_10-53-25.png

upload_2017-10-17_10-53-40.png

That's the complete opposite of everything that's been said, as well as the rule book which says the replay booth requires clear and convincing evidence to overturn a call on the field.

Also, it was in the replay booth because all touchdown's are subject to review, so they had to know the call was a touchdown.

Agree with this thinking (have to know the call) as you need definitive proof to overturn something. That being said, it makes sense to see it with fresh eyes not knowing the specific call and then make it, and work from there.

Thought it was clear he lost control, once that happens he has to 'survive the ground' to posses the ball once more - and he touched out of bounds when he landed I thought (knocked over pylon, which is out of bounds) so even if he recovered it in the air he didn't regain possession until he landed - which was out of bounds.

View attachment 128760

View attachment 128761

The pylon is considered IN bounds

Went to the game. No doubt Metlife officials added a some extra soundtrack to make the Jets fans seem louder than they actually were considering the amount of Pats fans there... (60-40 for the Jets)

The pylon is considered IN bounds

But he has to 'survive the ground', because he lost the ball wall in the air. So when he hits the ground he lands on the pylon, which is positioned out of bounds.

attachment.php

Because he doesn't have possession before touching out of bounds is why it was a fumble, touched by someone out of bounds, making it a touchback.

Otherwise yeah, passing the ball inside the pylon ends the play and it's a touchdown. He has to reestablish possession first, a lot like a catch. He never does because he touches it while out of bounds.

Reactions: Jimbo
Went to the game. No doubt Metlife officials added a some extra soundtrack to make the Jets fans seem louder than they actually were considering the amount of Pats fans there... (60-40 for the Jets)
Atlanta Falcons lost a draft pick for doing that.

I am perplexed on how Lynch received ONLY a one game suspension of this actions on Thursday night. You would think, coming for the sideline and making contact with an official, would be something the NFL would really want to make a statement on such and prevent any future occurrences.

I don't get it.

I am perplexed on how Lynch received ONLY a one game suspension of this actions on Thursday night. You would think, coming for the sideline and making contact with an official, would be something the NFL would really want to make a statement on such and prevent any future occurrences.

I don't get it.
Goodell and Lynch are buddies ????

NFL is as corrupt as hell. There is no fairness or justice in the NFL, it's privately owned league for profit making and interpreting rules on the fly.
I'm done with the NFL and glad to see others have joined. Next step is stopping NFL from spending taxpayer $ on stadiums.

NO idea. The small suspension simply makes no sense to me.
I agree, however, it wouldn't surprise me that in the rule book is States 1 game for contacting a ref.
The coming off the sideline you would think woukd be a whole other issue, fine or suspension wise.

NFL is as corrupt as hell. There is no fairness or justice in the NFL, it's privately owned league for profit making and interpreting rules on the fly.
I'm done with the NFL and glad to see others have joined. Next step is stopping NFL from spending taxpayer $ on stadiums.
Most of that money is actually saved by the cities who own those stadiums, not the NFL, they usually just serve as the catalyst for that kind of project.

Maybe the Broncos should sign or try to acquire Eli Manning? He can't be any worse than the QB's that they already have, & the Broncos do have a history of success with over aged QB's.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts