NFL Clinching Scenarios

Giants need A LOT of help to make the playoffs. It would be a miracle if they did because there is too many scenerios not in the Giants favor.

All the Vikes need to do is win....

I hate when they have crap like that......if the Vikes lose then these 3 other teams need to lose too. Basically WIN and then the rest you dont have to worry about ;)

I hate when they have crap like that......if the Vikes lose then these 3 other teams need to lose too. Basically WIN and then the rest you dont have to worry about ;)

Absolutely! There's nothing worse when your team needs help to get in. "Win and in" is the way to go! :)

Did I miss it? What scenario spawned in the depths of hades will enable the Lions to make the playoff...televised impalement of the Lions pathetic owners, coupled with every other team in the league being banned for using Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs)? Obviously, nobody would ever accuse the Lions of using PEDs. ;)

Last edited:
Did I miss it? What scenario spawed in the depths of hades will enable the Lions to make the playoff...televised impalement of the Lions pathetic owners, coupled with every other team in the league being banned for using Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs)? Obviously, nobody would ever accuse the Lions of using PEDs. ;)

ONLY way the Lions make the Playoffs is IF the Owner SOLD the team between now and then ... I think the NFL would make an exception and add them in at that point.

And we would all stand up and Rejoice !

ONLY way the Lions make the Playoffs is IF the Owner SOLD the team between now and then ... I think the NFL would make an exception and add them in at that point.

Perhaps, but who wouldn't enjoy a public impalement? The William Clay Ford family have certainly earned it after running this once proud football franchise into the dirt over the past 50-years and refusing to sell the team to competent, or otherwise, ownership. It certainly can't get much worse! Maybe the popsicle treatment is in order...i.e., run him up with a giant popsicle stick, douse him wiith cherry syrup, and stick him outside the stadium to chill for a few days? He would be known as a cherry chumpsicle! Of course, given the holiday season perhaps a no-frills crucifixion is more appropriate. ;)

Can anyone tell that I am bitter towards inept Lions ownership? :rolleyes:

The Bengals ownership sucks too. The owner is also the General Manager and he thinks he is a football man just like his father which he is not.

I think you're right on! I'm guessing 5-10% chance.

Given the above scenarios, it will take a miracle for the Giants to get into the playoffs...6.25%, at best.

Bears are not losing, they are playing the kitties from Detroit .... :(

I know it would take a minor miracle for the Giants to get in. Imagine if they did though? It would be amazing. Has that ever happened before? A team with so little chance of making the playoffs actually making the playoffs??

Perhaps, but who wouldn't enjoy a public impalement? The William Clay Ford family have certainly earned it after running this once proud football franchise into the dirt over the past 50-years and refusing to sell the team to competent, or otherwise, ownership. It certainly can't get much worse! Maybe the popsicle treatment is in order...i.e., run him up with a giant popsicle stick, douse him wiith cherry syrup, and stick him outside the stadium to chill for a few days? He would be known as a cherry chumpsicle! Of course, given the holiday season perhaps a no-frills crucifixion is more appropriate. ;)

Can anyone tell that I am bitter towards inept Lions ownership? :rolleyes:

I dont think the Lions are that bad. They did make the playoffs last year. They have Megatron which you could build a team around. I dont know much about the Lions but I do think there's internal strife with the team. Do you really think thats a 4 win team? I still think Suh has a lot to do with it. I dont know why its just a gut feeling I have.

I know it would take a minor miracle for the Giants to get in. Imagine if they did though? It would be amazing. Has that ever happened before? A team with so little chance of making the playoffs actually making the playoffs??

I dont think the Lions are that bad. They did make the playoffs last year. They have Megatron which you could build a team around. I dont know much about the Lions but I do think there's internal strife with the team. Do you really think thats a 4 win team? I still think Suh has a lot to do with it. I dont know why its just a gut feeling I have.

Think back Mets,
The Lions won 4 games this year .... they won, 10 (I think) last year .... they haven't made the playoffs since Barry Sanders was there prior ...
Q. Is the 10 wins last year or the 4 wins this year the aberration ?

Think back Mets,
The Lions won 4 games this year .... they won, 10 (I think) last year .... they haven't made the playoffs since Barry Sanders was there prior ...
Q. Is the 10 wins last year or the 4 wins this year the aberration ?

I think it's a team that won 3-4 games last year with big comebacks and thought they were a "10 win team on the cusp" of the Super Bowl the team did not draft on need this past season.

They are a four win team and watching the way they had played this year they are who they are...with all respect to Dennis Green :)

Team could look very different next season with 25 free agents on the roster right now

Nothing is going to change with the Ford family running the show and, over the years, I've learned not to expect much from them - lessens the disappointment. Seriously, they couldn't win with Hall of Famers Barry freaking Sanders running up-and-down the field and Jason Hanson kicking 'em reliably straight and true through the uprights. All they needed was a middle-of-the-road passing game and defense and any less than complete idiot coach would have taken them to the playoffs every season. Not to be!

I think it's a team that won 3-4 games last year with big comebacks and thought they were a "10 win team on the cusp" of the Super Bowl the team did not draft on need this past season.

They are a four win team and watching the way they had played this year they are who they are...with all respect to Dennis Green :)

Team could look very different next season with 25 free agents on the roster right now

Nothing is going to change with the Ford family running the show and, over the years, I've learned not to expect much from them - lessens the disappointment. Seriously, they couldn't win with Hall of Famers Barry freaking Sanders running up-and-down the field and Jason Hanson kicking 'em reliably straight and true through the uprights. All they needed was a middle-of-the-road passing game and defense and any less than complete idiot coach would have taken them to the playoffs every season. Not to be!

They had that with Wayne Fontes, remember, 8-8 wasn't good enough, they have rarely made it to 8 wins since ...

That could be a very GOOD thing ...
They have a QB a few recvrs and a running back on Offense, thats it. + the Kicker Hansen
Pretty much, thats the whole team worth keeping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts