NFL Schedule Released Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Good thing I'll have NFL ST, since my team will be broadcast here likely only 3 times (49ers.) I think their schedule is a little rough given their record this past year. I mean the Pats, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Saints, Redskins.... of course if they knock out some of those teams that would be pretty sweet. Hopefully Alex Smith won't get injured and Gore will not s*ck this year.

Not so quick IceWolf, my Brown's also have 5 prime-time games! (3 Monday Nights, 1 Sunday Night and 1 Thursday Night). Plus, we are the only team besides the Packers to have 3 Monday Night Games! :eek: Brown's fan's are obviously rejoicing at this long deserved respect! Kudos to the schedule makers. We have a tough, yet compelling schedule. This season is going to be great!

I can understand your giddiness, but to say this respect is "long deserved" is a bit exaggerated. Your records the three seasons previous to last year were 4-12, 6-10, and 4-12. Those records are not conducive to getting any national games, which they appropriately did not last year.

And I think 5 is too many for a team that didn't even make the playoffs. But that is good news. It gives my friends in Columbus the ability to see more Bengals games.

All that said, the AFC North is going to take a beating this year. We all have very tough schedules.

I can understand your giddiness, but to say this respect is "long deserved" is a bit exaggerated. Your records the three seasons previous to last year were 4-12, 6-10, and 4-12. Those records are not conducive to getting any national games, which they appropriately did not last year.

And I think 5 is too many for a team that didn't even make the playoffs. But that is good news. It gives my friends in Columbus the ability to see more Bengals games.

All that said, the AFC North is going to take a beating this year. We all have very tough schedules.

The Brown's are one of the most storied franchises in all of Football. The fact that they're turning things around and playing competitive and exciting football, YES they do deserve the attention they will get this year.

Who is Carson Palmer going to throw to this year btw?? :D

Good question. In case you didn't know, I would think that most all Bengals fans hate #85 now. I know that gives you opponents even more reason to laugh, but at least I can say for myself I have never liked the guy or his silly antics. I root for him, but only because he plays for my team.

Losing Crips Henry is the real killer (another reason for you to laugh--go ahead). At least he was clutch. Chad Johnson rarely makes key plays, especially against our division opponents. Most of his TDs come on first down in the first quarter.

TJ and Ben Utecht ain't gonna cut it. But they say WR's are a dime a dozen. We'll see.

I will be making 3 nice road trips and 2 flights to see my Raiders. Road trip to Atlanta and to Tampa Bay....and a quick 20 minute drive north on the Florida Turnpike to Dolphin Stadium and flights to Buffalo(family lives an hour away) and to Oakland for the New England game.

Not bad for a guy living 3000 miles away from his favorite football team!:D:up
Hey man if you want to Eat well and check out the Bay let's hook up. We alway's tail gate and we sit in the BlackHOLE!! RAIIIIIDERS!!

Attachments

• raidernation4by.jpg
    raidernation4by.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 86

The Brown's are one of the most storied franchises in all of Football. The fact that they're turning things around and playing competitive and exciting football, YES they do deserve the attention they will get this year.

You are correct, they do deserve some attention this year, but like Ramy said, you didn't deserve it based on your past receint record.
You are getting the love do to LAST years record.

Each team plays another division, plus thier own division twice, so that equals 10 games that are already accounted for, the NFL use to have a good team play a tough schedule the next year and a lousy team play a weaker schedule, so bad teams could get better quicker, appearently not any more.

NE seems to play the schedule that the LIONS should play, after going 16-0 you would think they would play a tough out of conference schedule.

Actually after looking closer at the NE schedule, they play thier own division and the NFC WEST I think, KC, Denver, Oakland and SD, these are predetermined.

Then they have the rest of thier tough schedule the NFL saw fit to give them to play.
San Fran, St. Louis, Pittsburgh Seattle, Arizona, Indy.

So NE could go 13-3, 14-2 ..... This is not counting on any up and coming teams that pop up from year to year.

Jimbo

So the way I see it, (and it's a long way to football season now), they have 1 tough game in their predetermined schedule ( SD) and 2 tough ones in the games that the NFL determines (Pittsburgh and Indy)... The rest is pretty easy.

Looks like the opening week and the bye week are the only breaks the Steelers get this year.

They play their 6 in the AFC North, then play the AFC South (Indy, Jacksonville, Tenessee and Houston.)
Then their extra games include : Philly, NY Giants, Washington and Dallas ...
And NEW ENGLAND and SAN DIEGO for good measure.

What a schedule, thanks NFL, if the Steelers make the playoffs , look out, it should be a cakewalk, seeing they've already played everyone ....

The undefeated team and the SB champs don't play schedules like this.

Jimbo

Looks like the opening week and the bye week are the only breaks the Steelers get this year.

They play their 6 in the AFC North, then play the AFC South (Indy, Jacksonville, Tenessee and Houston.)
Then their extra games include : Philly, NY Giants, Washington and Dallas ...
And NEW ENGLAND and SAN DIEGO for good measure.

What a schedule, thanks NFL, if the Steelers make the playoffs , look out, it should be a cakewalk, seeing they've already played everyone ....

The undefeated team and the SB champs don't play schedules like this.

Jimbo

waw waw waw! ;)

And who are Cleveland's games outside of the division ?

What happens when the Browns open the season 3-4 ?

Their schedule looks like an 8-8 year ahead.

Jimbo

Besides the NFC East.....

Jacksonville
Denver
Buffalo
Houston
Indy
Tennessee

Not exactly a cake walk either. Both the Browns and Steelers have tough schedules this year. I wouldn't be surprised if 8 games won the division next year.

Besides the NFC East.....

Jacksonville
Denver
Buffalo
Houston
Indy
Tennessee

Not exactly a cake walk either. Both the Browns and Steelers have tough schedules this year. I wouldn't be surprised if 8 games won the division next year.

It better not win the division.

That will be a very sad year for the division if thats the case.

Jimbo

It better not win the division.

That will be a very sad year for the division if thats the case.

Jimbo

10-6 won the division last year (Steeler's won by tiebreaker) and the AFC North played the NFC West! The reason why I can see 8-9 wins winning the division is since this year's schedule is a lot tougher.

You are correct, they do deserve some attention this year, but like Ramy said, you didn't deserve it based on your past receint record.
You are getting the love do to LAST years record.

Each team plays another division, plus thier own division twice, so that equals 10 games that are already accounted for, the NFL use to have a good team play a tough schedule the next year and a lousy team play a weaker schedule, so bad teams could get better quicker, appearently not any more.

NE seems to play the schedule that the LIONS should play, after going 16-0 you would think they would play a tough out of conference schedule.

Actually after looking closer at the NE schedule, they play thier own division and the NFC WEST I think, KC, Denver, Oakland and SD, these are predetermined.

Then they have the rest of thier tough schedule the NFL saw fit to give them to play.
San Fran, St. Louis, Pittsburgh Seattle, Arizona, Indy.

So NE could go 13-3, 14-2 ..... This is not counting on any up and coming teams that pop up from year to year.

Jimbo

So the way I see it, (and it's a long way to football season now), they have 1 tough game in their predetermined schedule ( SD) and 2 tough ones in the games that the NFL determines (Pittsburgh and Indy)... The rest is pretty easy.

What's the difference? The Lions aren't going to the playoffs even if they played Oakland and Miami 16 times.

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

What's the difference? The Lions aren't going to the playoffs even if they played Oakland and Miami 16 times.

But the '08 draft is right around the corner! An infusion of new talent and hope is sure to be instilled within the Lion's team this year, right?!

I can hear it now.........

"With the 15th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select WR Devin Thomas from Michigan State"! And the funny thing is, Millen is probably considering this pick! Lol!

Maybe they should try that for the really bad teams.
If the three played one another ALL season, maybe then the could make the playoffs, (maybe Not) but if they did make it, you never know with Wild Card teams :D

Jimbo

I gotta jump on this one here. the browns are only a storied franchise to people inside of cleveland, trust me I know I live there....Clevelanders think that the browns deserve respect and deserve monday night games when in all reality they choke, year after year....Now this year could be different, but I have said that in the past as well..but I figure you will probably split the season series with the ol steel City boys as you do have a decent team, lets hope that none of our star players decide to ride a bike and we should be in a for a decent season :)

I gotta jump on this one here. the browns are only a storied franchise to people inside of cleveland, trust me I know I live there....Clevelanders think that the browns deserve respect and deserve monday night games when in all reality they choke, year after year....Now this year could be different, but I have said that in the past as well..but I figure you will probably split the season series with the ol steel City boys as you do have a decent team, lets hope that none of our star players decide to ride a bike and we should be in a for a decent season :)

Stu, neighbor, please don't tell me that you're one of those who don't consider stats prior to the Super Bowl Era (1967)?

Let me remind once again the reason why the Cleveland Brown's ARE one of the most storied franchises in case you forgot....

*8 League Championships. (4 AAFC Championships- '46, '47, '48, '49 and 4 NFL Championships- '50, '54, '55, '64).

*The Brown's have the 4th largest number of players enshrined to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

*Some of the best players to lace 'em up were Cleveland Brown's including but not limited to: Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Paul Warfield, Lou Groza, Leroy Kelly and Ozzie Newsome.

*Jim Brown is considered by many to be the best Football player to play the game in it's storied history.

*Otto Graham was the winningest QB in the games history. Graham played 10 years and took the Browns to the Championship game every year of his career and won 7 of them!

*We have arguably the most loyal fans in the sport. The most prominent organized club of fans, the "Cleveland Brown's Backers", is considered the largest sports fan organization in the USA.

^ And that my friend are just a few examples on why your fellow Clevelanders and myself included think we "deserve" respect.

Stu, neighbor, please don't tell me that you're one of those who don't consider stats prior to the Super Bowl Era (1967)?

Let me remind once again the reason why the Cleveland Brown's ARE one of the most storied franchises in case you forgot....

*8 League Championships. (4 AAFC Championships- '46, '47, '48, '49 and 4 NFL Championships- '50, '54, '55, '64).

*The Brown's have the 4th largest number of players enshrined to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

*Some of the best players to lace 'em up were Cleveland Brown's including but not limited to: Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Paul Warfield, Lou Groza, Leroy Kelly and Ozzie Newsome.

*Jim Brown is considered by many to be the best Football player to play the game in it's storied history.

*Otto Graham was the winningest QB in the games history. Graham played 10 years and took the Browns to the Championship game every year of his career and won 7 of them!

*We have arguably the most loyal fans in the sport. The most prominent organized club of fans, the "Cleveland Brown's Backers", is considered the largest sports fan organization in the USA.

^ And that my friend are just a few examples on why your fellow Clevelanders and myself included think we "deserve" respect.

Personally I like to look at what the teams have done in MY lifetime.

I started following sports around '68 I guess ..... What have they done since then ?
btw, I was not born in '68 :p

Jimbo

Are we not talking about NFL here? yeah Cleveland is a great AFL team, but not NFL. and as Jimbo said I only follow what I know since I have watched ( I am 26) but let me put it to you this way, just because you have great players in the hall of fame, and in your history dosent mean you are a great team or storied franchise or deserve Television rights....also your Browns backers, I know a couple of them and the only reason they do it is to get drunk, its another excuse to go to a bar and get loud...yeah they like the team, but they are more there for the beer......also I will say this to set the record straight! I love the Cleveland Browns they are my favorite team....and when they come back let me know, because to me the browns Died when they moved to baltimore...I am talking SMASH MOUTH no holds barred football, not this crap they have in there now, yeah Jamal Lewis is smash mouth, but no one else, I just cant root for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)