NFLHD looks like crap!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Broncos game looks as bad right now as ESPNHD ever did. Any motion causes macro blocking, even the spinning graphic. Looks like our PQ is in the toilet AGAIN!!!:rolleyes:

Looking fine on my 46" 1080p LCD. Sure you're watching 212 (MPEG4) and not 95 (MPEG2)?

I would point out that the op is our resident grump, Vurbano.

I would point out that the op is our resident grump, Vurbano.

Well in the past Ive posted frame grabs of ESPNHD and etc and still you fanboys remained in denial. Obviously no one can do that with the mpeg4 stuff yet. NFLHD reminded me of CBS with its pristine PQ in the past but last night was a DISASTER. You people are beyond help. Even Cpanther has stated at AVS that he has noticed a degredation in PQ of the new mpeg4 channels. I wonder what his thoughts are on this one?

Well in the past Ive posted frame grabs of ESPNHD and etc and still you fanboys remained in denial. Obviously no one can do that with the mpeg4 stuff yet. NFLHD reminded me of CBS with its pristine PQ in the past but last night was a DISASTER. You people are beyond help. Even Cpanther has stated at AVS that he has noticed a degredation in PQ of the new mpeg4 channels. I wonder what his thoughts are on this one?

Vurbano, I really think you just need to cancel your D* subscription and stay with BD/HD-DVD/OTA and forget DBS since unless there is not one single error in the picture anywhere you are not going to be happy.

Looking fine on my 46" 1080p LCD. Sure you're watching 212 (MPEG4) and not 95 (MPEG2)?
INteresting question. At one point all of the existing mpeg2 was simply being remapped into the 200 range. That is not true for NFLHD? I havent checked

INteresting question. At one point all of the existing mpeg2 was simply being remapped into the 200 range. That is not true for NFLHD? I havent checked

NFL-HD on 212 is the MPEG4 feed, when they show a game on 95 it's in MPEG2 for all the folks that haven't upgraded yet to MPEG4 STB's.

Seriously, even when I posted frames of D* mpeg2 in the past and 99% of the D* drones on this forum would say "it looks great to me"

yet credible sources like Panther say:

The blocking is coming from D*'s satellite and is very pronounced on their MPEG2 1080i channels. Anyone that isn't seeing it has something severely wrong with their system or their eyesight.

so Why would I expect any honest opinion here now? Silly me. Sorry I asked.

Seriously, even when I posted frames of D* mpeg2 in the past and 99% of the D* drones on this forum would say "it looks great to me"

yet credible sources like Panther say:

so Why would I expect any honest opinion here now? Silly me. Sorry I asked.

OK, he's saying the MPEG2 version of the channel, not the MPEG4 version which we're saying looked fine last night. But then again what do we expect when we're taking to someone that's never wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)