NFL 2020

Last Week: 5-1 (wrong about LAR-SEA game)

Packers 26, Rams 9- don’t know if the Rams have enough firepower to hang with Rodgers and company

Bills 34, Ravens 30- toughest game to handicap, IMO

Chiefs 31, Browns 13- I think the Browns just played their Super Bowl (they are going in the right direction-good for them!!). Can’t see them hanging with the Champs in this spot

Buccaneers 37, Saints 31- as they say, “Third time’s a charm”

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Actually, I think the Browns are about to plateau, and there is nothing wrong with plateauing at 10-6 to 12-4. They have improved significantly and are winners again (at least this season), but Mayfield isn't a Super Bowl QB. They do have one of the best running backs in the NFL, but that only goes so far. Seattle after all didn't win lots of Super Bowls because of their running back.

The Browns have finally come out of the sewer in the past couple of years (last year their schedule was unforgivably tough). So there are cheers there. But they'll need to overcome a lack of depth, coaching that is over its head (for Super Bowl level play), and a QB who is good enough to start and get into the playoffs, but not getting to the Super Bowl by a long shot. Only two teams do make it to the Super Bowl... and despite the Patriots showing otherwise, getting there is extraordinarily hard... as their opponents in the Super Bowls have proven.

So I'm content with what there is, not what won't be. The Browns can feel free to prove me wrong at any time. ;)

Kansas City seems the only sure thing this weekend. Ravens v BIlls? Oi! Maybe I'm losing my nerve, or I just understand better that the playoffs are one-off games, where it is system verse system, not the teams from 2020 playing. Somewhat like a one game playoff in Baseball.

I suspect the Pacific Northwest is beyond shocked, more like stupefied to have lost to the Rams at home. Seeding aside, the 1st round should never be between two teams from the same division. That seems inherently unfair to me.
I agree ... the Steelers typically end up playing the Ravens in the 1st round when they both make the playoffs ... it seems like poor design, to make teams play a third time in one season, unless they were to meet later in the playoffs ... its automatically eliminating someone from your division.
Seeing 3 teams made the playoffs from the AFC North,, that couldn't happen to everyone in the division this year ... Baltimore played Ternnessee.

Last Week: 5-1 (wrong about LAR-SEA game)

Packers 26, Rams 9- don’t know if the Rams have enough firepower to hang with Rodgers and company

Bills 34, Ravens 30- toughest game to handicap, IMO

Chiefs 31, Browns 13- I think the Browns just played their Super Bowl (they are going in the right direction-good for them!!). Can’t see them hanging with the Champs in this spot

Buccaneers 37, Saints 31- as they say, “Third time’s a charm”

Rams Defense surprised me last week, lets see if they can get enough offense this week to do it again.
Bills / Ravens could go either way
I think your right on with the KC /Cleveland game.
I hope the Saints win ... seems every year they get screwed in the playoffs, It would be nice to see them play without ref interference.

Actually, I think the Browns are about to plateau, and there is nothing wrong with plateauing at 10-6 to 12-4. They have improved significantly and are winners again (at least this season), but Mayfield isn't a Super Bowl QB. They do have one of the best running backs in the NFL, but that only goes so far. Seattle after all didn't win lots of Super Bowls because of their running back.

The Browns have finally come out of the sewer in the past couple of years (last year their schedule was unforgivably tough). So there are cheers there. But they'll need to overcome a lack of depth, coaching that is over its head (for Super Bowl level play), and a QB who is good enough to start and get into the playoffs, but not getting to the Super Bowl by a long shot. Only two teams do make it to the Super Bowl... and despite the Patriots showing otherwise, getting there is extraordinarily hard... as their opponents in the Super Bowls have proven.

So I'm content with what there is, not what won't be. The Browns can feel free to prove me wrong at any time. ;)

Kansas City seems the only sure thing this weekend. Ravens v BIlls? Oi! Maybe I'm losing my nerve, or I just understand better that the playoffs are one-off games, where it is system verse system, not the teams from 2020 playing. Somewhat like a one game playoff in Baseball.
As for the Browns, it will be interesting to see what they do when Chubb and Hunt's contracts come up ... thier O Line also is very good.
I don't know if thier Defense is capable of getting them much farther.

What do you guys think ....
Would New England go after a clearly not happy DeShaun Watson from Houston ?

I'd LOVE to see the Steelers STEP UP and trade for him. (I know thats not happening in Pittsburgh)

I'd LOVE to see the Steelers STEP UP and trade for him. (I know thats not happening in Pittsburgh)

I would LOVE for the Pats to get Watson!!!!

I would LOVE for the Pats to get Watson!!!!

Do they still have enough around him on the team ?
I would love the Steelers to go after him, but every year they are in CAP Hell ....
Don't know how they can ALWAYS be in the same position if other teams can figure it out.

NE may very well go get Juju Smith Schuster,, the Steelers will probably be letting him go as they can't afford him ... he'll want good money ...
They have some on Defense that will be available, very good players as well.
Depending on how they go in the off season.
If Ben retires (which I don't see happening) that would free up a lot of money for others.
But they better have a Watson or someone else ready to go ... the people on the team now are NOT the answer.

New England is where they deserve to be. remember unlike the talking heads, why Tom left, they would not sign him for 2 years. that simple.

Watson is good not great he needs lots of help. if NE can get that help.
who can blame him for wanting out of Houston ?

New England is where they deserve to be. remember unlike the talking heads, why Tom left, they would not sign him for 2 years. that simple.

Watson is good not great he needs lots of help. if NE can get that help.
who can blame him for wanting out of Houston ?
Watson on a better team could BE Great, at least I think so.

Better yet, maybe the Saints pick him up, Brees could retire and the Saints would continue to be Playoff bound every year.

I think thats an actually better club for him to go too.

Watson doesn't fit Belichick's style of offense so I don't see that happening but who knows. If I were Watson I wouldn't want to go to NE; weak O-line, slowing RB, no #1 receiver (or #2 either), no TOL tight end. Not a good situation. If he's going to force a trade it's going to be where he can see a quicker return, perhaps the Raiders if Gruden decides to move on from Carr, or Washington if they decide Smith is too old and injury prone. Personally I'm liking Washington. If they get Watson they rule the NFC East; Giants no QB, Cowboys are the Cowboys, Eagles totally dysfunctional.

Watson doesn't fit Belichick's style of offense so I don't see that happening but who knows. If I were Watson I wouldn't want to go to NE; weak O-line, slowing RB, no #1 receiver (or #2 either), no TOL tight end. Not a good situation. If he's going to force a trade it's going to be where he can see a quicker return, perhaps the Raiders if Gruden decides to move on from Carr, or Washington if they decide Smith is too old and injury prone. Personally I'm liking Washington. If they get Watson they rule the NFC East; Giants no QB, Cowboys are the Cowboys, Eagles totally dysfunctional.
Thats why I asked if NE had enough to go along with him, at this point ... I wasn't sure.

I like your thinking of Washington though, they really need an established QB at this point and I think Smith May or May Not be back.
I like what he did for them, but you has to hope that he doesn't go down on a sack and end his career ...
If he wants to continue to play after this year, I think it might be elsewhere ... that said, I think he would be an Excellent QB Coach or OC in the future.
Provided he wants to stay in the game.

Urban Meyer reportedly close to signing a deal to become the Jaguars next HC.
I really think he should have stayed in the studio, or even going on site for pregame shows for Fox, much like ESPN does.

Sadly, he will find out (I'm sure he knows) how different the NFL is compared to College.
He can't pick his players up there, up there he's given players to work with .... players are there for the money.
Also the STRESS level will go up considerably ...

Shelley's probably pulling her hair out, but I'm sure she has Ok'd it or it wouldn't have happened.

Watson Personally I'm liking Washington. If they get Watson they rule the NFC East; Giants no QB, Cowboys are the Cowboys, Eagles totally dysfunctional.
I like your thinking of Washington though,
What you guys don't like Watson ?....cough ...Daniel Snyder

Fact is that Whole division is dysfunctional. in one way or the other. if I had the choice it would be the Eagles. they are the least mind screwed over the last decade. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts