NFL 2019 Season

Jimbo, I gotta say no. In fact, I think it should be a perquisite that a team has to be at least .500 to even qualify for the playoffs, let alone host a game. Take this year for example....hypothetically both the Cowboys or Eagles finish 7-9 (or worse), then a team like the Rams finishes 9-7 or 10-6 then they would take the NFC East’s spot

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I agree ...
Hopefully they reassess this situation.
It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

I think it was the Saints that had a much better record that had to go to Seattle to play a playoff game wehn Seattle was like 7-9 and won thier division.

Reactions: Bill0710
I think DIV winners
Even with .500/- records
Have earned a lead seed.

Teams have to play
In division teams
twice, home/away
with remaining
Out of division games
used to balance schedule
among league

Within each division
The teams who
Win the most
head to head
Ususally win the division.

Otherwise,
why bother having divisions

Also,
Division winner home game
Keeps each geographic region
Vested in post-season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: osu1991
The Cowboys with their hotshot q-back Dak Prescott got beat by Mitch Trubisky and Jerry's upset. Oh boo-hoo. The Cowboys have been the perennial losers of the NFL for 23 years, all of them under the full control of Jerry Jones. Hmmm, sensing a common thread there? Every year they get the spotlight; every year we hear how loaded with talent they are; and every year they fall short and Jerry says he doesn't understand why such a talented (?) team can't win. Well, A: they're not as talented as he thinks they are and B: his meddling undermines every coach he's ever had which is why they all leave except the "Yes" man puppet currently holding the job. There are two things very clear, Jerry hasn't a clue how to build a team, only a stadium, and he will never hire a coach that knows more about football than he does, hence the long drawn out misery known as the Dallas Cowboys.

Here's a little tidbit that will show you just what kind of an owner Jerry is; from 2014 thru 2017 the Cowboys nearly doubled the number of player suspension games lost as the next closest team, 107 to 55. That averages to nearly 2 players unavailable to play due to suspensions in every game. Historically under Jerry Jones the Cowboys lead all of the NFL in games lost to player suspensions by a wide margin. Think Jerry might have an issue recognizing character flaws? A lack of discipline within the organization? Ya think? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Jimbo, I gotta say no. In fact, I think it should be a perquisite that a team has to be at least .500 to even qualify for the playoffs, let alone host a game. Take this year for example....hypothetically both the Cowboys or Eagles finish 7-9 (or worse), then a team like the Rams finishes 9-7 or 10-6 then they would take the NFC East’s spot

I agree, but would go even a step farther ... I would make it so that you HAD to have a winning record to make the playoffs ... 8-8 isn't good enough.

Fwiw, I say the same about making a Bowl game in College ...

The Cowboys with their hotshot q-back Dak Prescott got beat by Mitch Trubisky and Jerry's upset. Oh boo-hoo. The Cowboys have been the perennial losers of the NFL for 23 years, all of them under the full control of Jerry Jones. Hmmm, sensing a common thread there? Every year they get the spotlight; every year we hear how loaded with talent they are; and every year they fall short and Jerry says he doesn't understand why such a talented (?) team can't win. Well, A: they're not as talented as he thinks they are and B: his meddling undermines every coach he's ever had which is why they all leave except the "Yes" man puppet currently holding the job. There are two things very clear, Jerry hasn't a clue how to build a team, only a stadium, and he will never hire a coach that knows more about football than he does, hence the long drawn out misery known as the Dallas Cowboys.

Here's a little tidbit that will show you just what kind of an owner Jerry is; from 2014 thru 2017 the Cowboys nearly doubled the number of player suspension games lost as the next closest team, 107 to 55. That averages to nearly 2 players unavailable to play due to suspensions in every game. Historically under Jerry Jones the Cowboys lead all of the NFL in games lost to player suspensions by a wide margin. Think Jerry might have an issue recognizing character flaws? A lack of discipline within the organization? Ya think? :rolleyes:
While I enjoy the current state of the Cowboys ...
Jerry should have nothing to do with the make up of the team, thats what he hires a GM and to some degree a coach for.

The issue with Jerry is, he won't let the ones he's had, do thier job the way they see fit ...

I think Jerry needs a RAISE !!!!

Reactions: dfergie
Jerry should have nothing to do with the make up of the team, thats what he hires a GM and to some degree a coach for.

The issue with Jerry is, he won't let the ones he's had, do thier job the way they see fit ...

Remember, Jerry is not the only Owner that is that way ...
Look at the wreck that the Redskins are in the non player side of things.
The Lions are not much better, they REALLY need to find a new Owner.
And theres others.

Jerry is the GM so it is basically all on him. If, after 23 years, he can't see that for himself every time he looks in the mirror then there is no hope until he's gone, sad to say. He has way too much ego to admit he doesn't know what he's doing and hire a real GM. Don't get me wrong, I relish the Cowboys mess, I just wish the media would back away and stop lauding the team and organization every off/pre-season and then sound bewildered when it all falls apart again. It's a mediocre organization with a mediocre team, nothing more.

Jerry is the GM so it is basically all on him. If, after 23 years, he can't see that for himself every time he looks in the mirror then there is no hope until he's gone, sad to say. He has way too much ego to admit he doesn't know what he's doing and hire a real GM. Don't get me wrong, I relish the Cowboys mess, I just wish the media would back away and stop lauding the team and organization every off/pre-season and then sound bewildered when it all falls apart again. It's a mediocre organization with a mediocre team, nothing more.
BUT, but they ARE still americas Team .....
Self proclaimed that is ...
Laughing stock of the league.

I agree, but would go even a step farther ... I would make it so that you HAD to have a winning record to make the playoffs ... 8-8 isn't good enough.

Fwiw, I say the same about making a Bowl game in College ...

After last night, it’s looking more and more possible that 7-9 will win that division. What’s crazy is the Cowboys are now 6-7, host the Rams next week and that game is for all intents and purposes meaningless for the Cowboys. As long as Dallas defeats the Eagles in week 16 and the Redskins in week 17, they will be the division champs.

After last night, it’s looking more and more possible that 7-9 will win that division. What’s crazy is the Cowboys are now 6-7, host the Rams next week and that game is for all intents and purposes meaningless for the Cowboys. As long as Dallas defeats the Eagles in week 16 and the Redskins in week 17, they will be the division champs.

Look out for week 17.

Remember, Jerry is not the only Owner that is that way ...
Look at the wreck that the Redskins are in the non player side of things.
The Lions are not much better, they REALLY need to find a new Owner.
And theres others.
Yes, Daniel Snyder needs to sell the team. I wish the Cooke family had kept the team. They have gotten so many free agents that have bombed over the years it isn't funny.

I always point to the last 4 weeks of the NFL season as make or break time. And here we are....

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
Pushing division games to the end of the season is one of the better adjustments the NFL has made in a generation.

Unrelated to the above, re: playoffs.

Division winners deserve a spot regardless of record but re-seed to start the playoffs, no automatic home game.

Also, add one more team per conference, reward only the 1st seed with a bye.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillD1984 and Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)