NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

Better watch out...some people think the preseason games are not good enough to evaulate how good your 1st team is vs other teams 1st teams are....:rolleyes:

I really like that Dixon kid and I think he will be the #2 QB very soon. I would somewhat agree that you will have start the season with some veteran QB leadership to get you out of that hole of a suspended franchise QB. I have a strange feeling if that Dixon kid ever got a chance to start some games, he can be very exciting to watch. He reminded me of a young Randall Cunningham.

As far as my Raiders are concerned....their 1st team offense and defense totally dominated the Bears team...AND the Raiders defense did not play Seymour and Nnamdi. They got 4 sacks from Kamerion Wimbley(in the 1st half) and 7 total.
Jason Campbell look good in steering a few scoring drives.

A very good test for most teams will be one everyone's 3 game of the preseason when the starters play most of the game. The Raiders play a very good 49ers team....there we will see where the Raiders are to start the season. The END RESULTS do not interest me as opposed how the 1st teams on defense on offense against the 49ers 1st teams.

I agree with your assesment.

I think that it is POSSIBLE that once Ben gets back into the swing of the game, that the Steeler's could cut/let him go Leftwitch so he can move on again, Steeler's have plenty of other QB's to back up.
I think Dixon would then be the # 2 with Batch being the emergency QB., of course as another emergency QB you have Randle El, and Hines Ward, both former QB's , now catching the ball !

I agree with your assesment.

I think that it is POSSIBLE that once Ben gets back into the swing of the game, that the Steeler's could cut/let him go Leftwitch so he can move on again, Steeler's have plenty of other QB's to back up.
I think Dixon would then be the # 2 with Batch being the emergency QB., of course as another emergency QB you have Randle El, and Hines Ward, both former QB's , now catching the ball !

I have watched quite a few of the Steelers games the last few years because 2 of my best friends are huge Steeler fans. Funny thing is, the last few years, the Raiders have spoiled possible playoff plans right after Super Bowl wins/appearances and I am now considered bad luck and not allowed to see the game at their houses....LOL!:rolleyes::eek::p:D

That should be fun. My daughter and I went to the Raiders/Dolphins game a few years back when the Raiders had Culpepper at QB. She wore her pink Raiders T-Shirt and even went as far as putting on eye black! LOL! I warned her about the possible foul langauge....but she is a trooper. She stated "nothing I have not heard from you after a Raiders loss...." :eek::D

Enjoy because time flies so fast. She was 8 back then....

Thanks, buddy! :)

This is her last "first" as far as the local teams go.

Her first game was a Celtics game about five years ago (she has been to several since...........basketball is her favorite! :D). Then it was a Revolution game in Foxboro (zzzzzzzzzz :eek:............but she LOVES and plays soccer).

Since the calendar has turned to 2010, she went to her first Bruins game (now she's HOOKED!! :eek:), and will go her first Pats game this week (albeit a preseason game).

BUT personally through MY eyes nothing will beat seeing her witness a Red Sox game at Fenway for the first time this May! I still remember going with my Dad for the first time back in 1974 and marveling how green everything at Fenway was! :)

Her first game was a Celtics game about five years ago (she has been to several since...........basketball is her favorite! :D). Then it was a Revolution game in Foxboro (zzzzzzzzzz :eek:............but she LOVES and plays soccer).

Since the calendar has turned to 2010, she went to her first Bruins game (now she's HOOKED!! :eek:), and will go her first Pats game this week (albeit a preseason game).

BUT personally through MY eyes nothing will beat seeing her witness a Red Sox game at Fenway for the first time this May! I still remember going with my Dad for the first time back in 1974 and marveling how green everything at Fenway was! :)

Bill,
Don't be too discouraged if you don't get the reaction from a game that you expected.
I took my kids when they were younger and they were not as excited as I thought they would be, but thats OK, just my expectations were higher than thiers.

Bill,
Don't be too discouraged if you don't get the reaction from a game that you expected.
I took my kids when they were younger and they were not as excited as I thought they would be, but thats OK, just my expectations were higher than thiers.

Well, I already committed to taking her to two Bruins games this year (not that I'm complaining :D)! Plus we'll go to at least a couple Celtics games.

They grow up fast. She is MORE of a basketball fan and has already stated she wanted to see the HEAT play a couple of times. She ONLY likes the Raiders because of me...LOL! :eek: I will take ANY support my team can get for any reason! Besides, she is my daughter so she gets a pass on her reasons!;)

Next is my son, will watch football and basketball....HATES watching baseball, but LOVES to play it(I already having him switch hitting at 5....:D). But not gonna rush him, he is WAY into being a kid...the usual MO...skateboards and video games...LOL!

You know, I never went to ANY sporting events that were horse racing events with my dad. My father wanted my NOW fat a$$ to be a jockey back then. LMAO!!:haha:haha

That's a very good bet! :up

It's hard to imagine the Colts not getting AT LEAST a wild card.

Speaking about your Pats....I saw a little of them last week and that defense looks faster and meaner than last year....and the scariest part....BETTER.:eek:

But with that said, I wonder why there has been no contract extention with Brady...?:confused: Sort of in the middle with that one. He is one of the top 5 QBs in the league, but he is getting up there with age and wear and tear at 33.
I doubt they will give him a long term guarenteed deal...but I am sure he would love one. How ready are their backup QBs if they needed to start?

I hope you introduce her to some good tailgating food.

Since I don't know if Bill will be here to answer...I will ask you the same thing...

Speaking about your Pats....I saw a little of them last week and that defense looks faster and meaner than last year....and the scariest part....BETTER.:eek:

But with that said, I wonder why there has been no contract extention with Brady...?:confused: Sort of in the middle with that one. He is one of the top 5 QBs in the league, but he is getting up there with age and wear and tear at 33.
I doubt they will give him a long term guarenteed deal...but I am sure he would love one. How ready are their backup QBs if they needed to start?

I am VERY excited about this young defense! They have gotten younger and much more athletic!

The secondary is loaded with good young players: Butler, McCourty, McGowan, Chung, Wheatley and Wilhite (one of the latter two will probably get cut), to go along with solid veterans Leigh Bodden and Brandon Meriweather.

The linebacking corps has become much more athletic: Brandon Spikes was a STEAL in the 2nd round, Tyrone McKenzie, Gary Guyton and Jermaine Cunningham look solid, and Jerod Mayo is one of the best backers in the NFL.

The D-Line could be a cause for concern with Ty Warren out for the year and Jarvis Green gone elsewhere. Vince Wilfork is still solid in the middle, Mike Wright has always played well when given the chance and veteran Gerard Warren was brought in to replace Ty Warren.

As far as Brady goes, I realize this is a business, but he has brought so much to this franchise..........SIGN HIM TO AN EXTENSION MR. KRAFT. I'm not saying give him carte' blanche, but there has to be a common ground!

As far as Brady's backup goes, they like former Spartan Brian Hoyer a lot.

They will more than likely sign him for about 3 more years. That would be the safe bet.

You never know. Belichick always seems to cut ties with a veteran a year or two before anyone else would.

When he coached the Browns, he didn't let the court of public opinion get in the way of him releasing/trading Bernie Kosar at the height of his fame. Cleveland still hasn't forgotten that one.

You never know. Belichick always seems to cut ties with a veteran a year or two before anyone else would.

When he coached the Browns, he didn't let the court of public opinion get in the way of him releasing/trading Bernie Kosar at the height of his fame. Cleveland still hasn't forgotten that one.

I hope you are saying that Bernie Kosar is the same class of quarterback as Tom Brady. :eek:

Brady will probably get a 6 year deal 60 million guaranteed. So he will be here at least 5 years after this.

BTW, while the media is hyping that Brady is in the last year of his contract, I guess they forgot to mention that so is Peyton Manning. Who knew!:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts