NFL 2020

When I think of the Senior bowl I think old people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was shocked when I saw that the Rams were giving up 2 first round picks in future years And a 3rd ....
Thinking that was quite a bit and they were getting Goff as well ...

Once I've looked into it a bit more, the extra 1st (maybe both) was because of the Lions took Goffs MASSIVE contract off thier hands ...
They now owe him something like 43 M over the next 2 years.

WTF were the Rams thinking??!! You could argue that Goff is better than Stafford (or at the very least his equal). And even if you think Stafford is better than Goff, it’s certainly not anywhere near the difference of two 1sts and a third. Word is the Rams had to sweeten the pot for the Lions to take on Goff’s salary. Either way, this is an “all your chips to the middle of the table” move by the Rams. If they don’t win a Super Bowl within the next few years, this is the kind of trade that gets people fired. Conversely, the Lions acquired an NFL caliber QB (albeit a very expensive one) and more importantly acquired a ton of draft equity. This trade has Herschel Walker written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

WTF were the Rams thinking??!! You could argue that Goff is better than Stafford (or at the very least his equal). And even if you think Stafford is better than Goff, it’s certainly not anywhere near the difference of two 1sts and a third. Word is the Rams had to sweeten the pot for the Lions to take on Goff’s salary. Either way, this is an “all your chips to the middle of the table” move by the Rams. If they don’t win a Super Bowl within the next few years, this is the kind of trade that gets people fired. Conversely, the Lions acquired an NFL caliber QB (albeit a very expensive one) and more importantly acquired a ton of draft equity. This trade has Herschel Walker written all over it.

Do the Lions have the coaching staff to make it work? Have my doubts that the Lions won't screw this up like they do everything else.

I don't see it quite as rosy as you ...
Stafford and Goff are pretty close .. Had Stafford and Goff swapt positions when the Rams were SB bound, they would still be a SB contender now.

These contract are just ridiculous ...

Big Ben has a Huge Cap hit coming as well.
These really screw up teams ...

Steelers have been in Cap Hell ever since they started using the Cap ... You'd think they would figure it out by now ... thats one reason why you never see then go get any Big time FA or make trades.

Watson in Pittsburgh would be awesome, but they could never do it because they are too cheap.

I feel at this point we have a large enough sample size on both to know what they’re all about. The Rams will be a contender next season because of their defense. They may even make a Super Bowl run. Problem is, I would be saying the same thing if Goff was still their QB, AND they’d still have those two first round picks and one third round pick in their back pocket. BTW, this is the second time that the Rams have traded a QB that they drafted #1 overall for another QB. In 2015 they traded Sam Bradford to the Eagles for Nick Foles.

I don't see it quite as rosy as you ...
Stafford and Goff are pretty close .. Had Stafford and Goff swapt positions when the Rams were SB bound, they would still be a SB contender now.

These contract are just ridiculous ...

Big Ben has a Huge Cap hit coming as well.
These really screw up teams ...

Steelers have been in Cap Hell ever since they started using the Cap ... You'd think they would figure it out by now ... thats one reason why you never see then go get any Big time FA or make trades.

Watson in Pittsburgh would be awesome, but they could never do it because they are too cheap.

But even if Goff’s contract proves to be an albatross, at least the Lions have a plan for the future (insert “rebuilding since 1957” joke here ) with all those draft picks (and I say “all” because with two #1’s there’s a lot of flexibility for “flipping” draft equity). The Rams plan is more of an “all our eggs in one basket”. That’s a very scary plan in the NFL- especially with a QB that’s never won a playoff game.

But even if Goff’s contract proves to be an albatross, at least the Lions have a plan for the future (insert “rebuilding since 1957” joke here ) with all those draft picks (and I say “all” because with two #1’s there’s a lot of flexibility for “flipping” draft equity). The Rams plan is more of an “all our eggs in one basket”. That’s a very scary plan in the NFL- especially with a QB that’s never won a playoff game.

I agree.

Reactions: BillD1984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts