NFL 2021

First, of course, the pre-season is just guys who will be selling used cars next month, anyway.

But the thing to understand is that the NFL pre season is the one exception to the “share everything equally” system of broadcasting. Local stations produce games for local broadcast and the team keeps the money. With the exception of the handful of games on the networks. The NFLN takes this local coverage and shows it out of market, just like most games on MLBN or NHLN are gleaned from RSNs. Most all games are on NFLN eventually, a fewlive and the rest on delay.

Anyway “your” Steelers (an Ohio State man should love orange and either brown or black, but I digress) the Pittsburgh coverage of the game will be on in Pittsburgh, Altoona, Erie, Columbus, Youngstown, Wheeling, Roanoke, Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Honolulu (the NFL is not like baseball with all this regional stuff, a team can sell its games wherever a local station will buy, The Philly coverage will be on in Philly, Harrisburg, Scranton, Johnstown, Salisbury, and will be shown on NFLN in places where the local stations are carrying the R*****s - Patriots game.

Anyway, there is a Sunday Ticket like package for the pre-season. It is called NFL Game Pass, and it is $100. It gives you the pre season game not shown on a local station in your TV market, and reruns of regular season games.
Thanks for the info ...
However, I thought I would not be able to watch the Steelers game ... you said that they sell to whomever ... my local gets the Patriots feed .... looks like THEY are National ...

However, I got some good news when I got home today ... the NFL Network must have changed thier way of doing things this year as I see that the Steelers are on a .1 station tonight LIVE, so I don't have to wait till a later replay.... at least thats what I'm Hoping they did, as I see that game listed under channel 212.1 on D* and the Pats on 212.

Attachments

• 38FC74BD-E873-41B1-9045-9C25B6DCA273.jpeg
    38FC74BD-E873-41B1-9045-9C25B6DCA273.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 157
  • C4137665-A87D-47AB-93ED-2A7D4C8EF0B6.jpeg
    C4137665-A87D-47AB-93ED-2A7D4C8EF0B6.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 148
The addl. .1 feed simply said the game is blacked out ....
I am 250 miles from Pittsburgh ... yet its blacked out.
I don't see them blacking out the Pats games .... it will be blacked out on the NFL Network so they watch the local channel, thats understandable.

When will the NFL go back and fix thier rule about having to sit out a play if you lose your helmet ....
The initial rule was put in so a player doesn't take his helmet off to show himself off when making a play.

The rule isn't made that you should have to skip a play if you had a hit that you lost your helmet on.

How much did Cam Newton play tonight ?

Cam was only in there for one or two series. Mac Jones played the majority of the game and looked very good. Brian Hoyer played the fourth quarter.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Your gonna like Jones, once he gets settled in.

I think Mac Jones is going to be special! It’s going to very interesting following.the trials and tribulations of the 5 rookie first round QB’s. Law of averages say there will be AT LEAST one bust out of the five.

Justin Fields looking good for the Bears this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing Trevor Lawrence tonight.

Justin Fields looking good for the Bears this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing Trevor Lawrence tonight.
I tried to watch at work (Fields) downloaded the NFL Network to the Roku at work .... then found out they want money to watch it.

I have the Sunday Ticket at home (or will have again this year) . I downloaded the ST app to the Roku, I'm wondering if I will be able to use my credentials and watch the ST at work as well. I should be able to on the Computer (thats what its set up to do) I would think I should on the Roku as well ... without having to pay for the ST for the Roku.

I thought Fields played well seeing it was his 1st game .... internet players all say he was terrible, playing against 3rd and 4th string guys.
I did not look at what string the defense was that was in at the time.
In the first half I think he had 2 series, neither did much, but he got his feet wet.
In the second half he looked better ... he was calm thru out and did not look over matched at all.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
It was shocking to find out a guy in his 30's wasn't capable of adapting to a position he never played before in a sport he hasn't played professionally in 10 years! Shocked!

At least Tebow looked like he was in incredible shape. He puts in the effort, but work ethic only goes so far at these levels without incredible aptitude.

The Patriots game last night (Eagles) looked like they were playing a High School team.

Every year before the season starts I try to figure out who the worst team is . This year I think it’s a tie for suckage- Eagles and Texans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)