NFL 2021

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Had predictions for this season? Well, they need to be rewritten because Tim Tebow has been signed to a one-year deal with Jacksonville.

The one-time Denver QB that, seemingly according to the sports press, was the first openly Christian football player ever, was signed by the Jaguars with the intention of seeking to play as a Tight End.

Tebow's career prior to a long minor league derail, was short, gimmicky, well over-reported, impressive, overstated, and exposed. Tebow managed to get an underperforming Broncos team into the playoffs and even won a playoff game. And then He and the Broncos faced the Patriots... and that effectively ended his career as his weaknesses as a QB were laid out for all to see.

Certainly, the sports press will be all over this for whatever reason. Honestly, Tebow doesn't seem like a bad guy, but the oversaturation of him and his religion in the press was nuts, as again, he wasn't the first openly Christian football player after all.

He is said to be in good shape, but good shape and in NFL level performance shape are separated by a large chasm. He joins a team stuffed with Tight Ends, meaning he'll need to really be performing at high caliber to make the first, second, third string. At 34, he is getting older, not by Tom Brady standards, but typical NFL standards. It is a long road for him. Time will tell if he can pull it off.

Reactions: Jimbo
As long as Joe Burrow stays healthy I'll be happy.
Cincinnati Bengals Joe Burrow GIF by Bengals

I thought all NFL 1st round picks were slotted and paid accordingly ?
Why is it taking these players so long to sign, if they already know where thier pay will be ?

Trevor Lawrence signed today, Justin Fields a few weeks back (huge differences in pay mind you).
The rest of the 1st round QBs haven't ...

I thought all NFL 1st round picks were slotted and paid accordingly ?
Why is it taking these players so long to sign, if they already know where thier pay will be ?

Trevor Lawrence signed today, Justin Fields a few weeks back (huge differences in pay mind you).
The rest of the 1st round QBs haven't ...

The overall amount and length is predetermined but there are still some areas for haggling (potentially things like amount fully guaranteed, structure of certain payments, signing bonus cash flow, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does anyone here feel the thing in Jacksonville is going to fail?
Shouldn't you be asking if its going to be a Success ?
It Fails more often than not.

Personally, I don't expect them to be a top team anytime soon.
I do hope they become better ...

I'm not one to jump to conclusions and say Meyer Can't do it BEFORE he even gets a chance.
Give him 3 years like most get and see whats what then.

Shouldn't you be asking if its going to be a Success ?
It Fails more often than not.

Personally, I don't expect them to be a top team anytime soon.
I do hope they become better ...

I'm not one to jump to conclusions and say Meyer Can't do it BEFORE he even gets a chance.
Give him 3 years like most get and see whats what then.
I don't like to jump to conclusions either so early but he has made some odd moves already.

So, whats the latest, has Tebow made the team, hows he doing as a TE ???

I think Tebow will end up coaching.
I'd prefer to see that because him being brought in as a TE or anything else as a player is ridiculous. Last I heard doesn't look good for him to make the team.

I'd prefer to see that because him being brought in as a TE or anything else as a player is ridiculous. Last I heard doesn't look good for him to make the team.
Can you imagine, him asking for a tryout and his former / current Coach has to CUT him, after all they have been thru ?

I think thats what eventually will happen, but its got to be an Odd situation.

Reactions: Rey
Personally, I think it would be a slap in the face to all the Current TE's, (particularly thier TE's) if Tebow makes it after not playing inn the league for so long and Never playing the position.

Q.
Did they really bring Tebow in for attention or to make the team as a TE ?

They should have offered him a Coaching position to start with, at least it wouldn't be getting as much negative attention.

Can you imagine, him asking for a tryout and his former / current Coach has to CUT him, after all they have been thru ?

I think thats what eventually will happen, but its got to be an Odd situation.
For sure. I get they have a friendship but it would've been better to help him by giving the guy a spot on the coaching staff. Also gives a young undrafted player a shot at a roster spot. Perhaps Tebow wouldn't have come in if he thought he had no chance to get on the field. I'm looking forward to seeing Trevor play in the NFL. If not for that I wouldn't even bother to see any of their games unless of course they're playing my fins.

Personally, I think it would be a slap in the face to all the Current TE's, (particularly thier TE's) if Tebow makes it after not playing inn the league for so long and Never playing the position.

Q.
Did they really bring Tebow in for attention or to make the team as a TE ?

They should have offered him a Coaching position to start with, at least it wouldn't be getting as much negative attention.
Think it was for the attention Jim. Honestly it wasn't needed as between who the coach is and the QB there's enough to pay attention to.

In Other News, we have the guy from the Navy being allowed to play in the NFL (if he makes a team) without doing his years in the Navy first, like ALL others.

Now, the next guy better not have to do his Navy commitment first ....

How does THIS guy get a wavier to go ahead and play when all others were told NO.

Has there ever been a prolific college coach who had a successful NFL HC stint? I can't think of any recent ones.....
No don't think so. Some had a nice first season but fizzled out. The guy in Arizona still has work to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts