NFL Schedule Released Today

Are we not talking about NFL here? yeah Cleveland is a great AFL team, but not NFL. and as Jimbo said I only follow what I know since I have watched ( I am 26) but let me put it to you this way, just because you have great players in the hall of fame, and in your history dosent mean you are a great team or storied franchise or deserve Television rights....also your Browns backers, I know a couple of them and the only reason they do it is to get drunk, its another excuse to go to a bar and get loud...yeah they like the team, but they are more there for the beer......also I will say this to set the record straight! I love the Cleveland Browns they are my favorite team....and when they come back let me know, because to me the browns Died when they moved to baltimore...I am talking SMASH MOUTH no holds barred football, not this crap they have in there now, yeah Jamal Lewis is smash mouth, but no one else, I just cant root for them.

Stu, I am 26 also, but "storied" often refers to the past. As long as they donned the name "Browns" and wore the traditional Brown and Orange, I will consider all statistics.

The Brown's were in the AAFC prior to 1950 and the NFL beginning in 1950. The AAFC dissolved because of the Brown's dominance. Once they joined the NFL, they won the Championship the 1st year and 4 all together. Again, the "NFL" didn't begin in 1967 (the first year of the Super Bowl).

I'll leave you with this famous quote from Sophia Loren....

“I've never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don't understand people who hide from their past. Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now.”

Stu, I am 26 also, but "storied" often refers to the past. As long as they donned the name "Browns" and wore the traditional Brown and Orange, I will consider all statistics.

The Brown's were in the AAFC prior to 1950 and the NFL beginning in 1950. The AAFC dissolved because of the Brown's dominance. Once they joined the NFL, they won the Championship the 1st year and 4 all together. Again, the "NFL" didn't begin in 1967 (the first year of the Super Bowl).

“I've never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don't understand people who hide from their past. Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now.”

Then shouldn't we be talking about the Ravens? ;) Just kidding I know that the Browns retained all old stats.

havent studied it but I heard the steelers have the hardest schedule, the patriots the easiest if thats true, I am Ticked off.

Yup, easy for the Pats, particularly the week they play the Steelers ;) :D

I was hoping the Denver Broncos would be playing either the Rams, Bears, or Colts (all within driving distance from the new home, but not meant to be this year).

Yup, easy for the Pats, particularly the week they play the Steelers ;) :D

I was hoping the Denver Broncos would be playing either the Rams, Bears, or Colts (all within driving distance from the new home, but not meant to be this year).

ouch, I thought you were a friend :) I hope the steelers make for some good games this year, I just see us struggling for a couple years...I hope I am wrong.

Ahh With Cleveland it will always be stories ;) when I said AFL, I meant the AAFC...but anywhoo, We will see what happens and if the Browns Deserve respect, I hope you are man enough to admit the browns have choked when they should have had big years.

Ahh With Cleveland it will always be stories ;) when I said AFL, I meant the AAFC...but anywhoo, We will see what happens and if the Browns Deserve respect, I hope you are man enough to admit the browns have choked when they should have had big years.

Sure the Brown's have lost out on some great opportunities, I'll admit that. However I see no reason to betray my hometown team and jump on an out of town team bandwagon. When we do win, it'll be all the more satisfying.

Um.........

Something definitely isn't right with these two statements. Please feel free to explain.

yeah, you must work for the media somewhere :) if you want to quote everything I wrote it was talking about how I was a fan of the Browns BEFORE they left, since they have come back they are not the same and I never liked them when they came back...I like smash mouth football and found myself liking the steelers when the browns left, and actually decided I like them more when the steelers where 6-10 so I will shut that Front Runner talk down before it starts :) by the way I showed my brother in law your avatar and he said you post on the CBS sportsline website for the Browns alot, I was trying to show off that pic, I love it! go tribe :D

yeah, you must work for the media somewhere :) if you want to quote everything I wrote it was talking about how I was a fan of the Browns BEFORE they left, since they have come back they are not the same and I never liked them when they came back...I like smash mouth football and found myself liking the steelers when the browns left, and actually decided I like them more when the steelers where 6-10 so I will shut that Front Runner talk down before it starts :) by the way I showed my brother in law your avatar and he said you post on the CBS sportsline website for the Browns alot, I was trying to show off that pic, I love it! go tribe :D

Ugh. That's like your wife going away on vacation and falling in love with the next door neighbor! Shame on you! :D

Also, I've never posted on CBS sportsline before. Musta been someone else. My avatar is an actual photo of former Indian Oscar Gamble. He played for the Tribe from 1973-1975 as a outfielder/DH.

Here's a few more photo's for your pleasure....

8e_1_b-1.jpg

1984ToppsGamble.jpg

1976ToppsTradedGamble.jpg

oscar.jpg

I think I found my New favorite player!!!!

just to set record straight, my #1 team cleveland browns pre-move, my #1 favorite active team, the steelers, go figure, I think my Head spins trying to wrap up why I like the steelers now, even I dont know sometimes :) But I do. Steeler nation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)