Reactions: BillD1984
Divisional Round next weekend:

Saturday:
- Bengals-Titans: 4:30 ET on CBS
- 49ers-Packers: 8:15 ET on FOX

Sunday:
- Rams-Bucs: 3:00 ET on NBC
- Bills-Chiefs 6:30 ET on CBS

No surprise that Bengals-Titans gets “buried” in that Sat 4:30 window, but I’m very intrigued by this matchup

That bugs me that instead of 1 and 4 they have to change it to 4 and 8 in the post season. Very annoying. :(
Old guy mode on.

It wasn’t that long ago, that the NFL took the weather into account. In the regular season, night games, and even 4 ET starts, were not done in the really cold places, after Thanksgiving. In the playoffs, well, they used to not even play night games, but when they started, they always tried to use the south and the domes, as much as they could.

Now, for the really insignificant differences in the ratings between the time slots, we get a day game in Nashville (low 40s) and a night game in Green Bay (-1 and snow) and the next day game in Tampa (65) and a night game in Kansas City (27).

You ok with not going to a SB ?
Dude, as Patriots fans, we've seen the Pats go to the Super Bowl in four straight decades. Not many teams have that accolade. And the last 19 year run, the Patriots were in HALF the Super Bowls. HALF OF THEM! If the Patriots never make it to another Super Bowl, I'll be quite content. Super Bowl LI, if nothing else, will always keep me warm in the cold.

Look no further than Championship Sunday 1996 (January 1997) to see how much the NFL has changed their philosophy when it comes to avoiding later starts at cold weather venues. The two games that day were Jacksonville at New England and Carolina at Green Bay. With two of the coldest NFL venues possible to choose from it wouldn’t be easy for the NFL to decide which game went late. However, in those days start times for Championship Sunday were 12:30 and 4:00 ET. One would think that the tiebreaker would be that Green Bay is in the CTZ and therefore a 12:30 kickoff would be 11:30 AM local time. But no, the NFL went with Green Bay early and Foxboro late. One could surmise that the NFL’s rational was Foxboro-while typically very cold in January- was like a day at Miami Beach compared to Green Bay. Today, not only is it all right for the Packers to play a night game, but you could hypothetically have the Dolphins, Chargers, etc. as the other option to go late and the NFL would still go with the marquee game late.

Updated all-time postseason wins

1. Patriots -37
2. Packers-36
2. Steelers- 36
4. Cowboys- 35
4. Tom Brady- 35
6. 49ers- 33

• Haha
Reactions: Yespage
That bugs me that instead of 1 and 4 they have to change it to 4 and 8 in the post season. Very annoying. :(
Thats Saturday games, those games would not be being played during the year, so its the Sunday game time changes your upset about ?

They always change the time for the playoff games, because they Can ... They know people will watch.

Also, they are working you into a 6 pm Sunday game as being Normal for the viewer, so they will be trained by the time that the Super Bowl gets there.

I’ve heard a lot of talk about this the last couple of days, but it’s the first time I’ve actually seen the video. Wow!! What was he thinking, is right. Seems a little Woody Hayes-ish if you ask me.
Wow, $50,000 for THAT ?
We use to get worse than that in grade school football.

1642721027472.png

Today is the 28th anniversary when Robert Kraft purchased the Patriots. To say there’s a difference between the Patriots first 34 years of existence and the last 28 years under Kraft’s ownership would be an understatement.

Patriots 1960-1993

221-270-9 regular season record
7 playoff appearances
2 division titles
4 playoff wins (3 of them in the 1985 season)
1 Super Bowl appearance
0 championships

Patriots 1994-present

298-135 regular season record
22 playoff appearances
19 division titles
33 playoff wins
10 Super Bowl appearances
6 championships

Obviously Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have a lot to do with the recent success of the Patriots, but the fact remains that Mr. Kraft brought credibility to a franchise that was once the laughingstock of the league.

Reactions: madmadworld
IMO, the best weekend on the sports calendar is upon us, and this year’s Divisional Round Weekend the matchups are all incredible. After a very modest 4-2 straight up and 3-3 ATS last weekend, this weeks games are all tough to pick.

Titans 30, Bengals 23- I think this game will be a little more wide open than advertised.

49ers 24, Packers 20- my upset pick. The Niners have that look of a team that barely snuck in the playoffs, and then get on a roll

Buccaneers 31, Rams 26- the Bucs are banged up, but bet against Tom Brady at your own peril

Chiefs 36, Bills 33- keep going back and forth with this one, but ultimately can’t bet against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs at Arrowhead

This will be one EPIC weekend of football!! Enjoy!!!

Reactions: madmadworld
Today is the 28th anniversary when Robert Kraft purchased the Patriots. To say there’s a difference between the Patriots first 34 years of existence and the last 28 years under Kraft’s ownership would be an understatement.

Patriots 1960-1993

221-270-9 regular season record
7 playoff appearances
2 division titles
4 playoff wins (3 of them in the 1985 season)
1 Super Bowl appearance
0 championships

Patriots 1994-present

298-135 regular season record
22 playoff appearances
19 division titles
33 playoff wins
10 Super Bowl appearances
6 championships

Obviously Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have a lot to do with the recent success of the Patriots, but the fact remains that Mr. Kraft brought credibility to a franchise that was once the laughingstock of the league.
Theres a lot of teams that need to look and see what Mr. Kraft changed on that day, and get it right.

Reactions: BillD1984
IMO, the best weekend on the sports calendar is upon us, and this year’s Divisional Round Weekend the matchups are all incredible. After a very modest 4-2 straight up and 3-3 ATS last weekend, this weeks games are all tough to pick.

Titans 30, Bengals 23- I think this game will be a little more wide open than advertised.

49ers 24, Packers 20- my upset pick. The Niners have that look of a team that barely snuck in the playoffs, and then get on a roll

Buccaneers 31, Rams 26- the Bucs are banged up, but bet against Tom Brady at your own peril

Chiefs 36, Bills 33- keep going back and forth with this one, but ultimately can’t bet against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs at Arrowhead

This will be one EPIC weekend of football!! Enjoy!!!
These are your predictions ...
How about who you Want to Win ?