NFL screws the Pats

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
The NFL directly influenced the season by moving the Jets vs. Dolphins game to 4 pm.

Nothing like having a deflated Jets team out on the field, with your playoff life at stake.

I dont get it. Im pissed.

We all know the scenario. For the Patriots to get into the playoffs, they need to beat the Bills, and have the Jets win or Baltimore lose.

With the Jets/Dolphins game scheduled at 1 PM the same time as the Pats it was going to be pretty cool watching the scoreboard. You would assume the Jets would be fighting tooth and nail because if the Pats lost and they win they get in.

By moving the game to 4 pm, the Jets will already know if they have anything to play for. I think it sucks to have the league directly influence the season.

The NFL directly influenced the season by moving the Jets vs. Dolphins game to 4 pm.

Nothing like having a deflated Jets team out on the field, with your playoff life at stake.

We all know the scenario. For the Patriots to get into the playoffs, they need to beat the Bills, and have the Jets win or Baltimore lose.

With the Jets/Dolphins game scheduled at 1 PM the same time as the Pats it was going to be pretty cool watching the scoreboard. You would assume the Jets would be fighting tooth and nail because if the Pats lost and they win they get in.

By moving the game to 4 pm, the Jets will already know if they have anything to play for. I think it sucks to have the league directly influence the season.

Interesting....

I don't buy your point - the Ravens also play at 4pm - so regardless of the outcome of the Pats game, the Jets have to be giving it their all and hoping that Baltimore loses.

This last Sunday is off limits to what is decided because of how much is on the line, but I think with flexing, the NFL should do online polls 2 weeks ahead of time and take that into consideration with the changes!

I don't buy your point - the Ravens also play at 4pm - so regardless of the outcome of the Pats game, the Jets have to be giving it their all and hoping that Baltimore loses.

Maybe Im mistaken then. Are you saying if the Pats win. The Jets can still get in if Baltimore loses?

With all the factors of that game, the NFL decided to make that the game of the week and start it at 4.

To schedule or not to schedule, Jets screwed themselves this season and if they won at least two of the following games, this Sunday would be meaningless:

J --> loss to Oakland
E --> loss to 49ers
T --> loss to Seattle
S --> loss to Denver

How exactly does this screw the Patriots? If anything, it screws the fans attending the Jets game because they may not be playing for anything at 4:00pm.

Up next: MLB Screwed the Sox! (by allowing the Yankees to sign Teixeira)

How exactly does this screw the Patriots? If anything, it screws the fans attending the Jets game because they may not be playing for anything at 4:00pm.

Up next: MLB Screwed the Sox! (by allowing the Yankees to sign Teixeira)

I think its obvious how the Patriots are screwed.

You can throw the win more games thing out there, but in this case its lip service. Its win games against divisional foes and that stuff. Which I still dont have an issue with. The rules are the rules.

My issue is with the league moving games where the outcome of the game may be influenced by the time change. If the game was supposed to start at 4 then I have no issue with that.

(as for the sox, they screwed themselves. If they gave Tex, the money that was reported 8 years 185 he would have been on the sox. I hate stupid boston fans who now complain that the Yanks and all their money bought him. They were fine with the sox spending the 185, but when NY spends 180, they are "buying championships.")

This is a non-issue. As Herm Edwards (former Jets coach) said, "You play to win the game!" Regardless if the Jets have anything to play for, they will still play to win.

I see where you are coming from, but I don't agree that the Jets will automatically lose if they have "nothing to play for."

This is a non-issue. As Herm Edwards (former Jets coach) said, "You play to win the game!" Regardless if the Jets have anything to play for, they will still play to win.

I see where you are coming from, but I don't agree that the Jets will automatically lose if they have "nothing to play for."

I see your point..just wish it wasnt Herm Edwards I was taking advice from.

Maybe Im mistaken then. Are you saying if the Pats win. The Jets can still get in if Baltimore loses?

That is a fact. In this scenario, the JETS would be a wild-card team. Thus, I don't see how you could claim any disadvantage to the Pats. BOTH teams in the Jets/Fins game have to come out smoking since they both will have a playoff chance when the game starts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts