NFL Draft Coverage

That's good to hear that it will be shown in HD... and for full coverage of those of us that won't be by a TV, Colin Cowherd will be covering it from Radio City Music Hall from 3-9pm. Just wanted to make sure you had all your bases covered.

That's good to hear that it will be shown in HD... and for full coverage of those of us that won't be by a TV, Colin Cowherd will be covering it from Radio City Music Hall from 3-9pm. Just wanted to make sure you had all your bases covered.

Glad to see it's in HD , but the feed to other locations probably will not be in HD ....

Players homes, Teams war rooms ect. maybe, maybe not .

Jimbo

Two more days till the Draft fellas! Even though my Brownies don't pick until the 4th round (#122 overall), I am still excited.

Paul, Kiper's latest Mock has Detroit picking RB, Rashard Mendenhall. That kid is a flat out stud. If he falls to you, that would be a great pick!

Kiper has the Brown's picking CB Jack Williams from Kent State University! With Josh Cribbs (also KSU alumn), we may have the inside scoop on a unexpected star from the Mid-American Conference Player!

I agree that he is an exciting RB, until he gets to Detroit. Nobody can run behind that joke of an offensive line. Our offensive line is offensive.:rolleyes: We have higher priorities - like defense. worst in the league- gave up more points and yards than anybody in the league. See as O-line and D-line should be the priority, expect Millen to draft Mendenhall or Stewart (from Oregon). It's a good thing this draft is light on WR's.....These guys will never figure it out. What's the point of draftying a RB when there isn't anybody to block for him? Why score 24 points a game, when you're giving up 40+ a game? HD MM, I'm sure you are in complete agreement. Look what you're Browns have done, by improving your O-line.

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!!!

I agree that he is an exciting RB, until he gets to Detroit. Nobody can run behind that joke of an offensive line. Our offensive line is offensive.:rolleyes: We have higher priorities - like defense. worst in the league- gave up more points and yards than anybody in the league. See as O-line and D-line should be the priority, expect Millen to draft Mendenhall or Stewart (from Oregon). It's a good thing this draft is light on WR's.....These guys will never figure it out. What's the point of draftying a RB when there isn't anybody to block for him? Why score 24 points a game, when you're giving up 40+ a game? HD MM, I'm sure you are in complete agreement. Look what you're Browns have done, by improving your O-line.

I agree Paul. I have a theory with teams that continue to have high draft picks: Year after year they select the best available player instead of drafting a player who would be best for their teams' need.

Actually Paul, I think in this case Mendanhaul is the right call, seeing the let Jones go and Duckett, they really NEED a top notch RB, there is talk that he's as good as Peterson.

Lions have traded thier 15th pick with KC and dropped down to 17th and wiil still be able to get the RB they need....

As it turns out, they took a OT that I have never heard of from Boston College .....
I think there were alot of others that rated higher.

Typical Millen .... btw, they got an extra 5th rd pick for trading with KC.

Jimbo

Actually Paul, I think in this case Mendanhaul is the right call, seeing the let Jones go and Duckett, they really NEED a top notch RB, there is talk that he's as good as Peterson.

Lions have traded thier 15th pick with KC and dropped down to 17th and wiil still be able to get the RB they need....

As it turns out, they took a OT that I have never heard of from Boston College .....
I think there were alot of others that rated higher.

Typical Millen .... btw, they got an extra 5th rd pick for trading with KC.

Jimbo

Millen must have read my memo - sorry Jimbo, but OT was the way to go. Time will tell whether this kid is any good. Some had him rated as high as the third best at his position. Nice size, and more importantly, he fills a glaring need. I thought the trade was a good trade - they also moved up to the 66th pick in the 3rd round. A couple of good RB's may still be available then. Don't know anything about the LB they selected in the 2nd rd. Maybe somebody familiar with Colorado"s program can fill me in. I never heard of him. The Lions will be looking for some defensive line help tomorrow.

Jake Long will be able to pass protect for Chad Henne a little while longer as they both made their way to Miami. I can see it now Henne throws a TD pass to Ted Ginn Jr. :eek: Who would have thought that would ever happen after their battles over the past few years.

steelers selected a running back????? am I wrong to think that we should have gone for a lineman?

This surprised me too, but they had talked of taking Johnathan Stewart earlier, so a RB was in thier plans, I think of the RB's , Mendenhaul will be MUCH better than Stewart.

Yes, they should have taken a O lineman, or a D Lineman, but seeing they didn't, this was a good choice :up

2nd round they took Limas Sweed, WR out of Texas .....

That pick REALLY surprised me, still no line help.

Jimbo

This surprised me too, but they had talked of taking Johnathan Stewart earlier, so a RB was in thier plans, I think of the RB's , Mendenhaul will be MUCH better than Stewart.

Yes, they should have taken a O lineman, or a D Lineman, but seeing they didn't, this was a good choice :up

2nd round they took Limas Sweed, WR out of Texas .....

That pick REALLY surprised me, still no line help.

Jimbo

and some of the talking heads are saying steelers had one of the best first and second rounds...I am confused, dont get me wrong we got stud of players, I just dont know how you are going to run with no line.

and some of the talking heads are saying steelers had one of the best first and second rounds...I am confused, dont get me wrong we got stud of players, I just dont know how you are going to run with no line.

Steelers did get one O lineman : Tony Hills from Texas as well as a few LB's and a saftey.
Also, Dennis Dixon QB from Oregon was picked by the Steelers, maybe to back up Roethlesberger ?
Could he be the next multi position player for the Steelers, like Slash, or to take the role Antwain Randle El had ???

Surprised they didn't go for more linemen, but same can be said about the Lions.

Jimbo

Brown's had a great draft!

1st Round- QB: Brady Quinn (Remember we traded this year's #1 to Dallas to move up and get Quinn after we already selected Joe Thomas with our first round pick last year).
2nd Round- DT: Corey Williams (Traded #2 pick to Green Bay for Williams).
3rd Round- DT: Shaun Rogers (Traded #3 pick to Detroit for Rogers).
4th Round- ILB: Beau Bell (UNLV)
4th Round- TE: Martin Rucker (Missouri)
6th Round- DT: Ahtyba Rubin (Iowa St.)
6th Round- WR: Paul Hubbard (Wisconsin)
7th Round- DE: Alex Hall (St. Augustine)

Welll you did get Joe Thomas, anyhow.;) Good luck with Rogers. How long is Quinn going to be on the bench?

Quinn would easily be ranked ahead of any of the QB's coming out of this year's or next years class, so as far as value is concerned, we definitely maxed out. He's insurance if Derek Anderson falters. If DA proves to be our man, Quinn will be a highly sought after FA. Our return should be great.

Quinn would easily be ranked ahead of any of the QB's coming out of this year's or next years class, so as far as value is concerned, we definitely maxed out. He's insurance if Derek Anderson falters. If DA proves to be our man, Quinn will be a highly sought after FA. Our return should be great.

I will agree that he is better than anybody in this year's class, don't know about next year, yet. Still was a big price for a bench warmer though.

I will agree that he is better than anybody in this year's class, don't know about next year, yet. Still was a big price for a bench warmer though.

Yeah, it's amusing looking back with today's hindsight.....

Had we known our 2nd string waiver wire QB, Derek Anderson, would have taken over the starting role and produce a Pro-Bowl season, I'm sure the Brown's would've kept their '08 #1 pick and selected RB's Felix Jones/Rashard Mendenhall.

Can you imagine that offensive with our line?! :eek:

QB- Derek Anderson
RB- Jamal Lewis/ Jones or Mendenhall
WR1- Braylon Edwards
WR2- Donte Stallworth
WR2- Joe Jurevicius
TE- Kellen Winslow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)