Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
This will be the place for all our schedules for Sports.

What happened to the Sports Schedules ????
We made a thread for it and a sticky to boot, now we have NO schedules ?

Jimbo

Beats me. If nobody puts them in here it will be gone.

We were used to them having their own threads and not getting buried, but that was overruled here. Whatever, it's your forum, but it looks like they've unfortunately gone away for good.

People also came on and basically told the schedule posters their schedules were unnecessary, and to go to websites like hd sports guide instead. The posters take the time to sort out all of the games in a clear, concise way for us satellite dwellers to use every night, and then they're told it's not wanted.

I'll miss them, but I don't blame them for not coming to a place where they're not wanted. I suppose they've found a new home until their old home is back up and running, I just wish they would have told me where they went before they left!

Sandra

Just for kicks: (it is sort of accurate)

04-29-2008

7:05p EDT
Blue Jays (Rogers SportsNet) at Red Sox (NESN) EI 724 EIHD 724-1 MLB.TV EI 723
Mariners (FSN Northwest HD) EI 725 EIHD 725-1 at Indians (STO HD) EI 726 EIHD 726-1 MLB.TV
Rays (WXPX-66) at Orioles (MASN2) MLB.TV
Padres (4 San Diego HD) at Phillies (CN8(The Comcast Network)) MLB.TV EI 733 EIHD 732-1
Tigers (FSN Detroit/FSN Detroit Plus) EI 730 EIHD 730-1 at Yankees (YES) EI 731 EIHD 731-1 MLB.TV
7:10p EDT
Braves (SportSouth) EI 734 at Nationals (MASN) EI 735 MLB.TV
Dodgers (KCAL-9) at Marlins (FSN Florida HD) EI 727 EIHD 727-1 MLB.TV
Pirates at Mets (SNY) EI 729 EIHD 729-1 MLB.TV

8:05p EDT
Brewers (FSN Wisconsin HD) EI 736 EIHD 736-1 at Cubs (CSN Chicago) EI 737 EIHD 737-1 MLB.TV
Royals (FSN Midwest Alternate) EI 741 at Rangers (FSN Southwest HD) EI 742 EIHD 742-1 MLB.TV
8:10p EDT
White Sox (WCIU-26) at Twins (FSN North-Minnesota) EI 738 EIHD 738-1 MLB.TV
8:15p EDT
Reds (FSN Cincinnati) EI 739 at Cardinals (FSN Midwest) EI 740 EIHD 740-1 MLB.TV

9:40p EDT
Astros (FSN Houston) EI 743 at Diamondbacks (FSN Arizona) EI 744 EIHD 744-1 MLB.TV

10:05p EDT
Athletics (KICU-36) at Angels (FSN West) EI 745 EIHD 745-1 MLB.TV
10:15p EDT
Rockies (FSN Rocky Mountain) EI 746 at Giants (CSN Bay Area) EI 747 MLB.TV

Just for kicks: (it is sort of accurate)

04-29-2008

7:05p EDT
Blue Jays (Rogers SportsNet) at Red Sox (NESN) EI 724 EIHD 724-1 MLB.TV EI 723
Mariners (FSN Northwest HD) EI 725 EIHD 725-1 at Indians (STO HD) EI 726 EIHD 726-1 MLB.TV
Rays (WXPX-66) at Orioles (MASN2) MLB.TV
Padres (4 San Diego HD) at Phillies (CN8(The Comcast Network)) MLB.TV EI 733 EIHD 732-1
Tigers (FSN Detroit/FSN Detroit Plus) EI 730 EIHD 730-1 at Yankees (YES) EI 731 EIHD 731-1 MLB.TV
7:10p EDT
Braves (SportSouth) EI 734 at Nationals (MASN) EI 735 MLB.TV
Dodgers (KCAL-9) at Marlins (FSN Florida HD) EI 727 EIHD 727-1 MLB.TV
Pirates at Mets (SNY) EI 729 EIHD 729-1 MLB.TV

8:05p EDT
Brewers (FSN Wisconsin HD) EI 736 EIHD 736-1 at Cubs (CSN Chicago) EI 737 EIHD 737-1 MLB.TV
Royals (FSN Midwest Alternate) EI 741 at Rangers (FSN Southwest HD) EI 742 EIHD 742-1 MLB.TV
8:10p EDT
White Sox (WCIU-26) at Twins (FSN North-Minnesota) EI 738 EIHD 738-1 MLB.TV
8:15p EDT
Reds (FSN Cincinnati) EI 739 at Cardinals (FSN Midwest) EI 740 EIHD 740-1 MLB.TV

9:40p EDT
Astros (FSN Houston) EI 743 at Diamondbacks (FSN Arizona) EI 744 EIHD 744-1 MLB.TV

10:05p EDT
Athletics (KICU-36) at Angels (FSN West) EI 745 EIHD 745-1 MLB.TV
10:15p EDT
Rockies (FSN Rocky Mountain) EI 746 at Giants (CSN Bay Area) EI 747 MLB.TV

Thanks John! Poor HD MM....

Sandra

I never said that I didn't want them. It was just that out of the first 10 threads here, 7 of them were schedules and it wasn't looking very good.

I never said that I didn't want them. It was just that out of the first 10 threads here, 7 of them were schedules and it wasn't looking very good.

It wasn't you, IIRC you just said you'd like to see them lumped into the thread for that sport. The thing was, on the other board there were a lot of sports posts (some of them started by moi!), so the ratio of schedule posts to sports discussion was way below 7 out of 10. This was despite the fact that nobody there cared very much about the Detroit Tigers or Red Wings!

But other people here jumped on your bandwagon, and made some not so kind posts about the schedules. So the posters are now cluttering up somebody else's forum with their schedules.

The good news is, they just told me where they went! Yay!

Sandra

It wasn't you, IIRC you just said you'd like to see them lumped into the thread for that sport. The thing was, on the other board there were a lot of sports posts (some of them started by moi!), so the ratio of schedule posts to sports discussion was way below 7 out of 10. This was despite the fact that nobody there cared very much about the Detroit Tigers or Red Wings!

But other people here jumped on your bandwagon, and made some not so kind posts about the schedules. So the posters are now cluttering up somebody else's forum with their schedules.

The good news is, they just told me where they went! Yay!

Sandra

Sandra,
I think your taking this way to personal as is the person that was posting the schedules.
What many of us were saying (Ramy and I that I know of) is that it needs it's own thread.
Ramy gave the thread, even Stickied it so it would not get buried, and now it's not being used.

If the person(s) that were posting the schedules would like to post, they NOW have a place for them where they can be found quickly.
It is now an IDEAL situation for such a thing.

As Ramy mentioned though, if it's not going to be used, it will get removed.

I personally hope the poster comes back, I liked the posts, they were very good , just were placed in the wrong place is all.

Jimbo

Sandra,
I think your taking this way to personal as is the person that was posting the schedules.
What many of us were saying (Ramy and I that I know of) is that it needs it's own thread.
Ramy gave the thread, even Stickied it so it would not get buried, and now it's not being used.

If the person(s) that were posting the schedules would like to post, they NOW have a place for them where they can be found quickly.
It is now an IDEAL situation for such a thing.

As Ramy mentioned though, if it's not going to be used, it will get removed.

I personally hope the poster comes back, I liked the posts, they were very good , just were placed in the wrong place is all.

Jimbo

Well I don't want to speak for the schedule poster, although since he appears to have vacated the premises I suppose I have to. Before the new thread was created there were some derogatory posts made by HD MM and others about the need for schedules to be posted anywhere. People tend to not stay where they're not wanted.

Obviously I've stuck around for now, so I wasn't so offended. I would like to see more sports discussion, however.

Sandra

Well I don't want to speak for the schedule poster, although since he appears to have vacated the premises I suppose I have to. Before the new thread was created there were some derogatory posts made by HD MM and others about the need for schedules to be posted anywhere. People tend to not stay where they're not wanted.

Obviously I've stuck around for now, so I wasn't so offended. I would like to see more sports discussion, however.

Sandra

"Derogatory posts"??? :confused: Are you kidding me?! The cry-baby smilie was in response to you not being able to quit complaining about a subject that was already solved. It wasn't meant to be taken offensively! If anything it was to lighten the mood!

After Ramy made the request to keep the daily schedule threads to a minimum, I was the first to make the suggestion to start a separate schedule thread. These were my past comments on the subject. Far from "derogatory". I was actually trying to come up with a logical solution.......

Thanks for compiling this schedule.

Do we need a separate thread for each and every day? I agree having individual schedule threads makes navigating through the rest of the sports section rather difficult. We should continue to keep the schedule threads tucked within 1 thread. Maybe a compromise can be to create a "NBA Schedule" thread, which is separate from the "NBA 2007-2008 Season" thread? How does that sound?

Last edited:
"Derogatory posts"??? :confused: Are you kidding me?! The cry-baby smilie was in response to you not being able to quit complaining about a subject that was already solved. It wasn't meant to be taken offensively! If anything it was to lighten the mood!

After Ramy made the request to keep the daily schedule threads to a minimum, I was the first to make the suggestion to start a separate schedule thread. These were my past comments on the subject. Far from "derogatory". I was actually trying to come up with a logical solution.......

I didn't find the crybaby icon offensive. Not sure if it achieved your goal of lightening the mood, but I wasn't offended. It was when you suggested people go to hd sports guide instead of letting people post schedules. That was 'piling on'.

I think it was you who posted that but whatever, the schedules are gone, they're not coming back, so I suppose you can remove this thread entirely if you like.

I am willing to discuss general sports, however, if anyone is interested.

Sandra

Ok, if the person who posted the schedules is gone then I am closing this thread. If someone can get ahold of him I will reopen this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.