nfusion receiver doa

Status
Please reply by conversation.

l33thax3d

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Im tring to use a nFusion FTA receiver, not sure whats wrong with it. When its hooked up, a red light comes up on the front, no output from the coax to tv, pressing power on front panel / remote just leaves the red light on.

When I plug in a RJ45 into the network jack, the network indicator lights come on but theres no activity.

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10130430/

I believe its the nFusion Nova, not sure anything about it.

correct me if im wrong.

Do I need to load software on it before I can use it? I was told it worked and they just sat it on the shelf for a few years.

Ill try to answer any questions you guys ask.

I also plugged the Sat in into the dp34 on a Superdish using the DN LNB.

Sounds like the units is DOA. Maybe failed power supply of bad firmware.

See if a computer recognizes the RS-232 port. Might try to restore the firmware.

Unfortunately, this receiver was primarily developed for hacking and is not well featured or suited for FTA use, but it is good enough to get your feet wet with the hobby.

no output from the coax to tv

I would try the video/audio outputs, as well as the Svideo, Component, and HDMI outputs if it has them.
You might open it up and check power supply voltages, if you are qualified, but if not, that could be dangerous.
Since it's primarily a hacker receiver, I wouldn't spend much more time with it.
'Cause you still won't have much, if you get it going.

how can i test it via the rs-232 port? I will test the other video outputs tonight. i figured it would be a good beginners box for fta. how could i restore the original firmware /os. and where would i get it from? hope that doesnt affect fourm rules....

You would need a null modem RS-232 serial cable, the NFusion loader and a version of firmware. There seems to be several sets of instructions, but I will not link as they are also including information on key sharing, etc.

No need for anything recent as you are looking for stable firmware, not the latest hacking file. Not sure if these are applicable to your STB, but check out the downloads on this site: http://www.satelliteguys.us/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3&page=4

If you use Google to find the loader and firmware, be careful of other sites that you visit. You do not want your IP address logged at many sites as you may be incorrectly targeted as a theft of service "person of interest"... :eek:

Unless you have absolutely no chores to do around the house, throw that STB in the garbage. nfusion does not have blindscan, S2 or HD.

im afraid it will RIP, but ill put it on the shelf as a project for a rainy day, I didn't even know that it didn't have blindscan :(... Hoping to get enough parts to build a nice FTA setup if I get this home id like to buy, so being cheap is the major factor as of now, until I can afford a nice setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts