NFL Playoff this Weekend!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Saturday, January 10th

CBS-HD: AFC Divisional Playoffs - Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots, 8:15pm, in High Definition

Fox-EDTV: NFC Divisional Playoffs - Carolina Panthers @ St. Louis Rams, 4:30pm, in Ehanced Definition

Sunday, January 11th

CBS-HD: AFC Divisional Playoffs - Indianapolis Colts @ Kansas City Chiefs, 1pm in High Definition

Fox-EDTV: NFC Divisional Playoffs - Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 4:45pm, in Ehanced Definition

Be happy to the see the repeat of this one - next week...

Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots is on...coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllldddddddddddddddddddddddddddd............

Lost HD signal at the end of 2nd quarter. Showing the end of 2nd quarter in SD and at half report. Tell you what SD looks very sharp and best I have seen on CBS OTA.

there has been some technical problems. Even the announcers have said it. Right now as I right it has been dropping a few times.

This games looks great! I am always impressed with CBS production of the NFL games. If NFL Net HD could take this game and show it in their game of the week show it will be great instead of trying to transfer from film. But again from a business stand point, CBS will not allow it or ask for $$$.

GB vs Phi. Ok game. Fox enhanced TV is quite a dissapointment. Pre-game show was ok but pq is quite dissapointing for distance shots.

I thought Tennessee @ New England looked superb... I don't recall ever having been awed by puffs of breath like that. :)

Indy @ KC was alright... it seemed quite a few of the lesser-used cameras weren't HD, and the creeping afternoon shadows of the stadium are a challenge for any camera.

Fox's "enhanced" SD really looks utterly shabby by comparison. Hard to believe they wouldn't invest in the tech to do HD considering what they're paying for the NFC coverage.

Sean Mota said:
Fox enhanced TV is quite a dissapointment. Pre-game show was ok but pq is quite dissapointing for distance shots.

I was startled by the PQ difference between the different cameras. I've never seen anything so inconsistent. The standard long shot of most plays was terrible in comparison to most of the isolation cameras.

CBS was plagued with some transmission issues the night before but the PQ was consistently high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)