NFL 2020

MnXQ.gif

Till they lose next week to Seattle ... and the week after to Arizona.

Washington plays Pittsburgh next, thats a loss, but they play the 49'ers after that, if tey win there, THEY are back in 1st place ...

I'm just presuming that the Cowboys will screw up on thier own, they've had no consistency to thier year either.
One down, it's on to Arizona!

Meanwhile, how do you win a football game 45-0 with a QB that has 69 yards passing! I remember the Ravens winning with DIlfer or the Broncos with a Manning that had no neck left, but that is ridiculous!

Total Yard 291 to 258. Final score 45 - 0. There has to be a record stuffed in there somewhere.

Meanwhile, how do you win a football game 45-0 with a QB that has 69 yards passing! I remember the Ravens winning with DIlfer or the Broncos with a Manning that had no neck left, but that is ridiculous!

Total Yard 291 to 258. Final score 45 - 0. There has to be a record stuffed in there somewhere.
Both had Running Games back then ...
Ray Rice for Baltimore (I'm thinking thats the right time frame)
Terrele Davis for the Broncos ...

Oh wait, you said thats Total yards, I thought that was Passing yards ....
Thats a rally good question.

Jalen Hurts about 2 weeks late getting his chance imo
would've been nice to give him 6 games or more. when they were 1-4-1 would been the right time.

Carson Wentz contract is not as bad as some talking heads have been saying. only next year is guaranteed. the birds could find a buyer making it even better for them.

Carson Wentz contract is not as bad as some talking heads have been saying. only next year is guaranteed. the birds could find a buyer making it even better for them.
The cap hit is the problem, especially with the cap projected to drop to around 176 million next year due to Covid. Next years cap hit for Wentz is 59 million in addition to the projected decrease of 22 million makes his salary hit the equivalent of 81 million. That means whoever would trade for him would have 81 million less to spend on the rest of the team than they did this season. Nobody is going to trade for that. The best they could hope for is a half and half trade where the Eagles eat half his salary and the new team absorbs the other half but,,,, the Eagle are already projected to be 70 million over cap for next season. However this boils out, the Eagles will be a very different team next year. A lot of dead weight will be gone, like Alshon for instance. It's a furshluginer mess and one that should get Howie Roseman fired.

My personal opinion is unless Wentz demands a trade, and is willing to renegotiate to get it done, he'll be with the Eagles next year. I think Dougie has worn out his welcome in Philly and likely is gone which would make it foolish to get rid of Wentz before the new regime takes over which is another reason to stop Howie in his tracks before he does something else stupid.

Patriots definitely can't afford any more losses at this point. To make the playoffs at this point, they need drastic Covid-19 outbreaks decimating the AFC. Another loss, and you probably need to add asteroid impacts.

Their defense had a bad first quarter, but got better, except the Rams didn't need to score, just kill time off the clock.

The offense, Cam Newton can throw a 30 yard pass sharply, but apparently only once a game. If you are going to pass 100 yards a game, you have to run another 50 or 60, and hand it off to another couple of guys that'll add 100 to 150 yards to that. I'm not one who gives up on talent. The guy has thrown for 30,000 yards, but I don't know if it is the receivers or if he is hurt or lack of confidence or can't read defenses anymore, he isn't throwing at all.

He has thrown over 300 yards twice which is one less time than he has thrown under 100 yards in a game. He has thrown under 200 yards 9 times this season. The worst stat, though, is the 5 TD passes. 13 games and only 5 thrown TDs. Now, Brady wasn't breaking records last year. Their WR core is not what it was. Failures is drafting and an inability to pick up players on waivers with teams triple guessing themselves... could Belichick make this player a Hall of Famer for a few years? But Newton isn't getting a lot done as a QB. The whole point of a running QB is to scare defenses and open things up for a throwing game.

Maybe things get better with him next year, or maybe he is just playing for the season.

Maybe things get better with him next year, or maybe he is just playing for the season.
I think he's one & done. I don't believe his shoulder has ever recovered which is why his passing stats are so bad and he isn't the "Superman" power runner he once was. Did you see the pathetic 4th down effort at the goal line? It looked like he really didn't want to hit anybody. I don't see an upside to keeping him on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)