NFL Wild-Card Schedule- Which games are on Saturday and Sunday and when?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Looking at the schedule for Wild-Card weekend, I have come to some conclusions as to where the Wild-Card games will be:

Arizona, whoever wins the Denver/San Diego game, either Minnesota/Chicago, or whether the Jets/Dolphins/Patriots get the AFC East title.

Last year, the NFC got both of the early doubleheader games, and the AFC got it the year before.

According to logic, the Denver/San Diego winner and either Jets/Dolphins/Pats SHOULD play the early games.

However, I may not see it that way.

How do YOU see the Wild-Card games scheduled on Saturday and Sunday?

Here's how I see it:

Saturday
Early Game- Wild Card team vs. Arizona (Not exactly a high-profile game, unless Dallas goes to the desert- then that would be prime-time)

Late Game- Indy vs. the AFC West winner (NBC ALWAYS wants to put the Colts on primetime. I mentioned the AFC should get the early games on the rotation, but you know NBC wants big ratings, and they LOVE Peyton Manning and a team coming into the playoffs on a roll)

IMO, the ONLY Way Arizona gets the Saturday late game is if they get the ratings-draw that is the Cowboys IF they get in

Sunday
Early Game- Wild Card vs. AFC East winner

Late Game- Wild Card vs. Vikings/Bears

I don't think the Colts are a lock for primetime. I remember in 04 they had the Sun. early game. Last year, they had the same thing when they lost to the Chargers.
I don't know who's playing where. I'm not going to go all through all the scenerios but here's one.

IF the Pats win the AFC East, I could see the Pats vs. Wild Card winner be the early Sat. game because it would look like the Colts would be at Denver/San Diego.
If Dallas is out and let's say Chicago and Minnesota make the playoffs, Minnesota would be at Chicago and Atlanta would be at Arizona. I could see ATL/ARIZ. being the early Sat. game and Chicago/Minnesota being the late Fox game.

I hoped this helped a little. It's very confusing and nothing is final yet.

How/why is it that division rivals could play in the first round ?
I know it happens, just don't understand how they come to that conclusion.

ex: Minn just plays Chicago last week.

Jimbo

How/why is it that division rivals could play in the first round ?
I know it happens, just don't understand how they come to that conclusion.

ex: Minn just plays Chicago last week.

Jimbo

3 seed hosts 6 seed, 4 seed hosts 5 seed, no matter what divisions they are in. 3 & 4 seeds are division champs, 5 & 6 seeds are wild cards. Wild cards are always in the road except in 1 scenario. If the 5 & 6 seeds are in the conference championship game, 5 seed hosts.

Football doesnt have the "division rivals cant play each other in the first round" rule like the other sports

I know baseball the wild card team CANT play the division winner if its in the same division in 1st round

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)