NFL HD Voom

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Sean the schedule was previously stickied, but I was wondering what happened to the NFL VOom HD Schedule, and what is the word on when it's being activated?

Will they offer more than 1 hour HD recap of the game of the week? Or is this still unknown?

This will be my first football season with my HDTV, and I can't wait! So far, it sounds like almost all NFL games will be in HD (FOX, CBS, ABC, ESPN). Even if this NFL channel gets delayed, I should still be able to catch all the Ravens and Redskins games!

-John

I think there will be double the number of games in HD, some of your regional team broadcasts may still be in SD though. The other night CBS was airing the Panthers vs Pats in HD, but my local station showed the Fins game in SD, it was only preseason, so I hope during the regular season they get more HD.

Over 175 games planned in HD this season.

Regular Season HD Games scheduled:

* ABC Monday Night Football - 17 games, Wild Card Playoffs

* The NFL On CBS - 51 games, AFC Playoffs, AFC Championship
AVS Exclusive - 2004 NFL On CBS - 3 Games A Week In HDTV, Playoffs, presented by Sony

* ESPN HD Sunday Night Football - 17 games

* NFL On FOX - 97 games, NFC Playoffs, NFC Championship, 2005 Super Bowl

Of course, the big IF is Fox; whether or not your local station gets geared up in time.
Check this link for your favorite Fox channel. In Portland, Fox is trying to be operational by the HD kickoff, Sept 12th or 9th, whenever it is, but may not make it until the end of September.

If you fast forward the guide to the 12th I think you will notice some of the Game of the Week listings again, which is a bummer, I was hoping that the HD would show more than 1 game, like a 1 or 2 day delay HD broadcast of earlier games that week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts