NFL 2021

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Take this stat with a grain of salt, but the Patriots are 61-29 since 1970 when the kickoff temp is below 34 degrees. Obviously there’s been many incarnations of the Patriots franchise over the last 50+ years, but it does show a general attitude that this franchise has shown in cold/bad weather games historically.
61-30

Yes, and can we finally acknowledge that Josh Allen is a top 5 NFL QB?? He is without question the second best QB in the AFC behind Mahomes, but the dude rarely gets the credit that he deserves.
Reading the PatriotsPlanet forums this week, you'd think that Allen was just an average QB that likes to run

Last edited:
Mac Jones will be ok IF they get him some receivers. Agholor? Seriously? He got shoveled out of Philly for a reason. Not sure what the Pats thought they saw in him that convinced them he was a good FA acquisition. He doesn't run good routes and he doesn't fight for the ball. Niether does any other WR on the team. Jones needs a better corp around him. Where's Wes Welker when ya need him? :)

Mac Jones will be ok IF they get him some receivers. Agholor? Seriously? He got shoveled out of Philly for a reason. Not sure what the Pats thought they saw in him that convinced them he was a good FA acquisition. He doesn't run good routes and he doesn't fight for the ball. Niether does any other WR on the team. Jones needs a better corp around him. Where's Wes Welker when ya need him? :)
There are good WR's coming into the league next year, they would be good to grab at least 1.
There are enough that they won't need to use a First round pick, unless they want one of the Very Top ones, there are alot out there .
2nd round will still get good quality in that area.

Pay no attention to those dopes
I’ve been high on Allen for years. Guy can throw first and run second.

Mac Jones well last night. Drops and close INTs pummeled him, so that much was positive. Nothing wrong with being beaten by the better team.

Patriots won a lot of games like that before. That time is over. Really would like to see Buffalo win. Eagles second.

There are good WR's coming into the league next year, they would be good to grab at least 1.
There are enough that they won't need to use a First round pick, unless they want one of the Very Top ones, there are alot out there .
2nd round will still get good quality in that area.

NO WAY do I want the Patriots to draft another WR in the first round. For a team that has had the success the Patriots have had over the last 20 years, they absolutely SUCK at identifying quality talent at that position. It has been a veritable wasteland of bust after bust after bust. Deion Branch is really the only exception to that. Sure they hit a home run with Julian Edelman, but when you consider he was drafted as a 7th round QB that was more luck than anything else. Besides, getting more athletic on the defensive side of the ball is a far more glaring need right now. They need to cut Agholor and Harry and use that revenue to bring in a legitimate slot receiver.

I always said I would love to tap into whatever Steelers do to draft and develop quality receivers. They do it year after year.

Reactions: Jimbo and Yespage
I’ve been high on Allen for years. Guy can throw first and run second.

Mac Jones well last night. Drops and close INTs pummeled him, so that much was positive. Nothing wrong with being beaten by the better team.

Patriots won a lot of games like that before. That time is over. Really would like to see Buffalo win. Eagles second.

Yep, I really believe the Patriots have identified their QB for the next 10-15 years. Now they need to upgrade the roster surrounding him.

NO WAY do I want the Patriots to draft another WR in the first round. For a team that has had the success the Patriots have had over the last 20 years, they absolutely SUCK at identifying quality talent at that position. It has been a veritable wasteland of bust after bust after bust. Deion Branch is really the only exception to that. Sure they hit a home run with Julian Edelman, but when you consider he was drafted as a 7th round QB that was more luck than anything else. Besides, getting more athletic on the defensive side of the ball is a far more glaring need right now. They need to cut Agholor and Harry and use that revenue to bring in a legitimate slot receiver.

I always said I would love to tap into whatever Steelers do to draft and develop quality receivers. They do it year after year.
Have you seen what the Raiders have done with first round draft picks?.....LOL!

They need to do that in the next couple of years while Jones is cheap. He's going to get expensive when his rookie contract is up.
Except we don’t if he is a Wentz or Jackson. People are just making too many assumptions on Jones.

Reactions: HipKat

The Pats did much better signing or trading for WRs like Patten and Hogan.

The trouble the Pats have is they managed to keep doing things too well for too long and we are expecting that to continue. The Pats are likely finished as a top tier team and the NFL is transitioning.

They spent a great deal in the offseason. They made the playoffs after a shaky start. That is great. But they were also a benefactor of a relatively weak schedule. The total return on their spending will be determined next season. Right now, the return isn’t too high.

Belichick changed the league for a while and now the league appears to have reached equilibrium and Belichick needs to adjust to that. I don’t think he can. I’ll gladly have him coach for two more decades though.

All I want now is to resign Brady for one last game at Foxboro and retire a Patriot.

The Pats did much better signing or trading for WRs like Patten and Hogan.

The trouble the Pats have is they managed to keep doing things too well for too long and we are expecting that to continue. The Pats are likely finished as a top tier team and the NFL is transitioning.

They spent a great deal in the offseason. They made the playoffs after a shaky start. That is great. But they were also a benefactor of a relatively weak schedule. The total return on their spending will be determined next season. Right now, the return isn’t too high.

Belichick changed the league for a while and now the league appears to have reached equilibrium and Belichick needs to adjust to that. I don’t think he can. I’ll gladly have him coach for two more decades though.

All I want now is to resign Brady for one last game at Foxboro and retire a Patriot.
Just a reminder, without Brady, BB is 62-72 lifetime as a coach

Just a reminder, without Brady, BB is 62-72 lifetime as a coach
That is just silly. Tom Brady is obviously one of the most successful QBs ever and he has a great deal to do with that, however, as the Patriots aged, Belichick et al. developed game plans that put him less at risk of hits. And then they won a couple more Super Bowls. Belichick, Pioli, Brady, and Kraft all have a good deal of credit for the franchise's unprecedented success in the Cap era.

Brady's last season at New England wasn't for the scrap book either, based on the brilliance of other years. They lacked a number of things that season that they continue to struggle with. There was a good deal of improvement this year, but the Patriots shouldn't be expected to be in the AFC Championship every year.

That is just silly. Tom Brady is obviously one of the most successful QBs ever and he has a great deal to do with that, however, as the Patriots aged, Belichick et al. developed game plans that put him less at risk of hits. And then they won a couple more Super Bowls. Belichick, Pioli, Brady, and Kraft all have a good deal of credit for the franchise's unprecedented success in the Cap era.

Brady's last season at New England wasn't for the scrap book either, based on the brilliance of other years. They lacked a number of things that season that they continue to struggle with. There was a good deal of improvement this year, but the Patriots shouldn't be expected to be in the AFC Championship every year.
And Brady took way less money than he deserved.....Im not a fan of that as it messes with all QBs and the league.....Hes lucky his wife is wealthy also....Ill take millions in the bank over a ring any day!.......Now Brady gets paid fairly how do the Pats do with an even playing field?

Reactions: madmadworld
Mac Jones rookie season. Very impressive for a rookie. This kid is only going to get better.

IMG_8074.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts