NFL 2020

If I recall correctly, Belichick going with Testaverde over Bernie Kosar is what cost Belichick his job in Cleveland. Kosar was a beloved figure in Cleveland and against public outrage, Belichick cut him in favor of Testaverde (the Browns lame duck situation in Cleveland and ultimate move to Baltimore didn’t help matters either). Art Modell ended up firing Belichick before they played one game in Baltimore, but Testaverde ended up flourishing in Baltimore, vindicating Belichick’s decision to cut Kosar.
Good recall. then Bernie went on to get a Ring with Dallas

Reactions: BillD1984
IMG_4432.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'd say this was one the worst Super Bowls in awhile. The commercials were bad, didn't even watch the halftime show because I never heard of the guy and by the time I turned it back they had already played 11 minutes so I watched The Expanse on Amazon Prime.
Tim Robinson No GIF by The Lonely Island

Reactions: mccoyrj
In THIS world rooting for TB12 I totally enjoyed this SB.

The Weekend was Fantastic on a normal Day. but in THIS world of no Live music to go and see it was food for the hungry. I'm starving here

I'd say this was one the worst Super Bowls in awhile. The commercials were bad, didn't even watch the halftime show because I never heard of the guy and by the time I turned it back they had already played 11 minutes so I watched The Expanse on Amazon Prime.
Something lost in the noise is that this was the first Super Bowl Brady played in that wasn't that close. Granted, Kansas City has a Golden State like propensity to score in clumps, but otherwise, Brady had never been in a Super Bowl that was close to settled early in the 4th quarter. The 5 wins in New England were 1 score games, the win against the Rams needed just one breakout play to get it within a field goal. The two losses to NY were late NE TD's followed by go ahead last minute drives for the Giants. And the loss to Philly was a back and forth where in the heck is the defense game, but one score difference final.

Brady actually had an easy time... and once Kansas City decided they wouldn't defend against the run, Brady was probably feeling weird in the fourth quarter.

You can't be throwing god awful penalty calls in the superbowl.
After what happened last year, I'm VERY pleased that the officials didn't swallow their whistles two years in a row. It's BS to me that a play that's a penalty in weeks 1 through 16 suddenly IS NOT a penalty in the final game of the year.

Most-if not all- of these records will never be broken. I could see, say a Patrick Mahomes break the postseason yardage and/or TD record many years down the line. Let’s face it, that kids a stud and he’ll be in the postseason for years. The Super Bowl records are the ones that I doubt more. You wouldn’t know it going by Brady, but it’s hard to get to the Super Bowl year after year. The ONE record that I’m absolutely positive will NEVER be broken (and I’ve been saying this for years now)- the postseason win record. Currently at 34 wins and counting. The next closest is long retired Joe Montana with 16 wins, and the next closest active player is Ben Roethlisberger with 13 wins. It would take another QB with a 15-20 year shelf life AND minimal one and dones in the postseason to overtake Brady. I’ve said it before, that is the “Joe DiMaggio 56” of NFL records (ie it will never be broken).

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I was feeling rather Monday morning-ish after that performance by “The Weeknd”.

Most-if not all- of these records will never be broken. I could see, say a Patrick Mahomes break the postseason yardage and/or TD record many years down the line. Let’s face it, that kids a stud and he’ll be in the postseason for years. The Super Bowl records are the ones that I doubt more. You wouldn’t know it going by Brady, but it’s hard to get to the Super Bowl year after year. The ONE record that I’m absolutely positive will NEVER be broken (and I’ve been saying this for years now)- the postseason win record. Currently at 34 wins and counting. The next closest is long retired Joe Montana with 16 wins, and the next closest active player is Ben Roethlisberger with 13 wins. It would take another QB with a 15-20 year shelf life AND minimal one and dones in the postseason to overtake Brady. I’ve said it before, that is the “Joe DiMaggio 56” of NFL records (ie it will never be broken).

With the loss of a bye to one team, that does add a game for playoff stat padding. But it is simple, to reach 34 wins, that is what 7 years of winning every playoff game or winning two games for 14 years?

Brady isn’t a beast stat wise in the playoffs, but Mahomes would need to throw 350 to 400 yards to break the margin if he doesn’t get enough wins.

I think Brady has almost no records that aren’t etched in stone. Mahomes could approach but he’d have to play until he was 40 or 45! Brady is unique in his quality and longevity.

With the loss of a bye to one team, that does add a game for playoff stat padding. But it is simple, to reach 34 wins, that is what 7 years of winning every playoff game or winning two games for 14 years?

Brady isn’t a beast stat wise in the playoffs, but Mahomes would need to throw 350 to 400 yards to break the margin if he doesn’t get enough wins.

I think Brady has almost no records that aren’t etched in stone. Mahomes could approach but he’d have to play until he was 40 or 45! Brady is unique in his quality and longevity.

That’s a good point about the now added playoff game for the #2 seed, but they would still have to beat (barring upsets in the divisional round) a hypothetically better #1 seed on the road. Could that happen in one season or even two? Absolutely, but it’s not a likely way to pile up playoff wins when you have to win multiple Conference Championship Games on the road. Now, if they go to an expanded playoff format with 8 teams in each conference qualifying for the postseason, that would eliminate byes all together. In that case, some team is going to win 4 postseason games EVERY season. That could obviously inflate win totals quickly. I just think Brady’s lead at this point is too much to overcome. Mahomes is probably gonna win multiple Super Bowls in his career. It’s what he does in the years that he doesn’t win the Super Bowl that will be the key whether he can catch Brady or not. One of my favorite Brady stats is this one: if you take away his 7 Super Bowl RUNS (that’s every postseason game in the years he won the Super Bowl), he still has an above .500 record at 12-11 (he’s 34-11 in the postseason, but for the sake of this discussion we’re taking away the 22 postseason wins he had in his Super Bowl years). Peyton Manning for example was 14-13 lifetime in the postseason. He won 2 Super Bowls in his career, and in those two Super Bowl runs he won a total of 7 postseason games. If you deducted those 7 wins from Manning, that gives him a 7-13 career postseason record in seasons he didn’t win it all. The point of this exercise is to show how important it is to limit the “one and dones” in the postseason. To his credit, Mahomes has done that so far. He now has a career 6-2 record in the postseason. If you deduct his 3 wins from last season’s Super Bowl run, he’s still over .500 at 3-2. The problem is he has to consistently do that for MANY years to even sniff Brady’s total (and that’s not even taken into consideration that Brady is sill actively adding to his total).
IMG_4437.JPG
IMG_4438.JPG
IMG_4439.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)