NFL Free Agents 2009

Mike Vrabel to KC ?

Hmmmm....
Personally I hate that deal.

I have a feeling it might include Matt Cassel in a later deal, that could send the 3rd overall pick and maybe a 4th/5th round pick. The Pats would clear 18million from their salary cap if theses guys both leave (14.6m+3.4m).

Vrabel is less about gas in the tank and more about having a signal caller on D IMO, Chiefs haven't had one for a little while, and Derrick Johnson hasn't become the one they hoped, thats one reason they'd brought Donnie Edwards back.

Vrabel is less about gas in the tank and more about having a signal caller on D IMO, Chiefs haven't had one for a little while, and Derrick Johnson hasn't become the one they hoped, thats one reason they'd brought Donnie Edwards back.

Good point ...
also the fact that Scott Peoli is now there I'm sure has something to do with it too.

Jimbo

i find this contract a bit ridiculous. to me this guy isn't worth this amount of money. even though Albert Haynesworth is the best at his position right now I also disagree with his triple digit contract. the redskins find themselves over paying again for players. Albert has a case for a high contract even though you could also make a case why you shouldn't offer him a $100 million dollar contract. What has Hall done in the last couple of years that merits what the skins are paying him now?

i find this contract a bit ridiculous. to me this guy isn't worth this amount of money. even though Albert Haynesworth is the best at his position right now I also disagree with his triple digit contract. the redskins find themselves over paying again for players. Albert has a case for a high contract even though you could also make a case why you shouldn't offer him a $100 million dollar contract. What has Hall done in the last couple of years that merits what the skins are paying him now?

Snyder is the Steinbrenner of the NFL ....
EVERY year he over pays for top FA's, this year is no different.

Jimbo

Not exactly- Steinbrenner has presided over six Yankee world titles; Snyder's Redskins have only played in five playoff games TOTAL under his ownership.

the point is what you done for me lately ;) lots of this $$$$$$ not enough wins

Broncos had about a half dozen FA visits since Free Agency started, and proceeded to sign ALL OF THEM!

Correl Buckhalter (RB-Eagles)
J.J. Arrington (RB-Cardinals)
Brian Dawkins (S-Eagles)
Jabar Gaffney (WR-Patriots)
Lonie Paxton (Long Snapper-Patriots)

And those are just the ones we've heard so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)