NFL Superfan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kmcallis1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Any tricks on getting a discount on this for the fall. I was not a subscriber last year so I don't have the $49 - $99 credits those of you got for being 1st timers.

Any advice anyone can give is appreciated. I am about to make the HD plunge and want to save where I can.

Thank you.

Just call D* and ask for retention department. Mention thinking of going cable but wanted to stay with D* and Sunday Ticket. Ask for Superfan for free. See if they throw anything else in.

Last edited:
I just got a auto-renew email from D*, stating I get next season at $209 plus Superfan for $50, instead of $99. I will call up retention later on before the season starts to get the $50 credited back.

cforrest said:
I just got a auto-renew email from D*, stating I get next season at $209 plus Superfan for $50, instead of $99. I will call up retention later on before the season starts to get the $50 credited back.
You really shouldnt post stuff like this..D* reads these boards

juan said:
You really shouldnt post stuff like this..D* reads these boards

And they are going to put cforest on the "do not give him anything list"? Its not being abusive, its just working with a group that was actually created by D* to retain good customers. Most of us think its a farce and only want it for the HD games. I pay alot during the year and dont complain because I believe in paying for the value. However, Super Fan is the one thing that dont feel is justified and shouldnt require the premium. Just give me the HD games you are already broadcasting and I am paying for in Sunday Ticket.

Last edited:
Little disapointing that they are going to start collecting Sunday ticket fees in July, I belive my email said. But o well, they know what there big sell, so might as get it going, and after july august comes with pre season football. Gosh as much as I look foward to the NFL, I dont want the summer going by so fast.

Thanks for the information guys.

I too believe it is a farce to tack another $99 surcharge onto Sunday Ticket. However they hold the keys to the product and they will try to make money anyway they can....i.e Lease program, piss poor customer service, don't even get me started on the new installers they have up here in NJ.....I can deal with their incompetetence but their attitude really turns me off.

I ended up having someone else do my install for a fee rather than deal with the morons at DirectTech who say you can't mount the new dish on a pole like the old one....utter nonsense.

Although I think our service will get better, I liked it better when Hughes still owned DTV. The Newscorp group will keep increasing our fees much like cable....wait and see.

satjay said:
Little disapointing that they are going to start collecting Sunday ticket fees in July, I belive my email said. But o well, they know what there big sell, so might as get it going, and after july august comes with pre season football. Gosh as much as I look foward to the NFL, I dont want the summer going by so fast.

I already ponied up the money. This way, I won't feel so bad later in the year and it'll be like a freebie...lol

SuperFan will be free for me. Its not listed, but I have it noted in my account to be added later.

Proc said:
I already ponied up the money. This way, I won't feel so bad later in the year and it'll be like a freebie...lol

SuperFan will be free for me. Its not listed, but I have it noted in my account to be added later.

Proc call them up now and have them add it for free. I did that in April when that early signup was active. It showed up on my account instantly at no charge.

Brewer4 said:
Proc call them up now and have them add it for free. I did that in April when that early signup was active. It showed up on my account instantly at no charge.

Early activation in April ???

This is the 1st I have heard about this ....

It would be nice of D* to let the current subs know about this.
Afterall, if I don't call to cancel, they will automatically re up me.

I plan on keeping the service, but would like to get the early sign up info as an option.

As far as I have seen, they have not even confirmed prices yet and do no know if there will be a Super Fan pack this year.....and at what prices ... That was from the CRS I spoke with about a month ago.

Jimbo

PS. I see they have receintly posted the ST info on thier website.

The auto renewal says it give you the cheapest pricing available .. Is this really true.

So far the site says ST $ 229, SF $ 99 I should get SF for free this year due to the mailing they sent out last year.

Should I wait for the auto or call them, the regulars out there, Do you let the auto procecss work or do you call in ?

Last edited:
I dont think the left hand knows what the right brain is doing when it comes to D*. The best you can always do is call retention, politely suggest you are considering leaving, and ask to receive stuff namely SF if you renew with ST. I hate having to call them and ask for stuff but it usually cuts out all the confusion and chance that D* will leave you out or screw up the deal somehow. And they will and do. The problem is consistancy. Sometimes they follow through, sometimes they anticipate but I've learned the best approach is call directly, be nice, ask, and they are usually excellent to me. It never hurts to ask.

Jimbos said:
Early activation in April ???

This is the 1st I have heard about this ....

It would be nice of D* to let the current subs know about this.
Afterall, if I don't call to cancel, they will automatically re up me.

I plan on keeping the service, but would like to get the early sign up info as an option.

As far as I have seen, they have not even confirmed prices yet and do no know if there will be a Super Fan pack this year.....and at what prices ... That was from the CRS I spoke with about a month ago.

Jimbo

PS. I see they have receintly posted the ST info on thier website.

The auto renewal says it give you the cheapest pricing available .. Is this really true.

So far the site says ST $ 229, SF $ 99 I should get SF for free this year due to the mailing they sent out last year.

Should I wait for the auto or call them, the regulars out there, Do you let the auto procecss work or do you call in ?

I have just completed a loooooong drawn out dealing with D*. I purchased the HR10-250 HD-DVR back in January this year. Received a Gen RETN credit of $200 at the time, but was told I still qualified for the $200 rebate they were offering at the time. After months of emails back and forth :mad: , and finally a statement from D* saying that I already received my $200 rebate (actually the GEN RETEN credit) I called customer retention today (1-800-824-9081). Got an unbelievable rep, that would have gave me the moon and more if I asked :devil: . After a few minutes on hold so he could investigate, he credited my account for the $200, and after general conversation got the SF pack added for free ! I should have been on auto renew, since I had it last year, but it wasn't showing up on my account that way. Then I casually asked about a 2nd HR10-250, and after mentioning the "rumors" on this and other forums tieing the FREE HR-250 to ST subs, he offered me the "Father's Day special" of a NO COST HR10-250 HD-DVR. Since there will be no additional charges to my monthly bill, (I already subscribe to the HD package and have 1 HR10-250) this is a steal of a deal ! The 2nd HD-DVR will replace the HD reciever (HTL-HD) we have in the bedroom. Only catch is that the new hd-dvr will be a leased receiver, but that means D* will be responsible for any repairs needed. He also stated that both HR10-250's would be replaced with the new HD-dvr and 5 lnb dish at no charge when the mpeg4 becomes available to the Toledo, Ohio area. Sure do like that backlit remote for the HTL-HD though.

I got SuperFan for free. DirecTV had a special for those who signed up for Sunday Ticket prior to April 30 - free Superfan. They lived up to it -- although I had to call them several weeks later to make sure they reflected it accurately on my account.

I must say, without this special offer, I would have not subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket. I want to see games in HD - and I think it's ridiculous to be paying $9.99 for their slim HD Package and then be asked to pony up another $99.00 for HD games on top of the Sunday Ticket fee. I would have just continued to go to a local bar to watch the games....

kentuck1163 said:
I got SuperFan for free. DirecTV had a special for those who signed up for Sunday Ticket prior to April 30 - free Superfan. They lived up to it -- although I had to call them several weeks later to make sure they reflected it accurately on my account.
Was there a code or anything that you know of for that deal? I'm pretty sure I signed up for ST prior to April 30, but never heard of this offer.

Others are reporting in the thread for "free" HD-Tivo that they got free SuperFan thrown in, so I'm thinking of calling and just asking for it to see what happens...

I got Super Fan for free when they had the deal about renewing by April 30th. Dont think it matters that much as this is an easy one to negotiate for free. I did it last year and will continue to do so. Dont think I should pay 100 bucks just for the HD version when I am already paying over 200 bucks.

Brewer4 said:
I got Super Fan for free when they had the deal about renewing by April 30th. Dont think it matters that much as this is an easy one to negotiate for free. I did it last year and will continue to do so. Dont think I should pay 100 bucks just for the HD version when I am already paying over 200 bucks.

Can you get that deal for everyone here, we all feel we should not have to pay extra for NFL in HD.
Like you said we should get it all for the 200+ it cost for ST.

I think soon the HD part will be added into the ST price from the start.

I am suppose to be getting the ST for free this year and spoke with them about it when I signed up for the ST, they said I would get it, but it is not showing up on my statement yet, even though the ST is.

Jimbo

If I could I would negotiate a blanket free HD for everyone. Keep that out of the Super stuff. If someone wants to pay for Red Zone and multiple game screen thats fine. It still should be free since you are already paying through the teeth for monopoly product.

Just like anything, call Retention and see what you can do. It does matter your customer status but asking nicely, being persistant pays off. Just look at folks that got deals with HD Tivo. Always worth a try.

Either way, you can always ask them about the mailer they sent you last year in regards to the free superfan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts