NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

Dish has the ESPN suite, the new college conference channels, NBCSN (including Live Extra and Extra Time), FS1, FS2, NFL, NBA, MLB, bein Sport, and most RSNs except the NY ones. Up to just now, they also had NFL Network and Redzone, which may still be around once the season starts. Is the sky really falling?

Not to mention they have Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, and Center Ice. With the RSN's being put to almost full-time, there has been very little, if any, sporting events on the RSN's being JIP or not in HD anymore.

Reactions: satjay and Tampa8
Just called a few minutes ago to cancel service because of the lack of NFL Network for the last 4+ weeks. Reading around it did not seem like there was an end in sight to them working out a new contract.

The Dish rep stated this will be resolved before the beginning of the football season. I told them i still wanted to schedule a cancellation date due to me being told they will work it out "within a few days" over a month ago.

So the rep them offered me the free multi sports pack for a year and $20 off my bill for 3 months. I still said this would not be enough so i inquired about the new hopper as well and if i could get it free and without signing up for a new contract. Surprisingly she said yes to the no contract part since i have been with dish for so many years.

So in the end I got..
- 1 year free multi-sports pack
- $20 a month off for 3 months
- New Hopper with no new contract for free.

With the free multi-sports pack i may just drop my package down from 200 to 120. The only reason i had 200 was for the NFL network for the most part, couple of other channels but nothing else worth paying the extra $15-$20 a month now for.

Just called a few minutes ago to cancel service because of the lack of NFL Network for the last 4+ weeks. Reading around it did not seem like there was an end in sight to them working out a new contract.

The Dish rep stated this will be resolved before the beginning of the football season. I told them i still wanted to schedule a cancellation date due to me being told they will work it out "within a few days" over a month ago.

So the rep them offered me the free multi sports pack for a year and $20 off my bill for 3 months. I still said this would not be enough so i inquired about the new hopper as well and if i could get it free and without signing up for a new contract. Surprisingly she said yes to the no contract part since i have been with dish for so many years.

So in the end I got..
- 1 year free multi-sports pack
- $20 a month off for 3 months
- New Hopper with no new contract for free.

With the free multi-sports pack i may just drop my package down from 200 to 120. The only reason i had 200 was for the NFL network for the most part, couple of other channels but nothing else worth paying the extra $15-$20 a month now for.
Squeaky wheel gets oiled.:biggrin l learned that years ago.

Squeaky wheel gets oiled.:biggrin l learned that years ago.

I have been known to call every few months looking for a deal :) But this time i was pretty serious about canceling actually. I knew the new hopper was free for me already as i had two installs that were borked early this year due to bonehead operations on their part (IMO) and a new commitment/contract was required. This time no contract which i was surprised at. So if NFL network is not back within 3 months I will probably switch providers.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I was surprised at the no contract too. Meaning that may have been lip service and you still might get locked into a contract.

The installer that shows up won't know anything about the 'no contract' and then the fun starts. :)

True the installer wont know about the no contract part but it will be noted in the retention reps notes if he calls in to inquire. Same thing happened to my upgrade and also my parents. We were both told not to sign the agreement that talks about the commitment. This prompted both installers to call and inquire. Both times the installer was told that yes customer is to NOT sign the agreement. I called on both our accounts after 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year to make sure we were not under contract.

True the installer wont know about the no contract part but it will be noted in the retention reps notes if he calls in to inquire. Same thing happened to my upgrade and also my parents. We were both told not to sign the agreement that talks about the commitment. This prompted both installers to call and inquire. Both times the installer was told that yes customer is to NOT sign the agreement. I called on both our accounts after 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year to make sure we were not under contract.

Good to know, I probably would have just signed any paper he had if he didn't mention a commitment contract. I imagine I should tell him I was told no contract right when he arrives correct?

Good to know, I probably would have just signed any paper he had if he didn't mention a commitment contract. I imagine I should tell him I was told no contract right when he arrives correct?

That is what i did and what my parents did. In both cases we were presented with the paperwork after the work was done. My parents tech was an actual dish guy. Mine was a local retailer that dish sent out

I'm a member of fantasy football forum, while discussing Redzone our #1 source to watch fantasy players it was mentioned Dish most likely will be cut off altogether or ingest a huge increase for RZ fees this year and going forward. Apparently Directv has vigorously complained about competition having cheap Redzone packages which limit Sunday Ticket subs.. Maybe our cheap RZ days have come to an end.

I'm a member of fantasy football forum, while discussing Redzone our #1 source to watch fantasy players it was mentioned Dish most likely will be cut off altogether or ingest a huge increase for RZ fees this year and going forward. Apparently Directv has vigorously complained about competition having cheap Redzone packages which limit Sunday Ticket subs.. Maybe our cheap RZ days have come to an end.
Directv has offered me their Red Zone at no cost without NFL ST in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 season.

As they have with many others of their customers that don't want NFL ST

I really don't think Directv gives a crap about Dish, or Cable offering the Red Zone channel.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

With ATT owning Direct, you can be sure the pricing will go up. Just look at Uverse pricing. Even for new customers, Uverse only offers a short term discount and then zooms up higher than even cable. Plus Uverse quality here sucks.

Directv has offered me their Red Zone at no cost without NFL ST in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 season.

As they have with many others of their customers that don't want NFL ST

I really don't think Directv gives a crap about Dish, or Cable offering the Red Zone channel.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Providing Red Zone to existing DTV subs still keeps them as subs. I bet they are most definitely concerned about the other providers offering a similar Red Zone channel for much less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
Providing Red Zone to existing DTV subs still keeps them as subs. I bet they are most definitely concerned about the other providers offering a similar Red Zone channel for much less.

Well Dish doesn't carry NFL or RED ZONE so again don't think Directv cares.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It is important to note that NFL RedZone provided by the NFL Channel is not the same RedZone Channel that DirecTV has. They have similar programming but different hosts. NFL Red Zone is provided by many other TV providers including Dish and numerous cable providers.

The point I was trying to make is that any version of a "Red Zone" channel that could potentially lure subs away from Sunday Ticket would be something that DTV execs would most certainly care about. I realize they are different, but the similar programming could suffice for those who feel NFLST is over-priced. Those same people may still opt pay that price if there were no other alternatives however, like a cheaper red zone channel.

The majority of the reason people subscribe to NFL ST is to get their Favorite team which they would not get locally.
While Red Zone is a nice Feature, It's certainly a poor substitute for following your favorite team.

It's not wise to even compare ST to Red Zone.
And less than 10% of Directv customers subscribe to NFL ST.
The fact that Directv never offered a version of Red Zone like Dish and Cable ever, Didn't hurt them one bit, since customers aren't leaving Directv to go find the Stand alone Red Zone Channel.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts