Nfl Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sguest9

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Athens ga
I was wanting to know if i could get a better deal than just $20.00 off. My account is in good standing but i still have a little over one year left on my commitment. Any help would be appreciated.

i ended up getting nfl sunday ticket for 4 payments of 40.00 plus they gave me nfl super fan for free.

sguest9 said:
I was wanting to know if i could get a better deal than just $20.00 off. My account is in good standing but i still have a little over one year left on my commitment. Any help would be appreciated.

mdp1116 said:
i ended up getting nfl sunday ticket for 4 payments of 40.00 plus they gave me nfl super fan for free.

What number did you call and what did you tell them.

sguest9 said:
$ 209 is the best offer going and that is if you had the ST last year.
Normal price I think is $ 229...
The SF appears to be negotiable

Jimbo

i had dishnetwork last year and yes thats the deal i got, i called the reg customer service number and they ened up transfering me to the customer retention dept. MY main question was about why i was being charged 400 for the dvr, ended up getting the st for that price sf for free and got my 400 refunded.

Jimbos said:
$ 209 is the best offer going and that is if you had the ST last year.
Normal price I think is $ 229...
The SF appears to be negotiable

Jimbo

mdp1116 said:
i had dishnetwork last year and yes thats the deal i got, i called the reg customer service number and they ened up transfering me to the customer retention dept. MY main question was about why i was being charged 400 for the dvr, ended up getting the st for that price sf for free and got my 400 refunded.

I think you meant Directv right? Dishnetwork doesn't have the Sunday Ticket.

no what i ment was i did not have nfl sunday ticket last year cause i had dish network.
ramy said:
I think you meant Directv right? Dishnetwork doesn't have the Sunday Ticket.

mdp1116 said:
no what i ment was i did not have nfl sunday ticket last year cause i had dish network.

Ok, I misunderstood. Thanks.

mdp1116 said:
What else was the conditions to get ST for $ 160. there has to be more to it.

mdp1116 said:

Yeah...what number did you call? I would do that in a second.

I talked to the customer retention group, from what they told me they have the ability to do things to keep customers that the regular csr dept doesnt. Im not trying to rub anything in or say ohh look what i got, he asked and just let him know the deal they gave me to keep me as a customer.

sportsfan42 said:
This is my 4th year in a row having Sunday Ticket and my price is $209

just talked to csr and not the best deal but go for me

NFL ST =$209
$10.00 off my bill for 1 year= -120.
Super Fan for $75.00

just to let everyone know

Awesome Deal... Makes it worth it doesnt it. I just got 15 free ppv vouchers in the mail yesterday. Have no idea why i got those but i am not complaining. Now hopefully my OTA Hd antenna install goes off without a hitch.

sguest9 said:
just talked to csr and not the best deal but go for me

NFL ST =$209
$10.00 off my bill for 1 year= -120.
Super Fan for $75.00

just to let everyone know

I received my August newsletter from DirecTV and it says if you have Sunday Ticket you will get the regular season games on NFL Network games in HD.

I assumed we would get them in HD, but it's nice to have the official word that they will be HD.

CRendall said:
I received my August newsletter from DirecTV and it says if you have Sunday Ticket you will get the regular season games on NFL Network games in HD.

I assumed we would get them in HD, but it's nice to have the official word that they will be HD.

I just got my newsletter online and I dont see the part about HD on NFL network, I do see the part about upgrading to superfan to get sunday ticket games in HD, but I dont see the part about NFL network games in HD?? Which is going to suck, to watch those thursday games in standard and not HD

I guess I read that wrong. DirecTV put the NFL Network logo right next to the next that says if you have Superfan you will get the games in HD, and I was thinking they were talking about the live games on NFL Network.

I still think DirecTV will find the bandwidth to offers these games in HD also since there is only one played at a time, unless NFL Network makes DirecTV have the NFL Network in HD 24/7 to also get the rights to broadcast the games in HD. I see NFL Network is starting to play hardball with cable operators to get them to add NFL Network to their lineup, they might try the same thing with DirecTV and NFL Network HD.

Called D* last night. This is what I got

Sunday Ticket for 229
Super Fan for free
10 dollars off my bill for a year
10 dollars off HBO for 6 months

I have been a D* customer since 1999 and this is the first time getting the ST package. This was on my second call to the retention department, the first CSR I spoke to gave me no deals at all. I thought is was a good deal.

CRendall said:
I guess I read that wrong. DirecTV put the NFL Network logo right next to the next that says if you have Superfan you will get the games in HD, and I was thinking they were talking about the live games on NFL Network.

I still think DirecTV will find the bandwidth to offers these games in HD also since there is only one played at a time, unless NFL Network makes DirecTV have the NFL Network in HD 24/7 to also get the rights to broadcast the games in HD. I see NFL Network is starting to play hardball with cable operators to get them to add NFL Network to their lineup, they might try the same thing with DirecTV and NFL Network HD.
I think it was stated awhile back that the NFL Network games would be in HD, probably in the 90's where they show the current NFL Network games.

Jimbo

go hokies class of 2001
shadyB said:
Called D* last night. This is what I got

Sunday Ticket for 229
Super Fan for free
10 dollars off my bill for a year
10 dollars off HBO for 6 months

I have been a D* customer since 1999 and this is the first time getting the ST package. This was on my second call to the retention department, the first CSR I spoke to gave me no deals at all. I thought is was a good deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.