Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
Hi people.
you see I just moved back to MIchigan last year I came with everything from my house including my home theater system.
Then things started failing I had to buy everything new but today's electronics are so bad in quality I had to spend more on my HT then I do on my car.
First My tv had a problem with the optical block I had to replace that then the bulb went out I had to change that to and now my 1 year old A/V receiver went out 3 days after the waranty expired.
So now I can't afford to buy a new dishnetwork system.
I have the one I used in the Netherlands antilles with the dp 311 receiver but the receiver also went out.
So now I only have the c band system my sister gave me.
The other tv's in the house got regular cable but the Ht doesn't have cable yet and basically that's my tv.
Wife uses the one in the livingroom and kids use the other ones.
The thing is I have a Motorola 4dtv receiver and a brand new Pansat receiver.
I used to pick up the 3 major networks with the Pansat but now CBS that I picked up became THIS tv.
This month I changed my subscription I added the movie lovers pack and I noticed that ABC,NBC,and CBS came on my 4dtv.
But no FOX.
I don't see a package for primetime 24 like baqck in 1999 when I had my C band.
So I wonder.
Are these 3 networks here to stay or are they gonna go?
Are they part of the movie lovers pack I ordered or is it somethingf they are thempting me with so I subscribe to more chanels?
And where is FOX?
I know for sure I got a fox station on My Pansat the other day but don't remember where they are.
And where can I get College Football since ESPN 2 is not on C band?
Are there any other channel such AS WPIX or something like that that will broadcast Football games?
Thanks in advance.

The thing is I have a Motorola 4dtv receiver and a brand new Pansat receiver.
I used to pick up the 3 major networks with the Pansat but now CBS that I picked up became THIS tv.
correct. CBS Virigin Islands lost carriage on cable in that area (WSEE Erie, PA is on cable there) so they switched to ThisTV

This month I changed my subscription I added the movie lovers pack and I noticed that ABC,NBC,and CBS came on my 4dtv.
But no FOX.
I don't see a package for primetime 24 like baqck in 1999 when I had my C band.
SRL (programming-center.net) sells a PT24 type package

So I wonder.
Are these 3 networks here to stay or are they gonna go?
which ones did you get for networks? There are 2 sets out there, one through nps and one through SRL
And where is FOX?
There really isnt one. There use to be Foxnet but that shut down a while back since areas that didnt have Fox got it on a digital subchannel.

The Denver 8 has Fox in it
I know for sure I got a fox station on My Pansat the other day but don't remember where they are.
G18 (123W) has 3 Fox stations for now but Equity (the owner) went belly up and rumor is they are leaving tomorrow. The stations got sold to another company who will take them off satellite.

And where can I get College Football since ESPN 2 is not on C band?
ESPN2 is on C-Band just not available to consumers. BUt the Pansat can pick up lots of college football games on both C-Band and KU Band

Thanks Iceburg.
I'm with Nps and recently got them from Atlanta but only since I subsribed to the movie lovers pack.
So no way to get fox then?
And where do I get colege football games on Pansat?
ON which sat should I search

NPS only has the Big 3. To get Fox you would either need to subscribe to the Denver 8 or use the Pansat and get them on 99W as trinidex noted

As for the CFB games are you C-Band only or C & KU?

They screwed that up and put ABC...they meant FOX

SRL shows Fox
http://www.programming-center.net/

NFL Networks Standard Definition GB-410
Rocky Mountain CBS-4 W1-503
Rocky Mountain FOX-31 W1-501
Rocky Mountain NBC-9 W1-504

Obvious the CBS affiliate would be Bronco heaven....which would be fine by me :)

Thanks Iceburg.
The thing is I already subscribed to NPS for 3 months starting this month but now it looks like the other ones got better programming.
Do you know if one can subscribe to 2 different program carriers?
I guess not but sorry to ask anyway the other one from Skyvision I can't trust the info it looks old(still has UPN and WB channels on their package listing.
So now I'll have to wait 3 more months but thanks anyway Iceburg.
And one more thing.
I want to ask if any of you guys are subscribing to any of these because right now I think I'm the only one subscribing to C band.
Because on this forum it looks like the most of you only has Pansat or other free to air receiver and don't subscribe to 4dtv.
I use my 4dtv to move the dish and change polarities for my Pansat but I also subscribe so I have them 2 combined so I have almost the same amount of channels that are on dishnet but with the 2receivers combined together.
But everyone tells me I'm crazy that this is old stuff my sister wanted to throw this away with dish and 4dtv receiver in the trash I said no give it to me because I used to have a c band dish in the 90's so I know what it is and I wanted to go back to c band.
I find c band gives you more freedom because you can scan around and things like that and not depend on one company to deliver all your channels.
But I know that most people won't agree with me.
C band it's fine it's just that yoy have to change your viewing habits and watch different kind of channels but Dishnet and Directtv are not really satelitte.
I consider them something like a Wireless cable service or something because that's what it is like a cable company you pay the bill you watch tv you don't pay the bill you lose everything!!
With C band you can still pick a lot of channels for free you only subscribe to the channels that require subscription and you can pick up a lot of tv stations across the worlsd not only in the US.
To Me that is THE REAL SATELITTE

Thanks Iceburg.
The thing is I already subscribed to NPS for 3 months starting this month but now it looks like the other ones got better programming.
Do you know if one can subscribe to 2 different program carriers?
I guess not but sorry to ask anyway the other one from Skyvision I can't trust the info it looks old(still has UPN and WB channels on their package listing.
So now I'll have to wait 3 more months but thanks anyway Iceburg.
And one more thing.
I want to ask if any of you guys are subscribing to any of these because right now I think I'm the only one subscribing to C band.
Because on this forum it looks like the most of you only has Pansat or other free to air receiver and don't subscribe to 4dtv.
I use my 4dtv to move the dish and change polarities for my Pansat but I also subscribe so I have them 2 combined so I have almost the same amount of channels that are on dishnet but with the 2receivers combined together.
But everyone tells me I'm crazy that this is old stuff my sister wanted to throw this away with dish and 4dtv receiver in the trash I said no give it to me because I used to have a c band dish in the 90's so I know what it is and I wanted to go back to c band.
I find c band gives you more freedom because you can scan around and things like that and not depend on one company to deliver all your channels.
But I know that most people won't agree with me.
C band it's fine it's just that yoy have to change your viewing habits and watch different kind of channels but Dishnet and Directtv are not really satelitte.
I consider them something like a Wireless cable service or something because that's what it is like a cable company you pay the bill you watch tv you don't pay the bill you lose everything!!
With C band you can still pick a lot of channels for free you only subscribe to the channels that require subscription and you can pick up a lot of tv stations across the worlsd not only in the US.
To Me that is THE REAL SATELITTE

You'll find there are quite a lot of us around and there is a dedicated 4DTV forum here: 4DTV DISCUSSION - SatelliteGuys.US

I'm subbed with both NPS and SRL on one unit - as someone pointed out to me, we have freedom of choice with BigDish, 2nd to none :up

Oh i think I'm just gonna go with the denver 8 pack on NPS.
I will do that in 3 months but in the meantime I'm gonna watch Fox puerto Rico free to air and hope they won't scramble it or take it off C band for the next 3 months.
I also found another channel yesterday on Pansat called sports time OHIO.
I never saw this channel before not even on Dishnet but seem to show a lot of MLB baseball games.
I wonder if they're gonna show NFL and COllege games too do any of you know about this channel?
And the thing is my Pansat has the guide button but it's not working.
Is there a way to make it work like on the 4dtv you go on G1 3 for the guide but with Pansat on what Sat do I have to go or is the botton just for show?
There is also a Hard disk in this thing it's supposed to be like a DVr but I don't know how that works either.
Anyway thanks in advance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)