NFL 2020

So to make it even both the Chargers Chiefs AFC game and the Rams Cardinals NFC game switched networks. That does not make sense to me.

So to make it even both the Chargers Chiefs AFC game and the Rams Cardinals NFC game switched networks. That does not make sense to me.

The networks get dibs on games they want. They get so many a year. Add in NBC stealing games during the season.

Wild Card schedule

Saturday 1-9-21

Indianapolis at Buffalo-1:00ET (CBS)
LA Rams at Seattle-4:40ET (FOX)
Tampa Bay at Washington-8:15ET (NBC)

Sunday 1-10-21

Baltimore at Tennessee-1:00ET (ABC/ESPN)
Chicago at New Orleans-4:40ET (CBS)
Cleveland at Pittsburgh- 8:15ET (NBC)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The Eagles should be thrown out of the league.
Maybe not the team but certainly the coach. As a player, would you want to play for a coach who takes away your best chance to win? That takes away your chance to go out on a high note? I've been on the fence about Dougie but after that debacle last night I think he needs to go.

I just watched the Rams Cardinals game on CBS. Why did they have the rights to an NFC game if they are the AFC right holders? What am I missing?
In the 2014 NFL season, a related policy known as "cross-flexing" became available, where games can now be swapped between CBS and Fox, regardless of conference, in order to improve balance between the two networks, and expand the distribution of noteworthy games.

National Football League on television - Wikipedia

Wild Card schedule

Saturday 1-9-21

Indianapolis at Buffalo-1:00ET (CBS)
LA Rams at Seattle-4:40ET (FOX)
Tampa Bay at Washington-8:15ET (NBC)

Sunday 1-10-21

Baltimore at Tennessee-1:00ET (ABC/ESPN)
Chicago at New Orleans-4:40ET (CBS)
Cleveland at Pittsburgh- 8:15ET (NBC)

The reason why CBS is doing the Bears-Saints game is because when the NFL added two playoff teams (one from each conference)for this season, CBS and NBC each bid to get one additional Wildcard game. As part of the deal, CBS was guaranteed the Sunday late afternoon window game and NBC the Sunday prime time game. This was a two year deal and is separate from the existing playoff broadcasting contract. Incidentally, this will be the first NFC postseason game that CBS will broadcast since the 1993 NFC Championship Game (49ers-Cowboys).

Reactions: Don in CT
The Jaguars have fired Doug Marrone and the Chargers have fired Anthony Lynn. Just 3 years ago these two coaches were up and coming, and their teams were trendy Super Bowl picks. In fact, the Jags were ahead of the Patriots by 10 points in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG in Foxboro. Just goes to show what a “what have you done for me lately?” business it is.

Reactions: madmadworld
The reason why CBS is doing the Bears-Saints game is because when the NFL added two playoff teams (one from each conference)for this season, CBS and NBC each bid to get one additional Wildcard game. As part of the deal, CBS was guaranteed the Sunday late afternoon window game and NBC the Sunday prime time game. This was a two year deal and is separate from the existing playoff broadcasting contract. Incidentally, this will be the first NFC postseason game that CBS will broadcast since the 1993 NFC Championship Game (49ers-Cowboys).

Oh gosh... that was back when the world stood still for a day with Fox getting the NFC rights.

So Kansas City v... who knows out of the NFC. Buffalo is good, but I get a Patriots vibe with KC and that they aren't being respected enough, especially for a 14-2 team.

Reactions: BillD1984
Oh gosh... that was back when the world stood still for a day with Fox getting the NFC rights.

So Kansas City v... who knows out of the NFC. Buffalo is good, but I get a Patriots vibe with KC and that they aren't being respected enough, especially for a 14-2 team.

I think Buffalo or Baltimore come out of the AFC. They’re currently the hottest teams. I get that’s not the end all be all (look no further than the 2018 Patriots), but I think both of those teams can hang with Mahomes in a potential shootout. And home field means next to nothing this season.

I think Buffalo or Baltimore come out of the AFC. They’re currently the hottest teams. I get that’s not the end all be all (look no further than the 2018 Patriots), but I think both of those teams can hang with Mahomes in a potential shootout. And home field means next to nothing this season.

The crowd, no. But the weather still matters. Which is kind of odd for a Tampa Bay, with bad weather tested Brady... and the rest of the team. So going through Green Bay will likely matter. The AFC not as big a deal as KC is home and everyone else knows Winter is Coming.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I think CBS died for a while back then.

Most definitely. Remember when they obtained the national MLB rights prior to the 1990 season (when those rights actually meant something)? They had the World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Finals, Final Four, The Masters, PGA Championship and the US Tennis Open. They marketed it “The Championship Season”, and CBS was on top of the world. Shortly after that they lost the NBA rights and the money they put out for MLB proved to be a bust. Then fledgling network FOX swoops in and pays a king’s ransom for the NFC rights. It wasn’t until CBS outbid incumbent NBC for the AFC rights 5 years later, that CBS recovered.

View attachment 149609
The Jaguars have fired Doug Marrone and the Chargers have fired Anthony Lynn. Just 3 years ago these two coaches were up and coming
Kinda a raw deal for both guys. Marrone got more early out of little that was there. if Lynn had won 3-5 of those close games this year it would be fools gold. both of those jobs are better than they were 3 years ago now. because of them. both should have their QB's of the future that's half the battle in the NFL.

Reactions: Jimbo and BillD1984
Most definitely. Remember when they obtained the national MLB rights prior to the 1990 season (when those rights actually meant something)? They had the World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Finals, Final Four, The Masters, PGA Championship and the US Tennis Open. They marketed it “The Championship Season”, and CBS was on top of the world. Shortly after that they lost the NBA rights and the money they put out for MLB proved to be a bust. Then fledgling network FOX swoops in and pays a king’s ransom for the NFC rights. It wasn’t until CBS outbid incumbent NBC for the AFC rights 5 years later, that CBS recovered.

When the deal happened I think CBS was shell shocked. They never expected to be outbid badly by Fox.

Reactions: BillD1984
The Jaguars have fired Doug Marrone and the Chargers have fired Anthony Lynn. Just 3 years ago these two coaches were up and coming, and their teams were trendy Super Bowl picks. In fact, the Jags were ahead of the Patriots by 10 points in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG in Foxboro. Just goes to show what a “what have you done for me lately?” business it is.

Without digging into each team, I would say of those teams, the beat opportunity for success would be San Diego, as they have thier stud QB already ...
Then Jacksonville does have the 1st pick, but you'll more than likely have a inexperienced QB if you start either Lawrence or Fields.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts