NFL Network to show Thur/Sat Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
boston area dtv said:
Hey since there are going to be 8 less games shown via the Sunday Ticket does that mean ST prices are going down next year?

:D :D :D

where are they losing eight games at??? these are the thursday /saturday games late in the season. ST="SUNDAY" ticket;)

I was being facetious. We arent "losing" 8 games. However we may lose 4 games. The extra game for Tgiving plus the other Thursday games come from some place. Last year those games would have been shown on Sunday. So if lets say there were 10 games per sunday for 17 sundays...thats 170 games..if they take 4 of those games and place em on Thursdays then there are 166 games so technically we receive less for our dollar.

Not a big deal just joking around.

Yeah, should be closer to 4 games. The other 4 games (maybe 2) will come from games that would have been broadcast nationally on Sat. by CBS and FOX and wouldn't have been on NFL ST anyway.

BOSTON,

so was i, see the wink?

speaking of losing games, why is detroit always on thanksgiving day??

speaking of losing games II, sure has been quiet in denver, huh?:devil:

They've played since 1934 on Thanksgiving (minus WWII years) - can't change that now, it's tradition.

Be thankful we get at least one year where we don't have to watch the Cowboys while we eat our turkey. By the time they're on, everyone will be back to their respective homes falling asleep. :)

It looks more like YOU are in denial. The Dallas Morning News is not the only source reporting it that way. Can you giove us one reporting it your wany?

CPanther95 said:
They've played since 1934 on Thanksgiving (minus WWII years) - can't change that now, it's tradition.

Be thankful we get at least one year where we don't have to watch the Cowboys while we eat our turkey. By the time they're on, everyone will be back to their respective homes falling asleep. :)

One year out of every three apparently.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6302877.html?display=Breaking+News

"Tagliabue announced Saturday that the primetime package will kick off on Thanksgiving night, Nov. 23, as the nightcap of a Turkey Day tripleheader. It was carved up from games previously held by CBS and Fox, which, in previous campaigns, had aired a number of Saturday games late in the season.

Despite published reports indicating that the first contest will pit the Washington Redskins at the Dallas Cowboys, league officials said the 2006 schedule has not yet been configured."

Geronimo said:
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6302877.html?display=Breaking+News

"Tagliabue announced Saturday that the primetime package will kick off on Thanksgiving night, Nov. 23, as the nightcap of a Turkey Day tripleheader. It was carved up from games previously held by CBS and Fox, which, in previous campaigns, had aired a number of Saturday games late in the season.

Despite published reports indicating that the first contest will pit the Washington Redskins at the Dallas Cowboys, league officials said the 2006 schedule has not yet been configured."
Well, since Dallas will have to play the Redskins at home sometime each year, I'm sure the league can put it on Thanksgiving Day if they want to. :)

I'm not sure what the new contracts specify for networks "protecting" games. There used to be a clear process where CBS & FOX could protect one game, then MNF could pick a game, then they protect two more, then SNF gets to pick one.....or something like that. I'm not sure how the NFLN will fit into the mix - but it wouldn't surprise me if they can never protect the same matchup twice (Dallas vs. Washington - KC vs. Denver, etc.)

dragon002 said:
where are they losing eight games at??? these are the thursday /saturday games late in the season. ST="SUNDAY" ticket;)
The eight games the NFL Network is showing were games aired on Sundays in years past. I see nothing in the article saying that CBS / FOX will lose their late-season Saturday afternoon games, just that NFL Network will add a prime-time Saturday game. Viola, eight less Sunday games on NFL ST.

This is the quote from the original NY Times article:
The schedule is made up of games that would have been on Saturdays late in the season on CBS or Fox, or on those networks' regional schedules, said the executive, who was granted anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the deal. The first game will be on the Thanksgiving night, between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins. All games will be simulcast on local broadcast stations in the markets of the teams playing.

dragon002 said:
BOSTON,

so was i, see the wink?

speaking of losing games, why is detroit always on thanksgiving day??

speaking of losing games II, sure has been quiet in denver, huh?:devil:

Thanksgiving Day is our SuperBowl in Motown. ;)

-Darren (proc), Lion Fan...GO LIONS! One playoff win since 1957...

Some cable networks have the NFL Network in HD, but not D*. I also read that the games would be shown on the local affiliate of the teams being played.

Think it'll be in HD?

Proc said:
Some cable networks have the NFL Network in HD, but not D*. I also read that the games would be shown on the local affiliate of the teams being played.

Think it'll be in HD?

WTAE PITTSBURGH, SD CHANNEL 4 ,, DT CHANNEL 5.1

CPanther95 said:
This is the quote from the original NY Times article:

Yes anf the league backed off that afterwards. That is what all the other articles are about.

mdonnelly said:
Well, since Dallas will have to play the Redskins at home sometime each year, I'm sure the league can put it on Thanksgiving Day if they want to. :)

They could but so far they seem to want to stick with the teo traditioanl games plus one new one. IF they do stick tot hat Dallas is at home.

Wew ills ee how all this shakes out. Some early stories indicated that the Dallas Washington martchup wil be used to promote this. But all subsequent ones have indiocated that the schedule is not knowen at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)