NFL Games on Thanksgiving- Your thoughts?

Doesn't matter if the Lions suck, them vs the Browns was one of the better games this year, just didnt mean much because they're not all that competitive otherwise.

As Denver and the Giants showed, two 'good' (i hesitate to call either team that, maybe marquee would be more appropriate?) teams can result in a bad game as well.

Only other reservations I have about the games would be their opponents. Sure Green Bay and Denver/NYG are worthy of the exposure, but they've got to stop giving Oakland the national stage to fail on for a bit.

Only other reservations I have about the games would be their opponents. Sure Green Bay and Denver/NYG are worthy of the exposure, but they've got to stop giving Oakland the national stage to fail on for a bit.

From what I have seen, Oakland has been on 3 national games......Bolts to start the season(a game they Raiders EASILY could have won), NYG(a game in which they got blown out) and the Eagles...in which they won....

Are we sure about that ???

They have about 10 winning seasons since '57, ok maybe 10 playoff appearances and have made it to the next round about ...... once ?
Playoffs? Lets not even go there. I'm just talking about a competitive game on Thanksgiving.

When the schedule is made a year in advance can anyone really predict what team will be competitive? The only thing Detroit has going for it is the T-day game. Leave tradition alone.

When the schedule is made a year in advance can anyone really predict what team will be competitive?

Excellent point.

In April, did anyone think the Bengals would be 8-3 and the Bears 4-7?

Most people would have thought those records would be reversed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts