NFL Ticket ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Northeast PA
Hello Guys, I have HD programming.. My question is: If I order the reg. NFL Ticket, will I receive the games in HD? Or will I have to order the upgraded "Superfan"?
Thanks

ps..The prices are ridiculous...$279.95 for Ticket and 398.95 for Superfan...

Hello Guys, I have HD programming.. My question is: If I order the reg. NFL Ticket, will I receive the games in HD? Or will I have to order the upgraded "Superfan"?
Thanks

If they do it the same as previous years, you must order the SF to get the HD. Offers usually start coming out in July - and I sure hope they change that!

You will probably need the SF package. BUT if you ask me Directv might start having to give it to people for free or just have it included in the regular ST package IF cable is going to get the Red Zone Channel.

Thanks

- superfan is 99....so the total would be 378.95 not 398.95.
- alot of people got superfan free last year though & some have this year already too.
- sunday ticket is now started showing on renewal peoples account.
- i would think u could probably get superfan free too as an incentive to get u to sign for sunday ticket.

You'll need superfan this year to get the games in HD, just like last year.

Not only are the games with regular NFLST in standard definition, they must have turned the quality knob all the way down. I had it without SF last year and the picture quality was awful. During the kickoff, all the white lines on the field would rainbow, the picture always looked washed out, and in general it looked like I was watching a game from the 1950's on ESPN Classic.

Got to the point by midseason that I'd prefer to watch a less desirable game on one of my HD locals than one on ST.

After considering the overall cost, I decided that this year I'd just watch whatever the networks served up. Even though my favorite team is out of market and i'm a huge football fan.

Nearly $25 a week is just a little bit too much. If it was closer to $15/week and included HD, I'd get it.

Same question as every year:

Have you priced a family of 3 or 4 with season tix and one small meal and drink at your local stadium and it's lowly 8 games (assuming you even have a local team)? Also factor in parking, gas and your time and hassle getting there.

Easy math to do and the NFLST/SF comes out as a very good bargain considering what you get and what you can offer your 2, 5, 10+ guests at your home.

Why do we go thru this EVERY season?

I think if you pay the regular hd fee every month and have HD receiver then you should get the games in HD with no charges. It is just this nickle and diming stuff that is just too much. Again, with cable getting the red zone channel (free or charged?) maybe Directv will have more pressure to have the SF free.

Again, with cable getting the red zone channel (free or charged?) maybe Directv will have more pressure to have the SF free.

Cable is getting RDZ sometime before the start of 2012 season....not necessarily this season....so maybe might not be until 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012.

One of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make was whether to keep D* or go back to cable. With MLB EI now available on cable, the decision became much easier. I live in an area that is served by both Baltimore and Washington and was not given the option of which locals I could get.By going back to cable, I get them both. I will miss the Sunday NFL package, but not that much. Directv customer service has been one of the worst experiences of my life and I will certainly not miss it. My only problem is , what in the hell to do with this big oval dish on my outside wall.

I think if you pay the regular hd fee every month and have HD receiver then you should get the games in HD with no charges. It is just this nickle and diming stuff that is just too much. Again, with cable getting the red zone channel (free or charged?) maybe Directv will have more pressure to have the SF free.

Why would the Red Zone to cable add pressure to D* ?
D* has to OK it before Cable can get it, all they have to do is say NO.

Personally, I never watch the Red Zone channel as far as I can tell, it's basically for fantasy guys, all I want is the HD portion and for YEARS now they have been making us HD guys pay for the crap we have no interest and no desire to have in order to have our HD.

D* why not offer the HD portion to us like you do the MLB guys for like $ 40 a year ?

Jimbo

One of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make was whether to keep D* or go back to cable. With MLB EI now available on cable, the decision became much easier. I live in an area that is served by both Baltimore and Washington and was not given the option of which locals I could get.By going back to cable, I get them both. I will miss the Sunday NFL package, but not that much. Directv customer service has been one of the worst experiences of my life and I will certainly not miss it. My only problem is , what in the hell to do with this big oval dish on my outside wall.

Take it down, place it out with the garbage and it will be gone before morning ....
Or you can always try to sell it on ebay if you want the hassle.

Why would the Red Zone to cable add pressure to D* ?
D* has to OK it before Cable can get it, all they have to do is say NO.

Personally, I never watch the Red Zone channel as far as I can tell, it's basically for fantasy guys, all I want is the HD portion and for YEARS now they have been making us HD guys pay for the crap we have no interest and no desire to have in order to have our HD.

D* why not offer the HD portion to us like you do the MLB guys for like $ 40 a year ?

Jimbo

The NFL has already OK'd it and Directv agreed with their new contract. The Red Zone channel is the greatest thing to happen to televised football ever. When there is a game that I must see, I watch it. Any other time my main TV is on the Red Zone. They switch around from game to game showing teams in the red zone, all of the good plays, big hits, etc. Sometimes two games at once. All this with NO commercials. I'm not sure what this has to do with fantasy football. The only fantasy thing they have is "player tracker' and that's not part of SF. Every year I have called them (4 times last year) and gotten SF for free but if I had to pay I would.

Have you priced a family of 3 or 4 with season tix and one small meal and drink at your local stadium and it's lowly 8 games (assuming you even have a local team)? Also factor in parking, gas and your time and hassle getting there.

Easy math to do and the NFLST/SF comes out as a very good bargain considering what you get and what you can offer your 2, 5, 10+ guests at your home.

Now Charper...You know it would not be the spring/summer/fall season without a how much does Sunday Ticket cost post. In about would you say four to six weeks, the conversation will move into my other favorite all time annual threads were you able to get superfan for free and how many CSR's did it take :)

i cancelled my st friday. the auto renewal price is only 4 dollars cheapter than early bird. plus i'm tired of begging for free sf every year. my fixed income can only go so far, you know!

Now Charper...You know it would not be the spring/summer/fall season without a how much does Sunday Ticket cost post. In about would you say four to six weeks, the conversation will move into my other favorite all time annual threads were you able to get superfan for free and how many CSR's did it take :)

LOL, agreed!

The NFL has already OK'd it and Directv agreed with their new contract. The Red Zone channel is the greatest thing to happen to televised football ever. When there is a game that I must see, I watch it. Any other time my main TV is on the Red Zone. They switch around from game to game showing teams in the red zone, all of the good plays, big hits, etc. Sometimes two games at once. All this with NO commercials. I'm not sure what this has to do with fantasy football. The only fantasy thing they have is "player tracker' and that's not part of SF. Every year I have called them (4 times last year) and gotten SF for free but if I had to pay I would.

Ummm,
YES it is part of the SF package.
I just wish they would make a ST HD package and let the people that want the other stuff pay for it accordingly, instead of making anyone that want HD HAVE to pay for it ....

I have had the ST since it came out and have paid for it every year except 2.

You should copy your annual ST/SF post so you can just copy it back into a post daily when people ask about it !

Ummm,
YES it is part of the SF package.
I just wish they would make a ST HD package and let the people that want the other stuff pay for it accordingly, instead of making anyone that want HD HAVE to pay for it ....

I have had the ST since it came out and have paid for it every year except 2.

I agree that you should have the choice, I was just sticking up for the Red Zone. I love it and it's not a fantasy thing.

do they ever give deals for customers of the ST?.....i have been getting it loyaly for the past 4-5 years, but after July 10th, i will no longer have a job (after 10 years)......think they will cut the price down maybe for me? or isnt it worth the try?

also anyone have a new retention #?

do they ever give deals for customers of the ST?.....i have been getting it loyaly for the past 4-5 years, but after July 10th, i will no longer have a job (after 10 years)......think they will cut the price down maybe for me? or isnt it worth the try?

also anyone have a new retention #?

They don't have a retention number anymore. You have to call the regular number and ask for retention.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)