NFL Schedule Released Today

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
DBSForums member who heard that some of you guys are posting here.

Anyway,

today they announce the official 2008 schedule.

Once it's released and we can get a link, maybe we could give our thoughts on certain games?

From what I've seen, my Steelers do have a tough season.

I like no more than 9-10 games at once for the morning games from what I've seen so far. Makes it easy to watch on each of the 10 TV's. Early season split is especially nice between morning and afternoon games. Usually week 2 is heavy in the morning games.

New England patriots are going to play 5 times this upcoming year prime time :) (night games)
Looks like our games will be shown on national tv more than anyone else's :)
Which is great!

Out of 17 games I get to see 7 of them this year without ST+SF.
Decision decision...just going to be hard not following them for the other 10 weeks.
I may not resubscribe to ST. 10 games for 300$+ its very expensive.

Last edited:
New England patriots are going to play 5 times this upcoming year prime time :) (night games)
Which is great!

Decision decision...just going to be hard not following them for the other 10 weeks.

Not so quick IceWolf, my Brown's also have 5 prime-time games! (3 Monday Nights, 1 Sunday Night and 1 Thursday Night). Plus, we are the only team besides the Packers to have 3 Monday Night Games! :eek: Brown's fan's are obviously rejoicing at this long deserved respect! Kudos to the schedule makers. We have a tough, yet compelling schedule. This season is going to be great!

Cleveland Brown's '08 Schedule:

9/7 vs DAL 4:15 PM
9/14 vs PIT 8:15 PM <- Sunday Night
9/21 @ BAL 4:15 PM
9/28 @ CIN 1:00 PM
10/5 BYE
10/12 vs. NYG 8:15 PM <- Monday Night
10/19 @ WAS 4:15 PM
10/26 @ JAX 4:05
11/2 vs. BAL 1 PM
11/6 vs DEN 8:15 PM <- Thursday Night
11/17 @ BUF 8:15 PM <- Monday Night
11/23 vs. HOU 1:00 PM
11/30 vs IND 1:00 PM
12/7 @ TEN 1:00 PM
12/15 @ PHL 8:45 PM <- Monday Night
12/21 vs CIN
12/28 @ PIT 1 PM

Which is great!

5 National games ? This makes up for the supposive lack of coverage they recieved last year.
Also I think I saw the Browns AND Steelers were both on PT 5 times as well this year.

Jimbo

Not so quick IceWolf, my Brown's also have 5 prime-time games! (3 Monday Nights, 1 Sunday Night and 1 Thursday Night). Plus, we are the only team besides the Packers to have 3 Monday Night Games! :eek: Brown's fan's are obviously rejoicing at this long deserved respect! Kudos to the schedule makers. We have a tough, yet compelling schedule. This season is going to be great!

10/5 BYE
11/2 vs. BAL 1 PM
12/21 vs CIN
12/28 @ PIT 1 PM

Finally finally finally the Browns get some luv on the sked! Last year they got screwed out of HD games on ST. This is going to be good this year. Colts gotta come to Cleveland. Oh yes babi! Payback time for seating your starters in that final game! Oh yeah....we dont forget in Cleveland....We str8 Nightmare! :eek:

The NFL Network modified their prime time schedule this year. Last year they started on Thanksgiving and had five Thursday games (Weeks 12-16) and three Saturday night games (Weeks 15-17).

This year, the NFL Network starts three weeks before Thanksgiving and has seven Thursday games (Weeks 10-16) and only one Saturday game (Week 16).

I really do not like this schedule as it directly competes against college football on Thursday night for the entire month of November and has prime time openings after college football has ended (December 13 and 27), although it is looking like the Champs Sports Bowl could be played in prime time on December 27 which would be a good Big Ten vs. ACC matchup.

10/5 BYE
11/2 vs. BAL 1 PM
12/21 vs CIN
12/28 @ PIT 1 PM

Lets hope they keep up thier end of the bargain ...

Do they even need to?

Look at some of their opponents- they're so easy, they don't need to!

your right, alot of their opponents are easy to beat and they shouldnt need to videotape anyone this year, seems like the NFL wants them to go 16-0 again. :( at least make it some what of a challenge they are a good team and can beat decent teams.

The Bears are scheduled to have five prime time games also (3 Sunday Night, 1 Monday Night and 1 Thursday Night) although one of the Sunday games is a flex schedule games vs. Minnesota.

The NFL Network modified their prime time schedule this year. Last year they started on Thanksgiving and had five Thursday games (Weeks 12-16) and three Saturday night games (Weeks 15-17).

This year, the NFL Network starts three weeks before Thanksgiving and has seven Thursday games (Weeks 10-16) and only one Saturday game (Week 16).

I really do not like this schedule as it directly competes against college football on Thursday night for the entire month of November and has prime time openings after college football has ended (December 13 and 27), although it is looking like the Champs Sports Bowl could be played in prime time on December 27 which would be a good Big Ten vs. ACC matchup.

Lets hope they picked good games or they (NFL NETWORK) will find very low ratings going up against big college football games.
Also the fact that the College games will be on National Networks vs the NFL net.

Jimbo

I will be making 3 nice road trips and 2 flights to see my Raiders. Road trip to Atlanta and to Tampa Bay....and a quick 20 minute drive north on the Florida Turnpike to Dolphin Stadium and flights to Buffalo(family lives an hour away) and to Oakland for the New England game.

Not bad for a guy living 3000 miles away from his favorite football team!:D:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)