NFL Network

JeffH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
The NFL Network is now in the family package!

This along with The Sportsman Channel and to a lesser degree The Tennis Channel should help attract sports fans to at least the Sky Angel family package.:up

Jeff

Maybe it's gonna carry all the Saints games from now on. :D

Oh when the Saints....go marching in, Oh when the Saints....

I've never been a SA subscriber, but I'm seriously thinking about the new IPTV service...but this NFL Network deal may push me over the edge to going for it.

With the addition of NFL Network (although I know any two bit company can write a press release) -- doesn't this show that Dominion is taking this new venture VERY seriously?

‘Christ-Centered’ IPTV Service to Offer NFL Network - 1/18/2008 12:57:00 PM - Multichannel News

Think of it, it is a faith channel, how many times have you watched a game, your team is losing... the QB for the other team is about to score a touchdown... Here is the snap... a player for the other team is in the clear in the end zone... the quarterback reaches back to throw the ball and releases it and it is caught... by a player on your team... INTERCEPTION!

You stand on your counh and yell "Holy sh!*"

But it gets better, as he returns the ball 90 yards for a touchdown and YOUR TEAM WIN! Now you are on the gropund between yelling "holy Sh!*" you are also saying "Thank you Jesus"

See the NFL Network IS a faith based channel. :D

‘Christ-Centered’ IPTV Service to Offer NFL Network - 1/18/2008 12:57:00 PM - Multichannel News

Think of it, it is a faith channel, how many times have you watched a game, your team is losing... the QB for the other team is about to score a touchdown... Here is the snap... a player for the other team is in the clear in the end zone... the quarterback reaches back to throw the ball and releases it and it is caught... by a player on your team... INTERCEPTION!

But it gets better, as he returns the ball 90 yards for a touchdown and YOUR TEAM WIN! Now you are on the gropund between yelling "holy Sh!*" you are also saying "Thank you Jesus"

Point well taken Scott.... even Conservative Christians..... we love our football!!

....but it may be aww shucks or dog-gone it or friggin'. I had these Mormon cousins who always said "friggin". They said the church permitted them to use that word instead of the other F. They were also allowed to play the Lottery if someone else bought the ticket for them. And the local Bishop permitted them to watch In Living Color but not the Simpsons. ...

Aww...shucks, its late at night. I don't want to open a can of worms here!

Kevin:eek:

Point well taken Scott.... even Conservative Christians..... we love our football!!

But how can you attend the game and still keep your perfect attendance record at church? Do you get a special free pass from the preacher when the team is in town? :D

But how can you attend the game and still keep your perfect attendance record at church? Do you get a special free pass from the preacher when the team is in town? :D

Scroll,

Most NFL football starts at 1 PM or 4 PM. Many but not all church services are over by one of those game times. Mine is at least...

Some churches let out early for Superbowl Sunday. Our church has special programs so people are encouraged to come instead of skipping for the pregames. We do not let out early for any reason and church is only closed up if there is weather bad enough to be dangerous to drive in. I'm not a sports fan, so it doesn't make a difference to me either way.

Scroll,

Most NFL football starts at 1 PM or 4 PM. Many but not all church services are over by one of those game times. Mine is at least...

I guess it helps to attend near home.

But what I also had in mind was attending in person. I suppose if service here in St. Pete ended at 12 on the dot one could get to Ramond James Tampa by 1 PM, traffic permitting. But I know some folks have a much farther trek.

I guess it helps to attend near home.

But what I also had in mind was attending in person. I suppose if service here in St. Pete ended at 12 on the dot one could get to Ramond James Tampa by 1 PM, traffic permitting. But I know some folks have a much farther trek.

Not sure when games start here, but when we lived in VA, football or b-ball almost always started at 2 or later so there was enough time to make it there after church.

Scott, you need to check yourself with comments like you have just made, Christians !

Take my NAME off this forum , I cant stand it anymore............................

Well I think Dominion IPTV already carrys the miracle channel. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)