NFL 2020

True. ESPN can’t be too happy with this development. Then again, this one could be ova before the 8:50ET MNF kickoff.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
Wait... show I like that post with a smiling face or a sad face? I don't know yet, though I have suspicion. Granted, with no crowd noise, it is easier for Belichick's spy sats to pick up the audio of the opponent. :D

And in other news, Pats v Chiefs delayed 24 hours because that is all the time that is needed to ensure Covid-19 infections haven't sped further in the squads. ???

THIS!!!!! 1,000X this!!!! I mean seriously, we have been told ad nauseum about the incubation window for this disease. How are the Chiefs or the players families even close to being okay with this?? I am SHOCKED that they are playing this game tonight. From a football standpoint I didn’t like the Pats chances WITH Cam in the lineup, but without him they have no chance to match points with Mahomes and his arsenal of weapons. But that has nothing to do with my shock that they’re playing this game tonight. It contradicts everything we’ve been told.
I'm more Pissed that the Steelers got totally screwed by this ... lost an Important BYE week .... doesn't seem to bother the Titans at all, they will play thier next game like nothing ever happened.

Yet, then the Pats have this happen the rules are DIFFERENT, they wait a day and play the game ...
WTH is that ?

Wait... show I like that post with a smiling face or a sad face? I don't know yet, though I have suspicion. Granted, with no crowd noise, it is easier for Belichick's spy sats to pick up the audio of the opponent. :D
Oh, they will pump in crowd noise ...
I REALLY wish they would NOT do that.

I'm more Pissed that the Steelers got totally screwed by this ... lost an Important BYE week .... doesn't seem to bother the Titans at all, they will play thier next game like nothing ever happened.

Yet, then the Pats have this happen the rules are DIFFERENT, they wait a day and play the game ...
WTH is that ?

I’m confused by this. Are you saying the Patriots caught a break by playing the next night?? They were up early for testing and then they took two planes late this morning-one from Boston and one from Providence. One of the planes had the 20 people that had the closest contact with Cam Newton, and the other plane the rest of the players/staff. They have to play at 7:00 tonight after having their entire schedule screwed up. And they’re playing the best team in the NFL without their starting QB. Doesn’t exactly sound like the most optimal situation to me. Besides I could care less about the advantages/disadvantages that could happen because of this. I’m more concerned (as the NFL should be) about a super spreader event happening tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Yespage
Exactly. Honestly, this season is just gravy (well, easy to say with 6 Super Bowls), but the point is, just having the games is nice, but if something like this pops up, any actions taken to remediate the threat to a major spread of the disease takes precedence and if it "hurts" the Pats, I just don't care. It is about what is right!

I suppose it might be possible to consider if they test negative they likely aren't contagious, but it seems the NFL cares more about getting the game played.

Two other points about this......

1. The NFL fined 3 head coaches $100,000 each and their respective teams $$250,000 each for “violating” the NFL mask policy, but it’s okay to put the Chiefs team (and by extension their families) in jeopardy of getting COVID because they didn’t wait to play this game until the incubation window deemed it safe to do so. Typical hypocrisy from the NFL hierarchy.

2. You can’t convince me that if, say a Jacksonville-Miami game was postponed to prime time on Monday night -when CBS is in the middle of showing first run episodes- that they would show this game NATIONALLY. Again, hypocrisy

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Angry
Reactions: Yespage
I vote for the NFL to move to make MNF games start at 7 pm or even 7:30 ...
Much better than 8:25 or wherever they start them now .

They use to have an 8 pm game and it started at 8:05 ... now the 8 pm game starts at 8:25 or 8:35.

Reactions: ejb1980
Hoyer did well and then made mistakes. Pats did pretty well in a game they were supposed to be blown out. That Mahones dive for 15 yds and the blown INt/fumble didn’t help. But when you sitting on six Super Bowls, things are like water, duck wise.
I vote for the NFL to move to make MNF games start at 7 pm or even 7:30 ...
Much better than 8:25 or wherever they start them now .

They use to have an 8 pm game and it started at 8:05 ... now the 8 pm game starts at 8:25 or 8:35.

West coast is the reason for the time. Darn Quakers.... ummm... Quake’ers.

Hoyer did well and then made mistakes. Pats did pretty well in a game they were supposed to be blown out. That Mahones dive for 15 yds and the blown INt/fumble didn’t help. But when you sitting on six Super Bowls, things are like water, duck wise.

West coast is the reason for the time. Darn Quakers.... ummm... Quake’ers.
They could at least start games at 8:05 instead of 8:40 like they use too .

Get rid of the un needed Concert before games, or have it end BEFORE the 8 pm start time ...
Theres No One in the Stands this year anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)