NFL 2021

Cam Newton signs a $10MIL/1year contract to rejoin the Carolina Panthers. It’s no secret that Cam was not good for the Patriots last year, but he’s a class act and I’m happy for him that he gets to return to the franchise where he became a star. Oh, and he’s LIGHT YEARS better than Sam Darnold.
Is he? His arm appears useless and he isn't much for scrambling.

Is he? His arm appears useless and he isn't much for scrambling.

I think going back to the Panthers will invigorate his career. Will he be former MVP Cam? Of course not. But he still will be an upgrade over Sam Darnold. Hell, Jarrett Stidham would be an upgrade over Darnold.

Good Lord, someone needs to investigate the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets,Jets for extortion. What were they holding over the Panthers heads to get that haul for Sam Darnold??

All that and the Panthers still need to bring Cam Newton back into the fold. Reminds me of a few years ago when the Vikings had Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford and Case Keemun all on their roster, and then they were all gone the following season when they brought in Kirk Cousins.

IMG_7221.JPG

I think going back to the Panthers will invigorate his career. Will he be former MVP Cam? Of course not. But he still will be an upgrade over Sam Darnold. Hell, Jarrett Stidham would be an upgrade over Darnold.
Panthers not willing to go into rebuild mode after Cam. so back to Cam.
they might be going after Trib in the offseason . I think he can be coached up, the Bears are just QB hell.

Reactions: BillD1984
Everyone needs to be vigilant out there. A lot of breaking and entering into vehicles. Take this poor gentleman for example. He left his car locked for 2 hours and came back and found this. He realized that he left 2 tickets to tomorrow’s Lions game on the dashboard. When he looked on the dashboard he found that the perpetrator left 4 more tickets to the Lions game on the dashboard

IMG_7253.JPG

Everyone needs to be vigilant out there. A lot of breaking and entering into vehicles. Take this poor gentleman for example. He left his car locked for 2 hours and came back and found this. He realized that he left 2 tickets to tomorrow’s Lions game on the dashboard. When he looked on the dashboard he found that the perpetrator left 4 more tickets to the Lions game on the dashboard

View attachment 154587
Thats been happening for years, since 1957 ...

My NFL buffet today……

Browns at Patriots- 1:00 ET (CBS)
Vikings at Chargers- 4:05 ET (FOX)
Seahawks at Packers- 4:25 ET (CBS)
Chiefs at Raiders- 8:15 ET NBC)
And Scott Hanson all day long

Looks like Green Bay may be a “weather game” with light snow and wind chill conditions. Mid November is generally the time of year that we start seeing weather games. Love ‘em!!! Adds to the viewing experience

My NFL buffet today……

Browns at Patriots- 1:00 ET (CBS)
Vikings at Chargers- 4:05 ET (FOX)
Seahawks at Packers- 4:25 ET (CBS)
Chiefs at Raiders- 8:15 ET NBC)
And Scott Hanson all day long

Looks like Green Bay may be a “weather game” with light snow and wind chill conditions. Mid November is generally the time of year that we start seeing weather games. Love ‘em!!! Adds to the viewing experience
Today is the 1st day of this Season that we had any amount of Snow !

The Detroit Lions, did NOT Lose today .... didn't WIN either (and they Did Play)
The Lions and the Steelers played to a TIE.

With as Poorly as the Steelers played, they are still only a 1/2 game out of 1st place.

They played without some major players .... Starting QB, Big Ben, WR Chase Claypool and a few others as well.

I’ve never seen an NFL season quite like this one. Every week there’s more questions than the previous week. It’s going to be a wild playoff race over the final 8 weeks.

I’ve never seen an NFL season quite like this one. Every week there’s more questions than the previous week. It’s going to be a wild playoff race over the final 8 weeks.

Heard a large computer server farm crashed when determining tiebreaker scenarios.

Pats beat coach inferior Cleveland, by a lot. Hard to tell where Pats stand. One thing of interest was the number 2, which I believe was the number of plays the Patriots executed in the first 29 minutes of the game that stopped the clock. Makes me think of the Giants who beat the Bills in the Super Bowl.

Parity in the NFL this year is intriguing. Coaching will mean a lot more than usual. Pats could win the Super Bowl this year or not make the playoffs.

Heard a large computer server farm crashed when determining tiebreaker scenarios.

Pats beat coach inferior Cleveland, by a lot. Hard to tell where Pats stand. One thing of interest was the number 2, which I believe was the number of plays the Patriots executed in the first 29 minutes of the game that stopped the clock. Makes me think of the Giants who beat the Bills in the Super Bowl.

Parity in the NFL this year is intriguing. Coaching will mean a lot more than usual. Pats could win the Super Bowl this year or not make the playoffs.

I agree with everything you said, ESPECIALLY coaching could be the difference. I like the Pats chance for several reasons:
1. They have arguably the greatest coach in NFL history
2. Their defense is getting stronger as the season goes on. Something that was a hallmark Patriot trait previous to 2019
3. When healthy, Harris and Stevenson are as dynamic a young backfield combo in the league
4. Their rookie QB is showing signs that he will not make crucial mistakes when the game is on the line
5. (and probably most important) the offensive line is the healthiest it’s been all season. Going into the season, many pointed to the Pats O-line as the team’s strength.

As far as tie breaking scenarios go, because of their tie today, at least the Steelers are more than likely out of any tie breaker scenarios.

I agree with everything you said, ESPECIALLY coaching could be the difference. I like the Pats chance for several reasons:
1. They have arguably the greatest coach in NFL history
2. Their defense is getting stronger as the season goes on. Something that was a hallmark Patriot trait previous to 2019
3. When healthy, Harris and Stevenson are as dynamic a young backfield combo in the league
4. Their rookie QB is showing signs that he will not make crucial mistakes when the game is on the line
5. (and probably most important) the offensive line is the healthiest it’s been all season. Going into the season, many pointed to the Pats O-line as the team’s strength.

As far as tie breaking scenarios go, because of their tie today, at least the Steelers are more than likely out of any tie breaker scenarios.
#5 .... is WHY your new QB Jones was thrilled to drop that far (Solid O Line play).

I was hoping and then again Not, that Fields would go there.
For Fields, it would have been great, for me it would have sucked, seeing the Steelers, who NEED a QB have to deal with Fields in the playoffs most years. (in the future)(Jones will get them there as well and you'll be very happy with him as well, but I think Fields has more to offer.
Then again, the Pats rarely have a QB that can MOVE ... statue Brady was there forever.

#5 .... is WHY your new QB Jones was thrilled to drop that far (Solid O Line play).

I was hoping and then again Not, that Fields would go there.
For Fields, it would have been great, for me it would have sucked, seeing the Steelers, who NEED a QB have to deal with Fields in the playoffs most years. (in the future)(Jones will get them there as well and you'll be very happy with him as well, but I think Fields has more to offer.
Then again, the Pats rarely have a QB that can MOVE ... statue Brady was there forever.

I don’t know how much of the Patriots you’ve seen this year, but up until the last couple of weeks their offensive line has been just that-offensive. It’s been a sieve. It was SUPPOSED to be a strength, but because of injuries and players underperforming it hasn’t panned out that way. Mac Jones has been successful in spite of their performance. A testament to his mental toughness.

Yeah, it seemed nice. Heck of a game from the Chiefs, here I am 2 weeks removed from 'they're a .500 team' (and they may still be) and in one day of this crazy season they go from 9th in the AFC to 4th, and 1st by half a game in the AFC West.

SP-RGUgrmL1H88-F1J_mMY3lnEfgne28rOA6nx8T3M4j57t-rxaOMmKmguVcoH3edUMYZzAoDgSp_TXx_SYdFKDxinhYK9kwvckHMNk_o4n1HtQcyMyJSgwp0lVEg47j1I1hUU48XKw2-dlY-_ISb-H9rr_7-aqs-c1glVsJgKtd1hQWJiw7LHq4TysY0Kl23WJsjSEKgMDzMJ0KP_qciX8bX-_pa-uViUr0LHcE8SKk1-267MP7RgO0Q0qN7E0c2JT8G4Cv7IzWOV3FQ28k8uJRLYkc97BmFQ9dxsV9QIWyPTI6WpMvkNa6cSSZqsZ4zgwjQ0V07EQXU-D4DbOJiZgHN8eQsXuxsf4HbTV810jvMxn2tWbsGkliQBqG1kbZL4bzqWQ-PPWmRszHa9NbFPjwFIh3ITJAOTfz3bQ2pz8dCxfE7lqbtIasJGOT5pT3uB8GSmt8rGZncygtWoY9SsewjFOKYbM8iwRcwWIv4AV5H1-sT49rihoeeQFB7QwpA7vVlUpeF82H-7qc59ShiUu50DzK726GVzvbIUuZBchyBdw87FZBOVn1sQc7uQhBLiIyJwG8HJua-vteUPSf6B6Se8w2awWkGZuoyW8i0NP344RaHZxIALQEa9fi82zPgPlyC3Sej4ZOykldC7P8I9xKsZPCOjKkMalq7eOW43jsnGdp3ILph4401cgfNwV_PnrubYfa5OcaI0zPqRkGeyRS_g=w1858-h1047-no

I don’t know how much of the Patriots you’ve seen this year, but up until the last couple of weeks their offensive line has been just that-offensive. It’s been a sieve. It was SUPPOSED to be a strength, but because of injuries and players underperforming it hasn’t panned out that way. Mac Jones has been successful in spite of their performance. A testament to his mental toughness.
I really haven't had time to see much of the Pats, unfortunately.

Thier O line has to be better than the Steelers and Bears, doesn't it ????

Steelers are playing slightly better now than earlier in the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)