NFL 2020

Last Week: 5-1 (wrong about LAR-SEA game)

Packers 26, Rams 9- don’t know if the Rams have enough firepower to hang with Rodgers and company

Bills 34, Ravens 30- toughest game to handicap, IMO

Chiefs 31, Browns 13- I think the Browns just played their Super Bowl (they are going in the right direction-good for them!!). Can’t see them hanging with the Champs in this spot

Buccaneers 37, Saints 31- as they say, “Third time’s a charm”

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Definitely off on the scores, but at least I picked the 4 winners correctly.

Reactions: HipKat
Brady in yet another Conference Championship game. His stats weren't the most overwhelming (though if you look back, his stats often haven't been in the playoffs), he didn't commit many errors and Tampa are in the NFC Conference Finals. They faceoff in Green Bay, which will be an issue for a lot of the Tampa players. So Green Bay will be the favorite, but Tom Brady is Tom Brady. And you can never count him out.

Bills and Chiefs, based on this weekend, the Bills are the favorite, but the Playoffs are always a reset week after week and its a system verses system matchup. The good news is that the Chiefs are better on paper, but the bad news is two fold. Mahomes could be problematic with a head injury and foot injury. The worst part, yes, KC and Reid finally broke through last year, but they are still KC and Reid, notable underachievers late in the playoffs. I think the Bills are the favorites. I found it funny that the TV crews forgot that Buffalo played defense when picking the Ravens because of their defense.

Yes, KC had problems when Mahomes left, but Cleveland did make the game close. If not for a(nother) fumble at the goal line, the outcome could have been different. Cleveland had a wonderful season this year. Even going out very respectably in the playoffs.

Next year will be interesting. Everyone makes these unfortunate assumptions that inertia is the rule of law in the NFL for good teams, but it isn't, and the NFL is always adapting, so hopefully the coaching for the Browns can keep up and they can finish 10-6 to 12-4 next season.
Since the regular-season meeting, Bills are 8-1 vs the Spread, Cheifs are 1-8

I'd be concerned with Mahomes concussion. First, does he clear protocol by next Sunday? (Probably) Second, if he clears protocol will he have some lingering effects? (Possibly) Third, if he does play how susceptible to another concussion might he be so soon after this one? (That's the scary one). I really don't think they want to pin their hopes on Chad Henne against the Bills.
Not if the Bills defense plays like they did this week

I don't think he actually had a concussion, but you have to go by the symptoms.

If his teammates didn't pull him up right away he probably returned to that game. The lost of motor control right after its why he didn't imo from what little I've read about it.

He was jogging of the field minutes later.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillD1984
Brady in yet another Conference Championship game. His stats weren't the most overwhelming (though if you look back, his stats often haven't been in the playoffs), he didn't commit many errors and Tampa are in the NFC Conference Finals. They faceoff in Green Bay, which will be an issue for a lot of the Tampa players. So Green Bay will be the favorite, but Tom Brady is Tom Brady. And you can never count him out.

Bills and Chiefs, based on this weekend, the Bills are the favorite, but the Playoffs are always a reset week after week and its a system verses system matchup. The good news is that the Chiefs are better on paper, but the bad news is two fold. Mahomes could be problematic with a head injury and foot injury. The worst part, yes, KC and Reid finally broke through last year, but they are still KC and Reid, notable underachievers late in the playoffs. I think the Bills are the favorites. I found it funny that the TV crews forgot that Buffalo played defense when picking the Ravens because of their defense.

Yes, KC had problems when Mahomes left, but Cleveland did make the game close. If not for a(nother) fumble at the goal line, the outcome could have been different. Cleveland had a wonderful season this year. Even going out very respectably in the playoffs.

Next year will be interesting. Everyone makes these unfortunate assumptions that inertia is the rule of law in the NFL for good teams, but it isn't, and the NFL is always adapting, so hopefully the coaching for the Browns can keep up and they can finish 10-6 to 12-4 next season.
Hey there, don't push it ... 12-4, even 11 wins is Pushing it for the Browns.
Now that they have done it, lets see if they can duplicate it, or will teams take them more seriously next year.
It looks like they have a good Coach and are pointed in the right direction ...

My Steelers are the only ones apparently falling behind in the division .

If his teammates didn't pull him up right away he probably returned to that game. The lost of motor control right after its why he didn't imo from what little I've read about it.

Agreed. This is how I saw it also

If anything, the fact that Mahomes was jogging off the field following the “concussion” was a good sign vis-à-vis his foot

So, how long does the NFL require you to be out if you have a Concussion ?

Big Ten would be 21 days or 3 games, which ever is worse ... :eeek (I know, thats Covid)

Btw, what is the current NFL time period for Covid ?

So, how long does the NFL require you to be out if you have a Concussion ?

Big Ten would be 21 days or 3 games, which ever is worse ... :eeek (I know, thats Covid)

Btw, what is the current NFL time period for Covid ?

The good news is the NFL is definitely taking a stand against helmet to helmet shots. Sure, no penalty or suspension, but the possibility of a fine is definitely going to keep all NFL players from doing this again in a playoff game when all the chips are down.

That guy knew exactly what he was doing. He didn't have his arms out to punch the ball or use his helmet to knock the ball, he targeted the players head. But now that there could be a fine, it'll never happen again. :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure, suddenly the CBA doesn't matter when some fans want their pound of flesh. Nevermind that the players were both diving for the same spot and their shoulders took most of the impact. It was a missed flag, but this wasn't some James Harrison-style hit.

Yeah, sure, suddenly the CBA doesn't matter when some fans want their pound of flesh. Nevermind that the players were both diving for the same spot and their shoulders took most of the impact. It was a missed flag, but this wasn't some James Harrison-style hit.
Yeah, a missed flag -> clearly a helmet to helmet hit. I'm tired of helmet to helmet hits being fait accompli in situations like this.

Or you're just wrong, and he wasn't targeting the players head and instead trying to put his body in a position to force him out of bounds, as demonstrated by his head turning and primarily their shoulder pads colliding. An explainer by a professional about why it was likely not called:

At first, the "helmet to helmet" rule does not apply, because Higgins is not in a defenseless posture.The other rule is "use of the helmet" (or UOH) which requires the defender to lower the helmet to initiate contact. The word "to" is operative. The force of the blow must be delivered by contact lead from the top (crown) of the helmet, and the rule is to avoid the transfer of the blow by compressing the defender's spinal column. So, there must be a distinct lining up with the head and the eyes averted to the ground.​
Sorenson does initiate the attack with his shoulder, and any shoulder-to-shoulder contact is going to involve helmet contact as well. Sorenson does lower and turn his helmet when contact is imminent, which gives the appearance of avoiding contact. There is simultaneous contact with the shoulder and helmet, so the question is how forcible is the head contact? Had the head not turned about a quarter second before contact, and there was a front-on attack that was helmet-to-helmet, there would not be a foul, but a more violent collision.​
The UOH is independent of where the defender's helmet lands, so the fact that the contact is to Higgins' helmet is irrelevant.​
There is a clear consensus from those who worked on the field that this is a UOH foul. There is also a clear consensus that an official watching the sideline and goal line in play cannot also be able to catch the UOH from the defender.​
But the question is, are we allowing the replay to distort the time element? Was the initial or simultaneous contact from the shoulder, thereby reducing the forcible element of the head hit? Is there more contact from the emblem side of the helmet than the top?​
So, we go back to the live play and make those determinations. In my estimation, when viewing the live play, it is not abundantly clear that we had a UOH call; it was only when the pylon camera angle his our screens that we moved off the touchback ruling and then into the UOH. There is no doubt that there was helmet contact in the play, but there are a lot of considerations that do not make it an automatic foul.​
I've long been for extremely harsh punishments for egregious acts (can you believe Myles Garrett is even still in the league?), but this just wasn't one of them.

Reactions: HipKat

I didn't think concusion either.
There was no shock to the skull.

I was thinking neck strain/sprain
From the defenders arm wrapped along neck under the helmet.
Much like a neck crank in MMA.
Forcing the head/chin forward toward the chest, streching and twisting the backside of the neck.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)