NFL Sundays - Dish Network regional sports

ahorton

Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
detroit, MI
Hi Guys,

I just got Dish network and get all the regional sport channels. I find that most of the mlb games are blacked out, about 95% of them! Is this going to be true for NFL as well on Sundays? What about NHL? I have center ice as well.

Thanks!

Yep. Any Pro sport that has its own package for purchase will be blacked out.

Specifically, NFL Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DirecTV.

If you bought Center Ice, you'll see those games.

Most NFL games should not be blacked out. At least ive never really heard of it. NFL games are not carried on any regional sports channels in case you were thinking that.

The NFL is not shown on Regional Sports Networks. Just CBS, NBC, FOX, ESPN, NFL Network, and NFL RedZone.

umm, yeah, that's what Schermann said in post #3.

Most NFL games should not be blacked out. At least ive never really heard of it. NFL games are not carried on any regional sports channels in case you were thinking that.

Yes I have all the sport packs that Dish Net offers. I still can't get many MLB games. Most are blacked out.

if you signed up for dish to get sports, you in for a big surprise
you should get your local team on the regional. non local teams, well its hit and miss

Cosmo, he might be referring to extra innings. As for MLB Network. That's one of this forum's faqs. Noting yet. If you like the Cubs or White Sox, WGN America covers some of there games on 239. Check the guide. Also, rained delayed games and games that go into extra innings will come on once they pass their scheduled times in the guide.

What about all the Fox channels that are from 400-438. Such as Fox Sport ohio, fox sports north, fox sports south etc.... will these channels have nfl games on during the season? I know some have had pre-season games.

What about all the Fox channels that are from 400-438. Such as Fox Sport ohio, fox sports north, fox sports south etc.... will these channels have nfl games on during the season? I know some have had pre-season games.

No, the NFL channels are CBS, Fox, NFL and NBC. You will not get any regular season games on the Fox Sports channels....

Alright, I have one other question. The other night I tuned into Royals vs Blue Jays, I think it was on an alternate station. The game took about 30 seconds to appear and then it would play for about 10 seconds then freeze for a few mins. Kept doing this over and over again. Just wondering do you know why? I checked the dish network game finder, and that game was suppose to be blacked out in my area as well. Also, why are soo many mlb games blacked out? So we get all the pre-game and post game, but no actual game? Thanks for the help!

I barely ever have a problem watching a MLB game. I'm a cubs fan and my wife is a cardinals fan. They are always on some channel. If it's blacked out on one channel I can usually find it on an alternate channel. Have you checked to make sure it wasn't on any other channel?

You must be spanking new to Sat television. The good ole days of watching wild feeds of MLB, NHL, etc... games for "free" have long since passed. The "sports pack" is a bit misleading as you really only get to watch unimportant stuff on them and regional college sports on the RSNs.

You can only get your local games, and those shown on national networks (TNT, ESPN, TBS, etc...). If you want the remaining games, you need to get the appropriate sports "ticket" at about $200 a season.

Pre-season is not the regular season. In my limited time on the planet, I've never seen RSNs show NFL games. Fox, CBS (back in the past NBC) pay beaucoup bucks to have the rights, not RSNs.

I feel terribly awful if you thought that all of this stuff was going to be available to you for $7 a month because it isn't anywhere near that cheap... and you can't even get the NFL Sunday Ticket on Dish to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts