NFL 2020

There seems to be some confusion about local broadcasts. This is nothing new, it's been going on since Pike's Peak was a pimple. Every Monday night ESPN game is broadcast in the local market on the ABC affiliate as well as on ESPN. The only difference here is that instead of ESPN carrying the game it's on the NFL Network or Amazon. If a Packers/Bears game is the national game at 4 o'clock and the Rams/Cards game is also at 4 o'clock , for instance, that game is carried locally while the rest of the country gets the national (Packers/Bears) game.

Now if you want to get into how the NFL defines a "local market", good luck. Here's a map of just one days two game market definition. Dallas/Jets was the national game, Denver/Tenn was the "local" game. If you can figure out why northern CA and southern Oregon are local for a Denver/Tenn game more power to ya. How about AZ being blacked out altogether? Huh!?

week-6-cbs-late_aud9xjdjj2np1b221zrragm4b.png

Pats weren't much better .... BB ... (Before Belicheck)
You clearly aren't getting the point here. It would be like you being stuck in Detroit and all you could watch were University of Michigan games..

Local Fox, meaning that it won't be on Nationally ?
Thats interesting, I gotta believe that the Fox contracts require them all to be on National Fox ...

Its close enough, I'll have to look at the Guide for Sat and see what it shows.

Fridays game is on National Fox, as mentioned above.
Sat, Lions game is Not on NBC Nationally or the local NBC (I typically get the Lions local games here) It does show up on NFL Net.
Late game is also on NFL Net only, here.

I'm baffled by the NFL's thinking of putting there prime Sat games on local only ....
Stupidity at its finest ... whats the point in putting them on a Sat if only a third of the people that would normally view it are able to see it.

I hope they use this stupidity when the Sat Playoff games come around.
They did the same thing earlier with the Pittsburgh Steelers and I think it was the Ravens on 12/2 which was an afternoon game and my FOX station didn't broadcast it. From what I heard just the people in the Midwest etc. were the only one's to watch it.

They did the same thing earlier with the Pittsburgh Steelers and I think it was the Ravens on 12/2 which was an afternoon game and my FOX station didn't broadcast it. From what I heard just the people in the Midwest etc. were the only one's to watch it.
YA, I got that game on my local Fox, but I was slightly inside the coverage area, surprisingly.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Football Team just cut Haskins.
I saw that as well.
Heres hoping he catches on with someone that actually WANTS him vs someone that didn't care from day 1.
Gruden didn't draft him, Snyder did, so Gruden never gave him the same coaching that one of his guys got .... it wasn't till Gruden was almost gone that Haskins got on the field.

Then, they bring in Rivera, good guy, but Haskins still wasn't his guy ... he was last regime ... Rivera IMMEDIATLY brought in his back up from Carolina. Haskins again got pushed aside ... lack of training camp and other off season stuff didn't help.

I hope he goes to a Good team that needs someone in a year or two and Haskins has a chance to learn from the hopeful Vet, and then step in and do much better in a stable enviroment.
That said, Alex Smith was a great help to him ... I'm thinking that Smith would make a very good coach when his playing days are officially over.

I saw that as well.
Heres hoping he catches on with someone that actually WANTS him vs someone that didn't care from day 1.
Gruden didn't draft him, Snyder did, so Gruden never gave him the same coaching that one of his guys got .... it wasn't till Gruden was almost gone that Haskins got on the field.

Then, they bring in Rivera, good guy, but Haskins still wasn't his guy ... he was last regime ... Rivera IMMEDIATLY brought in his back up from Carolina. Haskins again got pushed aside ... lack of training camp and other off season stuff didn't help.

I hope he goes to a Good team that needs someone in a year or two and Haskins has a chance to learn from the hopeful Vet, and then step in and do much better in a stable enviroment.
That said, Alex Smith was a great help to him ... I'm thinking that Smith would make a very good coach when his playing days are officially over.
Haskins didn't help himself any. Breaking COVID protocol twice.

Patriots chances for the playoffs near zero now. Need something cataclysmic to happen, but that'd likely result in the deaths of tens of millions of people across the AFC territories... and I'm just not comfortable hoping for that so the Patriots can make the playoffs. Super Bowl.... maybe...

Patriots chances for the playoffs near zero now. Need something cataclysmic to happen, but that'd likely result in the deaths of tens of millions of people across the AFC territories... and I'm just not comfortable hoping for that so the Patriots can make the playoffs. Super Bowl.... maybe...
I saw this asked elsewhere ...

If Tom Brady was still in NE, would they have made the playoffs ?

Possibly, but they wouldn’t have gone anywhere in it, without aforementioned cataclysm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)