NFL Store Pulls Online Picture Of Harrison's Hit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison is facing a stiff fine after a questionable hit against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Fans were able to go onto the NFL's online Photo Shop and purchase a picture of the hit. Now, the NFL has taken it down.

According to a report on ESPN.com, the NFL will stop selling pictures of illegal hits through its online store.

A picture of Harrison's hit on Mohamed Massaquoi has been removed from the site.

An outside vendor posts the pictures to the online store through an automated process.

A 15x20 canvas gallery wrap picture of the hit was available in the online store for $249.95.

At that price, 300 of them would equal the $75,000 fine that was handed down by the NFL to Harrison.

NFL Store Pulls Online Picture Of James Harrison's Questionable Hit - kdka.com

Let me get this straight. A running back is told to put his head down and charge thru the line; a linebacker is told to put his head down and drive thru the tackle. Heads collide. Why isn't the running back ever fined for helmet to helmet contact?

Let me get this straight. A running back is told to put his head down and charge thru the line; a linebacker is told to put his head down and drive thru the tackle. Heads collide. Why isn't the running back ever fined for helmet to helmet contact?

You NEVER lower your head.
When you tackle someone, your head should be looking at what your hitting.
You lower your shoulders and hit with the shoulder, not the helmet.

That said, it would be nice if the NFL learned to tackle ...

I wouldn't say it's a Non Story ....

I would say, someone called the NFL out on this one.
Weather or not it's the NFL making money off these prints, they are on THIER websites, advertising the photo for purchase, then they want to fine the people involved ....

I wouldn't say it's a Non Story ....

I would say, someone called the NFL out on this one.
Weather or not it's the NFL making money off these prints, they are on THIER websites, advertising the photo for purchase, then they want to fine the people involved ....

And I'll bet the individual players weren't making a dime off of them. I'm sure the NFL, owners, and the Players Association were getting a cut, though.

It's not on their websites, and the licensing arm of NFL and NFLPlayers probably collects a fee on each sale or something, who knows. It's clearly run by a 3rd party, unless you think the NFL is also selling images from all these colleges too?

Replay Photos: College Pictures, NFL Photos, Personalized Gifts, Merchandise, Shop

If you're that gullible then you could probably think the Steelers themselves were selling it... http://www.replayphotos.com/pittsbu.../week-06-browns-pictures/_SWK06___0001048.cfm

It was on the NFL website this morning and removed once the complaints started coming in.

Mike Golic had it up this morning on the NFL website and talked about it this morning.

....which is exactly what I said, but Jimbo isn't reading my posts and just keeps saying they were on the 'NFL website'

Did you look at the nfl website the morning in question to see if they were available or not ?

IF they are licensed to sell them by the NFL, the NFL IS making money off them, so it's the same deal.
The NFL is fining people for thier hits while they are profiting from the same hits selling photos, the NFL is definitely getting thier share, so whether it's on the official site or not the NFL is still in the wrong.

Did you look at the nfl website the morning in question to see if they were available or not ?

IF they are licensed to sell them by the NFL, the NFL IS making money off them, so it's the same deal.
The NFL is fining people for thier hits while they are profiting from the same hits selling photos, the NFL is definitely getting thier share, so whether it's on the official site or not the NFL is still in the wrong.

I saw it, or I wouldn't have bothered correcting you. it was not on the NFL site.

It is not even close to the same deal as an NFL employee picking out the best 'oh he got hurt on this illegal hit' play vs some site that is licensed to be able to call itself 'the official photo store of the NFL' and it's employees.

I never said this is right, I said it's a non-story because right now the media is going nuts (and some people aren't helping the cause by just shutting up like Crowder and Tomlin) to try and find everything they can. It's a provocative headline, this thread has lasted longer than the story has.

I saw it, or I wouldn't have bothered correcting you. it was not on the NFL site.

It is not even close to the same deal as an NFL employee picking out the best 'oh he got hurt on this illegal hit' play vs some site that is licensed to be able to call itself 'the official photo store of the NFL' and it's employees.

I never said this is right, I said it's a non-story because right now the media is going nuts (and some people aren't helping the cause by just shutting up like Crowder and Tomlin) to try and find everything they can. It's a provocative headline, this thread has lasted longer than the story has.

I think Mike Golic would KNOW if he's on a NFL website or not, take it up with him.
Q. Why would Tomlin have anything to say ?

On to NEXT weeks games.

I am taking it up with you, because you are wrong, as I've shown in nearly every post in this thread, what is it you don't understand?

NFL removes images of head hits from sale site - NFL - Sporting News

The outside vendor mentioned by Aiello, Replayphotos.com, is licensed to sell images from the NFL and other sports, with prices up to nearly $250 depending on packaging. The Associated Press handles the NFL's licensed commercial photography business, according to the New York Times.

And if Mike Golic said the sky was green....?

I misspoke in my previous post, I meant to say unlike Channing "I've got a helmet and im going to use it" Crowder and Mike 'Not telling my players to do anything different Harrison didn't do anything wrong' Tomlin.

I am taking it up with you, because you are wrong, as I've shown in nearly every post in this thread, what is it you don't understand?

NFL removes images of head hits from sale site - NFL - Sporting News

And if Mike Golic said the sky was green....?

I misspoke in my previous post, I meant to say unlike Channing "I've got a helmet and im going to use it" Crowder and Mike 'Not telling my players to do anything different Harrison didn't do anything wrong' Tomlin.

Golic knows a hell of a lot more about whats going on in the NFL that you or anyone on this board does.

As for Tomlin, whats he suppose to say ?

Ok, Defense, were gonna go out and play the game in tutu's this week because the other team is afraid we might HIT them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts