NFL Network Leaving AT100 Package

Looking at the info I have Big 10 Network is available in the following packages
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/about_us/press_room/Big10.pdf
AT100 PLUS and Up including HD Essentials and the Dish HD "only" Package.

But coming soon it will ONLY be available in the states that house a Big 10 school. No exceptions. No way around it.

No info on whether it will become part of the Sports Pack at all for national distribution.

I also think this is an ongoing programming dispute between Dish and the channel provider. Having an extended "free preview" is something that only happens when Dish caves temporarily but is still fighting the contract terms.

According to the Dish Network Web Site "The network is available to all cable and satellite carriers and television distributors nationwide, with most programs offered in stunning high-definition television (HDTV)"
DISH Network -- Channels

See ya
Tony

What will replace it in the at100 Tier? If they take a channel they will add another to stay at the same channel count. Many people in this area switched from cable to dish because of the NFL network. Why do we sign a contract when only one side gets all the power to jack up prices, fall behind in HD content , change tiers and charge for upgrades! With cable I had less to choose from, but when I went HD all it took was a box switch with no addtional charge! I find it funny they hold all the cards and I pay for any changes they make or I make! I am sure they are allowed to do this but that does not make it right. When I signed on It was with the "leader in HD", a few months later that is not true, A breach of contract if you ask me! The saving grace still is the DVR, That I love it and will find hard to give up. I will decide how many HD channels is a great DVR worth at the end of this year, if nothing changes. I lot can change in 10 months but I find Dish reluntance to try to please the customer a big Minus at this time.

Big 10 is going away for most states "soon" Only those in Big10 areas will continue to receive the Big 10 Channel.

Anyways Dish Network just posted this update to the Dish Network Retailer Website.
NFL Network Free Preview Ending
NFL Network is moving out of Free Preview into America's Top 200 package, effective Wednesday, February 20th, 2008.

In order to prepare customers who currently subscribe to America's Top 100 or Top 100+, DISH Network will be communicating to customers that NFL Network is rolling up and moving from Free Preview to the America's Top 200 package effective February 19, 2008. This communication will begin on February 15th, 2008 at 11:59MST.

Thank you for supporting DISH Network

What will replace it in the at100 Tier? If they take a channel they will add another to stay at the same channel count. Many people in this area switched from cable to dish because of the NFL network. Why do we sign a contract when only one side gets all the power to jack up prices, fall behind in HD content , change tiers and charge for upgrades! With cable I had less to choose from, but when I went HD all it took was a box switch with no addtional charge! I find it funny they hold all the cards and I pay for any changes they make or I make! I am sure they are allowed to do this but that does not make it right. When I signed on It was with the "leader in HD", a few months later that is not true, A breach of contract if you ask me! The saving grace still is the DVR, That I love it and will find hard to give up. I will decide how many HD channels is a great DVR worth at the end of this year, if nothing changes. I lot can change in 10 months but I find Dish reluntance to try to please the customer a big Minus at this time.

Well said! And I am not even a DVR subscriber, so imagine how I feel at the moment? :mad:

Yep another channel taken away from people who can only afford the lowest package. Pretty soon the 100 channel package will be the 50 channel again and all programming will be religion and shopping networks. Nothing like screwing the poor even more.

from Scott's message above:
NFL Network Free Preview Ending
NFL Network is moving out of Free Preview into America's Top 200 package, effective Wednesday, February 20th, 2008.

......so this is how they're going to 'spin' it? Try to convince us that we've just had a free preview for two years? Give me a break. I can understand you are taking the channel to a higher package, and I'm really bummed about that move, but don't think I'm so stupid I'll just believe we were so lucky to have a free preview for two years.

Dish must think I'm a moron.

At least with this move they are going to make the switch to DishHD + locals even easier for me. (If NFL Network is still going to be available in the stand-alone 29.99 pack).

If this has been planned "all along", then why is Dish Network even today stating you get NFL HD with Top 100 + Dish essentials?

DISH Network -- Dish HD

I would argue that Dish Network should have made a note on the website beginning February 1 (when they re-did the site) to show it was moving to Top 200, just like they put a note up for Big 10 saying that it could "go away at any time".

So, either Dish did NOT decide to just do this, or they've been lying to new customers since Feb. 1 by promising them they'd get the channel, or their website staff is incompetent. No matter which, it doesn't look good from a customer service standpoint.

Personally, I have nothing to complain about since I have the $29.99 DishHD plan and will keep getting the channel. But, I'd be ticked off big time if I subscribed to Dish Network 10 days ago and was told that NFL was a part of the Top 100 package -- especially since Dish is now "claiming" that it was a free preview and not really a part of the package.

Robert

Dish is about to end it's free preview of BTN. It will go regional sometime this month. I like this channel and would like to have it. Some have said that for a monthly fee we can keep it. I wonder how much, if this is the case.
At least with the Big Ten Network they've got a notification of "Subject to change without notice" on their website: DISH Network -- Dish HD

Not so for NFL Network and HD NFL Network.

I'll have to "move" for the Big Ten network if it doesn't become available a la carte (especially with baseball and softball season coming up). Unfortunately, there just isn't any way around it for me as I could literally get by with about eight channels (not counting the distants through NPS) and Big Ten is one of those. The only one of those channels (of the eight) that is from the AT200 is SOAPNet and the only reason it gets so much viewership is Beverly Hills 90210. As for the NFL network, I currently get the AT200 and pay annually each December. I guess I'll miss it when next December rolls around because I'm not going to continue on with the AT200. I'll either go to the HD only pack or just change to AT100+ (I'll likely go with AT100+). I've just got to find a way to move and still keep the Orioles (I'm guessing Pennsylvania).

There has been a lot of talk that the Orioles replays are shown without blackout restrictions because they own their own network. Is that true? I guess I kind of need to know now... :(

I have had dish now since August and I must say they have been a wholesale disappointment. Yes I give them the hardware is good but billing, Customer Service, and now things such as this really put me off. I will leave dish once my commitment is up and I do not see a way they can win me and my family back as customers. What a pathetic company they are. I will just to OTA and possibly add and FTA dish

In the case of the NFL Network, I like football, but this channel must only appeal to absolute die-hard football fans. I suspect many who "want" it have never seen what's really on... If they think it's anything like Sunday Ticket, which I think some do, they'd be severely disappointed.

In the case of the NFL Network, I like football, but this channel must only appeal to absolute die-hard football fans. I suspect many who "want" it have never seen what's really on... If they think it's anything like Sunday Ticket, which I think some do, they'd be severely disappointed.

Well said! When I finally upgraded to the AT200 (not long after NFL Network first hit the air), I did it primarily for that and SPEED. Needless to say, I was very disappointed (even being an NFL fan).

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts