NFL 2020

In Other NFL News ....

The Washington Football Team have benched QB Duane Haskins after 3 games ....

Rivera and his staff had the kid for all of six weeks this summer, watched him throw 146 passes in their system, and they've seen enough. Apparently, the 489 attempts they saw out of Allen last year weren't enough. Which brings me to a little exercise. Try to name the following quarterbacks through their first 13 NFL games:

Player A) 193/283 (48.4%), 1,801 yards, 8 TD/15 INT, 59.6 rating

Player B) 208/349 (59.6%), 2,304 yards, 11 TD/10 INT, 77.8 rating

Player C) 269/476 (56.6%), 2,869 yards, 21 TD /25 INT, 68.0 rating

Please pick who you would think is showing better ....
I'd have gone with C, simply based on the ridiculous number of throws.

They certainly do seem to throw young QBs to the dogs earlier and earlier. Oddly enough Manziel kept getting chances.

I'd have gone with C, simply based on the ridiculous number of throws.

They certainly do seem to throw young QBs to the dogs earlier and earlier. Oddly enough Manziel kept getting chances.
When I first looked at it, I went with #2, because the completion % was better and the TD's were good, Interceptions a bit high, but so were the rest ...
Btw, #2 was Haskins ....

Remember, the other 2 are both HOF'ers.

They did a comparison of Kyle Allen, Haskins and Jones from the Giants earlier and Haskins numbers were better than Jones, but Jones QB job appears to be safe. While the Giants are currently 0-4.

When I first looked at it, I went with #2, because the completion % was better and the TD's were good, Interceptions a bit high, but so were the rest ...
The difference is that C's numbers imply no running game, so there is a ton of passing... and clearly the coaching staff is behind the QB. Reminded me of Drew Bledsoe, who threw a lot his first year! I just checked his stats and numbers compare with the others. 15 TD / 15 INTs. 50% passing percentage (214 of 429). Played 13 games that season.

Like I said, there is absolutely no patience among fans these days, they are worse than coaches.

The difference is that C's numbers imply no running game, so there is a ton of passing... and clearly the coaching staff is behind the QB. Reminded me of Drew Bledsoe, who threw a lot his first year! I just checked his stats and numbers compare with the others. 15 TD / 15 INTs. 50% passing percentage (214 of 429). Played 13 games that season.

Like I said, there is absolutely no patience among fans these days, they are worse than coaches.
Incase you didn't see in the article, the answer to who is who is ...

Answers: Player A is John Elway; Player B is Haskins; Player C is Peyton Manning.

I'd like to see what the numbers are for :

Giants Daniel Jones
WFT Duane Haskins
WFT Kyle Allen

I don't have the info, but wouldn't be surprised if someone already has.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
This sucks ....
I was looking forward to watching the Saints game Monday night .... that game could go till 1 or 1:30 in the morning.

The Broncos-Patriots game will start at 5:00 pm ET on ESPN. The regularly scheduled MNF game will more than likely kickoff at 8:20 or 8:30

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Sounds like time for a two week bye for the NFL. And recognizing that this is only possible in a bubble! But the teams and organizations and ref orgs are so huge! If the entire NFL had to quarantine, that'd be like 1/6 the nation's population.

Hopefully the WFT will TRADE Duane Haskins soon as they really have no use for him any longer ... however, more than likely they will sit him on the Practice squad and his career will rot away in Washington ...

Q. When your designated to the Practice Squad, are you free to any other team that wants you, or are you still tied to said team ?

This article today states that Rivera wants someone that has played for him previously to be his starter .... Allen did last year and Alex Smith played for Norv Turner, whos son Scott is the OC in Washington ...

I think I have lost respect for Ron Rivera (and I really liked him prior to now, thought he could make a difference ) ...
He continued to talk about how good Haskins was looking in the Off Season workouts and the first several games ... Haskins BEST game was his last game a loss to the Ravens ( a lot of teams lose to Baltimore ).

It now sounds like this was pre planned ....
Allen will look good, 2 of his first 4 games are against the Giants and a game against the Cowboys, who have also looked bad this year.

Haskin went against the Eagles and won, Lost to the Ravens and the Cardinals and the getting better Browns (can't believe I said that about the Browns, but they have a Very good O Line and Running Back combo)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts