NFL 2021

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wild, Chiefs are the biggest favorite in NFL wildcard history against the Steelers.

The Chiefs are favored 12 1/2 points against the visiting Steelers at Arrowhead Stadium, the largest line in Wild Card Round history, per information available on Stathead.​
The previous largest of 11 points occurred three times — the Packers against the Vikings in 2012; the Steelers against the Dolphins in 2016 and the Saints against the Bears last year.​
All three favorites won.​
All three covered the 11 points, too.​

Take this stat with a grain of salt, but the Patriots are 61-29 since 1970 when the kickoff temp is below 34 degrees. Obviously there’s been many incarnations of the Patriots franchise over the last 50+ years, but it does show a general attitude that this franchise has shown in cold/bad weather games historically.

• Haha
Reactions: madmadworld
Take this stat with a grain of salt, but the Patriots are 61-29 since 1970 when the kickoff temp is below 34 degrees. Obviously there’s been many incarnations of the Patriots franchise over the last 50+ years, but it does show a general attitude that this franchise has shown in cold/bad weather games historically.
Stat means a lot less to me with them playing another cold weather team.

Wild, Chiefs are the biggest favorite in NFL wildcard history against the Steelers.

The Chiefs are favored 12 1/2 points against the visiting Steelers at Arrowhead Stadium, the largest line in Wild Card Round history, per information available on Stathead.​
The previous largest of 11 points occurred three times — the Packers against the Vikings in 2012; the Steelers against the Dolphins in 2016 and the Saints against the Bears last year.​
All three favorites won.​
All three covered the 11 points, too.​
I suspect that line will be accurate ....
Steelers really are not very good this year, Ben can't throw the ball, he's averaging about 3 yards per pass ... Yes, thats pass, not run.
Ben said as much in a interview earlier ... He's taking or trying to take the pressure off them, saying they don't belong and to just go out and have FUN ... Thats about the only way they have a chance, to just go out and play and have fun and see what happens.

Curious, what is that number in the Brady era only ?
I bet his era has tipped the scales ...

Curious, what is that number in the Brady era only ?
I bet his era has tipped the scales ...

Any metric in the Brady era is going to be obviously skewed relative to his era. But there’s a reason that stat says since 1970. That’s how stats are. They wouldn’t go back that far if it “hurt” that stat. And as far as Brady goes, I honestly don’t recall many cold weather games other than the aforementioned Titans playoff game. I’m sure they were there, but none really stood out like that Titans playoff game. Brady’s claim to fame involving weather was snow games. He owned snow games. Some of the scores in the snow games were video game type scores.

BTW- it looks like it’s gonna be 61-30 in cold weather games since 1970

Bandwagon Patriot “fans” are already blaming this embarrassment tonight on Mac Jones. “Oh, I told you they should have never let Tom leave” “”If Brady was still here this wouldn’t be happening”. Nobody in their right mind would ever compare Mac Jones to Tom Brady, but are these clueless “fans” watching the same game as I am? Frankly, Mac Jones is the only Patriots player that I saw any fire from in that first half. The defense is an absolute embarrassing dumpster fire.

Reactions: AZ.
Bandwagon Patriot “fans” are already blaming this embarrassment tonight on Mac Jones. “Oh, I told you they should have never let Tom leave” “”If Brady was still here this wouldn’t be happening”. Nobody in their right mind would ever compare Mac Jones to Tom Brady, but are these clueless “fans” watching the same game as I am? Frankly, Mac Jones is the only Patriots player that I saw any fire from in that first half. The defense is an absolute embarrassing dumpster fire.
You are correct ....however, I think your running back is also playing pretty well. (as is Buffalo's)
When I started to watch the 2nd half and the Pats were moving the ball nicely, then the Pick ... Everything Buffalo touches tonight turns to gold, they (the Pats) have No chance.

Sadly, I expect the KC vs Pittsburgh game to be similar ...

Reactions: AZ. and BillD1984
Response 1: Buffalo is using a cheat code!

Response 2: CBS is accidentally showing Super Bowl XX.

Man, this is certainly making it easier to brave the cold at the game for the fans.

Reactions: BillD1984
You are correct ....however, I think your running back is also playing pretty well. (as is Buffalo's)
When I started to watch the 2nd half and the Pats were moving the ball nicely, then the Pick ... Everything Buffalo touches tonight turns to gold, they (the Pats) have No chance.

Sadly, I expect the KC vs Pittsburgh game to be similar ...

Yes, and can we finally acknowledge that Josh Allen is a top 5 NFL QB?? He is without question the second best QB in the AFC behind Mahomes, but the dude rarely gets the credit that he deserves.

• Love
Reactions: HipKat
Yes, and can we finally acknowledge that Josh Allen is a top 5 NFL QB?? He is without question the second best QB in the AFC behind Mahomes, but the dude rarely gets the credit that he deserves.
I don't like to put numbers on them, but yes I think he's one of the top guys, I felt that way last year as well ... this year he confirmed it.
Someone else that is not too far behind him, just hasn't established himself yet, but will, is the guy from San Diego Justin Herbert. Opps, make that LA.

The Pats need to build around Jones and in a few years, they will be back to winning as well ... maybe not the number of wins you guys are use to, but they will come.

Hey Bill, I want your opinion ... seeing I'm following Da Bears because of Fields, I want to see him turn into a top Pro QB, then again he's with Da Bears.
Anyways, the Bears are searching for GM and Coach's .....
Whats your opinion on Josh McDanials, is he Head Coach material, or a Very Good OC ?
Can he handle the Bears HC job ?
He has a rep as a good QB molder ... I guess ... does he get credit for Brady, not so sure anyone gets credit for him.

Bears are looking at a Bunch of HC candidates, 1 name that I would like to see them get is the guy from Buffalo, I really like thier offense and defense.

I don't like to put numbers on them, but yes I think he's one of the top guys, I felt that way last year as well ... this year he confirmed it.
Someone else that is not too far behind him, just hasn't established himself yet, but will, is the guy from San Diego Justin Herbert. Opps, make that LA.

The Pats need to build around Jones and in a few years, they will be back to winning as well ... maybe not the number of wins you guys are use to, but they will come.

I’m more than happy with Mac Jones going forward. Give him a couple more weapons to go with Bourne, Meyers and Henry. The running backs are very good and the offensive line is generally above average. But just like 2019- Brady’s last year, the elephant in the room has been exposed. Once again, this defense is vastly overrated. More than anything else they need to add speed desperately.

Hey Bill, I want your opinion ... seeing I'm following Da Bears because of Fields, I want to see him turn into a top Pro QB, then again he's with Da Bears.
Whats your opinion on Josh McDanials, is he Head Coach material, or a Very Good OC ?
He has a rep as a good QB molder ... I guess ... does he get credit for Brady, not so sure anyone gets credit for him.

Bears are looking at a Bunch of HC candidates, 1 name that I would like to see them get is the guy from Buffalo, I really like thier offense and defense.

Just my opinion Jimbo, but you don’t want McDaniels. Vastly overrated in my opinion. Tom Brady made him, not vice versa

Reactions: HipKat
I’m more than happy with Mac Jones going forward. Give him a couple more weapons to go with Bourne, Meyers and Henry. The running backs are very good and the offensive line is generally above average. But just like 2019- Brady’s last year, the elephant in the room has been exposed. Once again, this defense is vastly overrated. More than anything else they need to add speed desperately.
Iirc, a lot of that good defense left or opted out when Brady left.

Ask the Broncos if Josh McDaniels is head coaching material. Left Denver in disgrace after being fired for cheating in London.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts