NFL coaches that are out the DOOR!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I never would have imagined saying this 10 weeks ago, but: I hope Mangini is retained. I don't think he will be, but you can see the foundation he has laid........he did exactly what he told us he was going to do.

I never would have imagined saying this 10 weeks ago, but: I hope Mangini is retained. I don't think he will be, but you can see the foundation he has laid........he did exactly what he told us he was going to do.

:up

Sometimes you have to break things down to it's core in order to build them back up. What he's doing is no fluke. You might've been able to say that with the Kansas City and Oakland wins, but we also took two teams who were fighting for their playoff lives to the woodshed in Pittsburgh and Jacksonville.

Sometimes you have to break things down to it's core in order to build them back up. What he's doing is no fluke. You might've been able to say that with the Kansas City and Oakland wins, but we also took two teams who were fighting for their playoff lives to the woodshed in Pittsburgh and Jacksonville.

Can I use the same excuse at Oakland..? Or KC?

One man's sh** is another man's gold...

Texans Coach, Safe

The Houston Texans didn't make the playoffs. But team owner Bob McNair is happy with the job coach Gary Kubiak has done and announced he would return for the final year of his five-year contract after the Texans finished a franchise-best 9-7.

"Gary's my coach," McNair said, according to the Houston Chronicle, after the Texans beat the New England Patriots in the season finale, giving them the first winning record in franchise history. "I know there was speculation that he might not be [back in 2010], but he will be. He'll definitely be back. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be."

Houston Texans owner says team will retain Gary Kubiak for 2010 - ESPN

Starting Derek Anderson for half the year should warrant the firing of Mangini by itself.

I think a case could be made for McDaniels to be fired, if Bowlen was willing to fire Shanahan after choking away the playoffs last year, becoming the 3rd team in NFL history to go 6-0 and miss the playoffs is a huge embarrassment. Since going 6-0, the Chiefs have a better record than the Broncos did.

Chiefs have shown tons of progress, twice the wins as last season and with 1 starting quarterback instead of last years 4-5 different starters. More than 30-players turned over on the team since last year, the emergence of Jamaal Charles who broke the Chiefs rushing record and had the 5th best game all time against the Broncos with 259 yards. Just missed wins over multiple playoff teams in the 4th quarter, the team is an offensive line (Cassel 3rd most sacked QB in the league) and a nose tackle/safety from competing in a pretty miserable division. There's no reason next year with the same amount of progress the Chiefs could be in at least Denver's position. No progress? You're just not paying attention.

I can't make quite the same case for Oakland, anytime Jamarcus was on the field it certainly was a step backwards, but they have a talented defense, it's just getting older and by the time the offense is right they're going to need help there.

If the Browns didn't finish as strong as we did, there would be no debate. KC and Oakland aren't showing the same signs of progress, so NO, you can't use the "same excuse". ;) :)

What are you talking about....Though the Raiders did not show a winning streak, their wins were against playoff quality opponents. The Browns wins were against the Steelers, Buffalo, Oakland, Jax and KC. The Raiders wins were against Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles, Bengals and Broncos. More impressive wins in my book.;)

Be careful what you wish for. You guys went 10-6 a couple of years ago whcih prompted several ridiculous threads about the Browns winning the SB the next season. Then you guys won all of 4 games last year. It'd be one thing if Mangini had gotten things together around midseason, but he didn't. You're still in a division with Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cinicinnati who most of the time pick their teeth the Browns. If you keep Mangini just because you beat the Raiders, Chiefs and a mediocre Jacksonville team then don't be surprised when the Browns are buried in last place again next year.

It doesn't matter who is coaching Detroit. We can lose with anyone at the helm.

The more it changes, the more it stays the same.......

33 new players at the start of the season, 7-8 more changed during the season. New president, new GM, new coaches........ 2 wins.

20 new players next season I'm sure. I just saw the teams they will play. 3 wins, next season.

Progress, right? At this rate, they will be rebuilding anew in 4 seasons. Oh wait a minute, I almost forgot:

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!!!

There's a lot of Marty Schottenheimer to Buffalo talk this afternoon.

Schefter said that it looks like Cowher may not return this year, and others say he really wants the job in Carolina.

The other rumor today is Mike Leach to the Raiders.

I wonder if Shanahan to the Redskins will be a done deal by the end of the day.

Cable met with Al Davis today, his job security was not a topic, and Cable expects to be back and is acting as such. They meet again next Monday. Most still expect Cable to be fired at some point during the offseason. I think Davis is probably still just preparing his case to fire him with cause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts