NFL coaches that are out the DOOR!!

There's a lot of Marty Schottenheimer to Buffalo talk this afternoon.

Schefter said that it looks like Cowher may not return this year, and others say he really wants the job in Carolina.

The other rumor today is Mike Leach to the Raiders.

I wonder if Shanahan to the Redskins will be a done deal by the end of the day.
i actually like marty in buffalo more than cowher but i don't see either happening. marty has shown no signs of coming back to coaching even though i like him a lot as a head coach. many will ridicule his playoff record but the guy is a solid coach. maybe being too conservative at times might be a cause for his not so great playoff record. shanny will happen as long as snyder gives shany some power beyond the head coaching position.if that happens then this will be a done deal real soon. i also heard today that mike leach could also be another possibility for the bills.

i actually like marty in buffalo more than cowher but i don't see either happening. marty has shown no signs of coming back to coaching even though i like him a lot as a head coach. many will ridicule his playoff record but the guy is a solid coach. maybe being too conservative at times might be a cause for his not so great playoff record. shanny will happen as long as snyder gives shany some power beyond the head coaching position.if that happens then this will be a done deal real soon. i also heard today that mike leach could also be another possibility for the bills.

Yeah I like Marty a lot, I wish him luck wherever he goes and will root for any team he coaches, I haven't read any of the rumor articles about it but it surprises me his name has been brought up.

Lovie smith should be out the door too!
lovie is a great defensive coach but not that great as a head coach despite of taking the bears to the SB a few years ago. if he had a great off coord that might help but who's the off coord there anyway? lovie seems like a very nice person

From PFT, Bears expected to announce Lovie will be returning for next season. The canceled press conference today will be held tomorrow instead, some ideas of what's coming from PFT:

First, offensive coordinator Ron Turner will be fired, possibly along with the rest of the offensive staff.

Second, we're told that Smith could be losing defensive play-calling duties, with the duties falling to defensive line coach/assistant head coach Rod Marinelli.

USC offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates could be a candidate to replace Turner, given that Bates tutored quarterback Jay Cutler during his time with the Broncos.

Also Bucs coach Raheem Morris will be back for next year as well.

Cable met with Al Davis today, his job security was not a topic, and Cable expects to be back and is acting as such. They meet again next Monday. Most still expect Cable to be fired at some point during the offseason. I think Davis is probably still just preparing his case to fire him with cause.

I think they will retain Cable for next year. He did what he could with what he had. NOW, will Davis like the fact that his man-crush man guy JaMarcus Russell was benched after paying him millions....I doubt it. BUT, benching him DID produce victories....and in the end, that is the bottom line.

...OK, let' me re-phrase....I would say it's 50-50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts