NFL WEEK 17 (your picks)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
new-nfl-logo1.jpg

Your picks for this week

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28
1:00PM

STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @ BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB

CHI @ HOU

TEN @ IND

NYG @ MIN

CAR @ NO

MIA @ NYJ

DAL @ PHI

CLE @ PIT

OAK @ TB

4:15PM

SEA @ ARI

WAS @ SF

8:15 PM

DEN @ SD

STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @ BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB

CHI @ HOU

TEN @ IND

NYG @ MIN

CAR @ NO

MIA @ NYJ

DAL @ PHI

CLE @ PIT

OAK @ TB

SEA @ ARI

WAS @ SF

DEN @ SD

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28
11:00AM

STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @
BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB

[strike]CHI @ HOU[/strike]

TEN @ IND

[strike]NYG @ MIN[/strike]

CAR @
NO

[strike]MIA [/strike][strike]@ NYJ[/strike]

[strike]DAL @ PHI[/strike]

CLE @ PIT

[strike]OAK @ TB[/strike]

2:15PM

SEA @ ARI

WAS
@ SF

6:15 PM

[strike]DEN @ SD[/strike]

Last edited:
STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @ BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB

CHI @ HOU

TEN @ IND

NYG @ MIN

CAR @ NO

MIA @ NYJ

DAL @ PHI

CLE @ PIT

OAK @ TB

SEA @ ARI

WAS @ SF

DEN @ SD

Going with home teams this week, mostly. :)

new-nfl-logo1.jpg

winners in bold :)

Your picks for this week

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28

STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @ BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB

CHI @ HOU

TEN @ IND

NYG @ MIN

CAR @ NO

MIA @ NYJ

DAL @ PHI

CLE @ PIT

OAK @ TB

SEA @ ARI

WAS @ SF

DEN @ SD

Winners in BOLD.

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28

STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @ BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB

CHI @ HOU

TEN @ IND

NYG @ MIN

CAR @ NO

MIA @ NYJ

DAL @ PHI

CLE @ PIT

OAK @ TB

SEA @ ARI

WAS @ SF

DEN @ SD

Falcons over Rams- Atlanta's trying to win a division title, and the Rams- well, they're the Rams- a gutless team with no heart.

Ravens over Jaguars- Let's see- one team has an injury-riddled offensive line, and the other has a fierce defense. I think we know who has the advantage here.

Patriots over Bills- New England is trying to somehow make the playoffs, and I don't trust Buffalo's defense- even in victory, they allowed over 500 yards of total offense to Denver.

Bengals over Chiefs- Cincy's playing better and I am picking them for the third straight week, but in this battle of the bad, there are no real winners. There are only losers- people forced to watch a game between losing teams. Steelertribute.com had a funny line for this game: "what could end up being the lowest TV ratings in the history of televised sports."

Packers over Lions- Just get it over with and put Wozniak out of his misery.

Texans over Bears- Even in victory, Chicago has looked VERY anemic on offense- if the Bears win the division, THEY might be a worse playoff represenative than Arizona. Oh, and the Bears do not have a cornerback as good as the one on Oakland with a hard-to-pronounce name.

Colts over Titans- Both teams are playing second-stringers with nothing at stake, but you know the Colts want to enter the playoffs with 9 straight wins.

Vikings over Giants- Minnesota wants to win the division, and the Giants have NOTHING at stake- don't count on this being as good as last year's regular-season finale against the then-15-0 Pats. Oh, and unless Adrian Peterson explodes and gets to 2,000 yards this season, there's no milestones at stake.

Panthers over Saints- Carolina has not lost a road game against the Saints since 2002.

Dolphins over Jets- The team in a season playing out like a Hollywood movie gets their magical ending, while the Pats are OUT of the playoffs to the dismay of those in the TV industry.

Cowboys over Eagles- Yes, Dallas looked back in their Texas Stadium finale, but Philly didn't exactly light it up themselves last week.

Steelers over Browns- Put HD MM out of his misery for this season- what has he done to deserve such a nightmarish year?

Bucs over Raiders- Oakland's offense has not had two great games in a row in a while- that trend will continue.

Cardinals over Seahawks- For all of Arizona's struggles on the road, Seattle is worse- they have two road wins to Zona's three.

49ers over Redskins- Singletary has his men playing with purpose. Even though the Skins won last week, their offense STUNK.

Chargers over Broncos- We are about to witness one of the greatest collapses in NFL history.

Atlanta over St. Louis - A tune-up for the playoff-bound Falcons.

Baltimore over Jacksonville - Baltimore fighting to play again next week.

New England over Buffalo - Again, another team fighting to play another week.

Cincinnati over Kansas City - Only 2 people in the whole world cares who wins this one. You know who you are.;)

Green Bay over Detroit - If I had seen some effort last week, I may have picked differently, but this team has finally quit. Too many reasons to list why this team can't win this game. At least 40+ are on the roster of this team.

Chicago over Houston - Two highly motivated teams, one wants to play again, the other playing for pride. Chicago's defense the difference here.

Indy over Tennessee - This would have been a great game IF there was anything at stake, but there isn't. this will be kind of like watching the Pro-Bowl, everybody just going through the motions.

New York Football Giants
over Minnesota - Don't buy into NY looking to rest there players. They have lost 2 of their last 3, and need to get back in to a groove for the playoffs. Plenty of time to rest with the bye week in front of them. NY burns them early and takes a nap in the second half.

Carolina over New Orleans - Brees won't break Marino's record here.

NY Bretts over Miami - I want this game to go the other way, but I'm still looking for Brett do it one last time, before heading off into the sunset. Miami's improved, but from 1-15 to the playoffs in one year? That's NOT supposed to happen.

Philadelphia over Dallas - Is there a way they both can lose? Strong dislike for both teams. In Phili's case, it's personal. Homefield is everything here.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland - You know what? If Cleveland was playing Detroit in this game, I WOULD PICK DETROIT! Losing to Cinci, without scoring, at home? Romeo, Oh Romeo, where for art thou? On the unemployment line on Monday, that's where.

Tampa Bay over the Oakland - Last chance for Tampa.

Arizona over Seattle - Arizona is another team that needs to get back in a groove before their one and out playoff appearance.

Washington over San Francisco - Washington is just better. They're kicking themselves over what may have been this season.

San Diego over Denver - What a shoot-out this one's going to be. What's the over/under - 100 pts?

AR15firing.gif
NY Bretts over Miami - I want this game to go the other way, but I'm still looking for Brett do it one last time, before heading off into the sunset. Miami's improved, but from 1-15 to the playoffs in one year? That's NOT supposed to happen

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28

STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @ BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB Sorry Paul but I think my University of Minn Duluth Bulldogs, a DII team (DII champs btw :D) could hang 40 on Detroit....At least I'll be able to see history

CHI @ HOU Really hope I'm right... ;)

TEN @ IND

NYG @ MIN Cant go against the Queens

CAR @ NO

MIA @ NYJ

DAL @ PHI

CLE @ PIT

OAK @ TB

SEA @ ARI AZ turns it around

WAS @ SF

DEN @ SD

Let's give it a whirl....

...But I am only putting predictions on MY team and games that have playoff implications:

ATL over STL....pretty easy, one team is completely better than the other.
BAL over JAX....see above!
NE over BUF.....man this is pretty easy....ALSO see above.
CHI over HOU...Bears can smell playoffs despite having offensive issues. Of ALL the teams in the NFL, the Raiders....LOL...showed the blue print to shut this team down. .....blanket Andre Johnson.. now they will have to execute.
IND over TEN....The Colts are rolling and they NEED to win to continue the momentum into the playoffs. IS there a hotter team than the Colts and Manning? NOPE.
NYG over MIN...suddenly, once a running game shows up, the team is right on track. Vikes just do not have the firepower to match up with G-Men.
NO over CAR...There is no better example of Jekyll/Hyde than the Saints. At home, they could be the scariest team to face....on the road, they look as bad as my Raiders...in some cases worse! Carolina still smarting after loss to G-Men.
NYJ over MIA....only because they are home and they NEED to win to get in, if I am not mistaken, Miami can still lose and get in...with help of course.
PHI over DAL...There is NOTHING that the Eagles would love to do than to eliminate the Cowboys from the playoffs. This IS their playoff game.
OAK over TB...the usual, but with a twist. Hoping the Raiders win because it's my heart saying YES...and a little extra because I will be driving up to Tampa to see it LIVE.
SD over DEN....Denver has a terrible time winning on the road and SD found an openning.

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28

STL @ ATL

JAC @ BAL

NE @ BUF

KC @ CIN

DET @ GB Sorry Paul but I think my University of Minn Duluth Bulldogs, a DII team (DII champs btw :D) could hang 40 on Detroit....At least I'll be able to see history

CHI @ HOU Really hope I'm right... ;)

TEN @ IND

NYG @ MIN Cant go against the Queens

CAR @ NO

MIA @ NYJ

DAL @ PHI

CLE @ PIT

OAK @ TB

SEA @ ARI AZ turns it around

WAS @ SF

DEN @ SD

No need to apologize to me. I didn't have anything to do with building this team. I did apply for the job, but never heard back from the Ford's. They could have at least interviewed me. They would have found out that I knew as little about the NFL as Millen did, and saved themselves $5M a year.

No need to apologize to me. I didn't have anything to do with building this team. I did apply for the job, but never heard back from the Ford's. They could have at least interviewed me. They would have found out that I knew as little about the NFL as Millen did, and saved themselves $5M a year.

LOL...you would think right?;)

new-nfl-logo1.jpg

winners in bold :)

Your picks for this week

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28

STL @ ATL:)

JAC @ BAL :)

NE @ BUF :)

KC @ CIN :)

DET @ GB :)

CHI @ HOU:)

TEN @ IND :mad:

NYG @ MIN :mad:

CAR @ NO :)

MIA @ NYJ :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DAL @ PHI :mad::D see ya T.O.

CLE @ PIT:)

OAK @ TB :mad::) happy for salsa!

SEA @ ARI :mad: cardinals showed up :rolleyes:

WAS @ SF:)

DEN @ SD:)

11-5 like the fins :D

Last edited:
Falcons over Rams- Atlanta's trying to win a division title, and the Rams- well, they're the Rams- a gutless team with no heart.:D

Ravens over Jaguars- Let's see- one team has an injury-riddled offensive line, and the other has a fierce defense. I think we know who has the advantage here.:D

Patriots over Bills- New England is trying to somehow make the playoffs, and I don't trust Buffalo's defense- even in victory, they allowed over 500 yards of total offense to Denver.:D (But really- :mad:)

Bengals over Chiefs- Cincy's playing better and I am picking them for the third straight week, but in this battle of the bad, there are no real winners. There are only losers- people forced to watch a game between losing teams. Steelertribute.com had a funny line for this game: "what could end up being the lowest TV ratings in the history of televised sports.":D

Packers over Lions- Just get it over with and put Wozniak out of his misery.:D

Texans over Bears- Even in victory, Chicago has looked VERY anemic on offense- if the Bears win the division, THEY might be a worse playoff represenative than Arizona. Oh, and the Bears do not have a cornerback as good as the one on Oakland with a hard-to-pronounce name.:D

Colts over Titans- Both teams are playing second-stringers with nothing at stake, but you know the Colts want to enter the playoffs with 9 straight wins.:D

Vikings over Giants- Minnesota wants to win the division, and the Giants have NOTHING at stake- don't count on this being as good as last year's regular-season finale against the then-15-0 Pats. Oh, and unless Adrian Peterson explodes and gets to 2,000 yards this season, there's no milestones at stake.:D

Panthers over Saints- Carolina has not lost a road game against the Saints since 2002.:D

Dolphins over Jets- The team in a season playing out like a Hollywood movie gets their magical ending, while the Pats are OUT of the playoffs to the dismay of those in the TV industry.:D

Cowboys over Eagles- Yes, Dallas looked back in their Texas Stadium finale, but Philly didn't exactly light it up themselves last week.:mad::eek:

Steelers over Browns- Put HD MM out of his misery for this season- what has he done to deserve such a nightmarish year?:D

Bucs over Raiders- Oakland's offense has not had two great games in a row in a while- that trend will continue.:mad::eek:

Cardinals over Seahawks- For all of Arizona's struggles on the road, Seattle is worse- they have two road wins to Zona's three.:D

49ers over Redskins- Singletary has his men playing with purpose. Even though the Skins won last week, their offense STUNK.:D

Chargers over Broncos- We are about to witness one of the greatest collapses in NFL history.

13-2 so far!

STL @ ATL :)

JAC @ BAL :)

DET @ GB Sorry Paul but I think my University of Minn Duluth Bulldogs, a DII team (DII champs btw :D) could hang 40 on Detroit....At least I'll be able to see history :D:D:D

CHI @ HOU Really hope I'm right... ;) :D:D

TEN @ IND :(

NYG @ MIN Cant go against the Queens :D:D:D

CAR @ NO :(

MIA @ NYJ :) Buh Bye Farve

DAL @ PHI :rolleyes:

CLE @ PIT :)

OAK @ TB :(

SEA @ ARI AZ turns it around :)

WAS @ SF :(

10-5 for the week
got to see a 0-16 team
got to see Farve & NE go bye bye
got to see the Vikes make the playoffs.....barely

...But I am only putting predictions on MY team and games that have playoff implications:

ATL over STL....pretty easy, one team is completely better than the other.:D
BAL over JAX....see above!:D
NE over BUF.....man this is pretty easy....ALSO see above.:D
CHI over HOU...Bears can smell playoffs despite having offensive issues. :mad:Of ALL the teams in the NFL, the Raiders....LOL...showed the blue print to shut this team down. .....blanket Andre Johnson.. now they will have to execute.
IND over TEN....The Colts are rolling and they NEED to win to continue the momentum into the playoffs. IS there a hotter team than the Colts and Manning? NOPE.:D
NYG over MIN...suddenly, once a running game shows up, the team is right on track. Vikes just do not have the firepower to match up with G-Men.:mad:
NO over CAR...There is no better example of Jekyll/Hyde than the Saints. At home, they could be the scariest team to face....on the road, they look as bad as my Raiders...in some cases worse! Carolina still smarting after loss to G-Men.:mad:
NYJ over MIA....only because they are home and they NEED to win to get in, if I am not mistaken, Miami can still lose and get in...with help of course.:mad: But HAPPY for SOME 'Phins fans like Rey here and SOME friends at work...:up
PHI over DAL...There is NOTHING that the Eagles would love to do than to eliminate the Cowboys from the playoffs. This IS their playoff game.:D
OAK over TB...the usual, but with a twist. Hoping the Raiders win because it's my heart saying YES...and a little extra because I will be driving up to Tampa to see it LIVE. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
SD over DEN....Denver has a terrible time winning on the road and SD found an openning.

I don't know what it is the tally for the night....BUT WHO CARES!!!! I was the ONLY guy that picked my Raiders and we have a good finish to end the season, winning both our home and road season finalies!! Please excuse my giddiness....but this is the 1st time in a VERY long time my Raiders finish the season on an up note and momentum for next season.....I am almost embarrassed......LOL!:D:eek:

EDIT: Only predicted the playoff type games.... 6-4 not including tonight's game.

Winners in BOLD.

Week 17
Sun, Dec 28

STL @ ATL :)

JAC @ BAL :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DET @ GB :(:(:(:(

CHI @ HOU :)

TEN @ IND :)

NYG @ MIN :(

CAR @ NO :)

MIA @ NYJ :)

DAL @ PHI :)

CLE @ PIT :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

OAK @ TB :(

SEA @ ARI :)

WAS @ SF :(

DEN @ SD
:(

10-6 this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)