NFL Ticket? Ha! Who needs it?!

dnyce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Atlanta
Yesterday I enjoyed watching 4 HD Football games with Voom and my trusty OTA. Who needs Direct?? I got the Colts game in HD, Giants game in HD (Go G Men!), and the Dallas Game in HD. That was all during the day, then I got the ESPN HD game last night. A friend of mine dropped $300 on the NFL Ticket because he said he'd rather watch more football than get Voom and watch HD with nothing on. Sucker! I called him and we were watching the same games, except mine were free :D

Sure I would have liked to see the Jets game but in my mind it's not worth a few hundred dollars to see one extra game a week. Two weeks through football season and all games shown OTA in South Florida on CBS and Fox were in HD except one last week. Not bad..... :smug

I agree. It also helps that my life long team (Bucs) finally won a superbowl and now the team is totally different with Sapp/Lynch gone. Also, I moved to the Houston area (rocks throw from Nasa) and while I'd like to root for the Texans, they SUCK. So I certainly have no reason to lay down $300. I also got to watch a couple OTA HD games and ESPN HD last night.

I agree. I can watch football in HD all day long without ST. But only an idiot pays 300 bucks. You signup and get it for free the first year with equipment purchase and the resub fee is like 180, at least my offer was.

College ball is more emotional, but pro is more refined at times, and I think more fast-paced and strategic, unfortunately you have crybabies whining about more money than just pure passion to get into the NFL as college games have. I like both.

I watched two games and tonight ABCs will be three games.

Here's the good about NFL Sunday Ticket. You get to watch more NFL Sunday games out of your area than anyone else.

Here's the bad: All the games are group into two time slots 1pm (EDT) & 4pm (EDT). So in effect depending on your viewing habits: (1) if you want to watch full games from beginning to end, you may only watch 2 games. (2) if you want to watch more games you need to use your remote control like you are using Play Station 2 or X-box -- up and down. My preference it is always to watch full games but I can see the benefit of not having to watch a game which it is not good and switching to another.

As opposed to the other tickets: MLB, Hockey, & NBA most of the games have staggered time and there is a lot more games during the day. Of course, none of them are HD.

In conclusion, there are good/bad to have it. At this point, I would not pay the $ to see it. I am not such a big football fan that I have to see every game. I like some variety on my sundays. I watch the local game and change to another show. But this is just me after all.

Interesting that I found this thread since I was thinking about that also. Between ESPND and locals OTA I get much more football than what I can possibly watch.

I guess I will speak up for the crazy people that LOVE the NFL ticket. For those of us that have the bandwidth and desire to watch multiple games at one time, the ticket is for us.

This is the only reason, I subscribe to D* for the last quarter or more every year. ( that and Noggin ). I consider this just like getting Voom. Whether its HD or NFL programming, I pay for the programming that I like.

Mike

You forgot another reason...

ST is great for people like me who root for a non-local team. I live just outside of NYC and I'm an Eagles fan. So far, this season, I've been luck in they played the Giants in week 1 (on locally--in HD but I had problems watching it) and they're on MNF tonight (in HD). However, next week, they're in Detroit. Won't be catching that game on national TV...

Anyway, there are a lot of transplanted fans out there who love ST because you can follow your team.

The Rickster

dnyce said:
Yesterday I enjoyed watching 4 HD Football games with Voom and my trusty OTA. Who needs Direct?? I got the Colts game in HD, Giants game in HD (Go G Men!), and the Dallas Game in HD. That was all during the day, then I got the ESPN HD game last night. A friend of mine dropped $300 on the NFL Ticket because he said he'd rather watch more football than get Voom and watch HD with nothing on. Sucker! I called him and we were watching the same games, except mine were free :D

Sure I would have liked to see the Jets game but in my mind it's not worth a few hundred dollars to see one extra game a week. Two weeks through football season and all games shown OTA in South Florida on CBS and Fox were in HD except one last week. Not bad..... :smug

LOL, ask your friend if he like to play poker, I could use the extra funds. I paid $171.80 for the NFL Sunday Ticket (renwal price + small credit) Sean and the ohers have hit the high points (out of market, crappy game in market, Fantasy Football). There are thouse of us that live for sports, especially American Football.

On average I watch about 25 actual minutes of 6 games between morning & afternoon games. Now that is a guess but I manage to see just under half of 3 games in the am and 3 in the pm ... not too bad. Plus I do get stuck watching Detroit vs. Chicago.

To each thier own.

vurbano said:
I agree. I can watch football in HD all day long without ST. But only an idiot pays 300 bucks. You signup and get it for free the first year with equipment purchase and the resub fee is like 180, at least my offer was.

WOW ....I did not know if you enjoyed FB enough to get the sunday ticket you were an idiot. it was only about $200 also as you said. :confused:

mkwillia said:
I guess I will speak up for the crazy people that LOVE the NFL ticket. For those of us that have the bandwidth and desire to watch multiple games at one time, the ticket is for us.

This is the only reason, I subscribe to D* for the last quarter or more every year. ( that and Noggin ). I consider this just like getting Voom. Whether its HD or NFL programming, I pay for the programming that I like.

Mike

mike I am with you....you idiot!!!! also with you on the noggin thing. kids love it. 4 tv's in living room for sundays here.

ST = NFL Sunday Ticket
D* = DirecTV

I record the locally broadcasted HD NFL games. I have 2 Motorola 6208's leased from my cable company (Insight). These games are blacked out by D* on ST.

I watch the HD ST games live. I usually flip between 2 games but I keep my laptop next to me to keep a close watch on www.nfl.com/scores.shtml This site immediately updates the scores and tells you who has the ball and where they are on the field (red zone alert). I can tell if a game is heating up or is close so I can switch to that and enjoy the action.

Yes I'm a NFL football fanatic and all the HD NFL games on ST were great this past Sunday. Can't wait until next Sunday! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)